• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"conservative" radio talk show hosts call Constitutional carry "the kook fringe"?

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
"conservative" radio talk show hosts call Constitutional carry "the kook fringe"?

This audio link is Milwaukee "conservative" radio talk show hosts Charlie Sykes
and Jeff Wagner discussing the concealed carry legislation.

(both links are the same audio clip)

http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5610/c/238/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=6906

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9f0QTB0S28&feature=player_embedded

Milwaukee "conservative" radio talk show hosts Charlie Sykes and Jeff Wagner think people who support Constitutional Carry are "The kook fringe"

How nice of supposedly "conservative" radio show hosts to give the anti's
talking points.

Charlie calls constitutional carry "complicated" (at the 45 second mark)...
Complicated???? Really? The constitutional carry bill is 19 pages. It has NO
fiscal impact. The shall-issue permit bill is 60 pages and will cost MILLIONS.
Which is complicated???

LISTEN to Jeff Wagner at the 55 second mark stumble over admitting that
"registration" is a bad word, but "permitting" is better?

Contact Charlie Sykes and Jeff Wagner. POLITELY share with them a little about yourself, an average law-abiding Wisconsin resident who doesn't want to have to pay a tax and register with the government to be able to carry discreetly.

sykes@620wtmj.com

wagner@620wtmj.com

email Tom Land, program director and let him know that you don't appreciate
radio talk show hosts referring to law-abiding Wisconsinites as "kook fringe".

tland@journalbroadcastgroup.com

Email the advertising sales manager Tom Sheridan: tsheridan@620wtmj.com and let him know that Wisconsin Carry and the USCCA chose this past week to run our 2-week series of ads on WISN radio instead of WTMJ in part because of comments
like Charlie and Jeff's.

Since when did wanting smaller government and fewer taxes become "Kook fringe?"

Since when did not wanting meaningless permits and registration (its a felony for felons to carry and police, using their radio, can determine in SECONDS during a stop if a person who is carry is legal to do so) become "kook fringe"

Since when did embracing personal accountability VOLUNTARY training and knowing that people either already have or will seek training out of self-preservation (not shooting themselves handling their gun AND staying out of jail because using your gun unlawfully will get you a quick trip to jail) and government training mandates are not effective, become kook fringe?

EVEN the NRA is pushing AGAINST training mandates. Are their 100,000+ members in Wisconsin the "kook fringe"?

In 2010 the Wisconsin GOP changed their party platform at the state convention to support right to carry concealed WITHOUT a permit. Are they all "kook fringe"

The massive Wisconsin Tea-Party coalition and all of its 100+ independent member groups support constitutional carry. Are they and the 10's of thousands of law-abiding everyday folks they consist of all "kook fringe"?

It appears there is an out-of-touch "kook fringe" in this story, but its the
radio talk show hosts who sit on their perch behind microphones, pretend to be conservatives and talk down to the rest of us.

Carry On,

Nik Clark
Chairman/President - Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
www.wisconsincarry.org
nik@wisconsincarry.org
www.youtube.com/wisconsincarry
www.twitter.com/wisconsincarry
facebook: search "Wisconsin Carry"

Last edited:

Pyro01

My emails to skykes & wagner:

"Hello,

My name is Chris *****. I’m 24 years old and I consider myself one of Wisconsin’s average law-abiding citizens. I don’t feel it’s necessary to pay a tax and register with the government to be able to carry discreetly in public. As law-abiding WI citizens, we already have the right to practice open carry which allows us to carry a loaded handgun in public as long as it is openly displayed. Why should we have to pay a tax to cover our weapon with a coat when it’s cold out? We currently do not require any training to exercise this right, and so what difference does a coat make?

Thank you for listening,"

and my email to Tom Land:

"Dear Mr. Land,

My name is Chris ******, I’m 24 years old and I consider myself a law-abiding Wisconsin citizen. I work a full-time job and I enjoy my freedom afforded to me by Wisconsin’s constitution. I don’t appreciate it when radio talk show hosts refer to me as part of the “kook fringe” because I think we should be able to carry concealed handguns without a permit. We already can carry openly without a permit, and so why should we have to pay a tax to obtain a carry permit and cost WI millions of dollars it can’t afford on a permitting system? If it’s cold out and I want to be able to protect myself when I run out to get milk at 1AM, why does my coat require a permit to carry a gun when I could otherwise openly carry a gun without a permit? Please consider who some of your listeners are and that we don’t like being called “kooks” because we choose to exercise our right to self-defense in an already dangerous world.

Sincerely,"

M

McX

i'd like to say thank you on behalf of the group and myself, and i hope we passed the audition(1). added this honor to my signature: Kook Fringe.

(1); who knows this one uttered by who? when?

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
And that is how charles and jeffery would feel in the day of the founding of this country, Can you imagine when the Declaration of Independance was being written or the Bill of Rights ? Our founding Fathers would be concidered kooks by these two rino paper patriots, They can both, well you know.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
My Thoughts Exactly!

And that is how charles and jeffery would feel in the day of the founding of this country, Can you imagine when the Declaration of Independance was being written or the Bill of Rights ? Our founding Fathers would be concidered kooks by these two rino paper patriots, They can both, well you know.

See you tonight at Lizzy's! McX had decided to show his mug tonight at Lizzy's!

blaze

I was listening to the live broadcast the day Sykes and Wagner discussed the kook fringe remark. It was about five minutes before twelve o clock like everyday the two discuss current issues.

Yes, it got me going for a minute, but Sykes and Wagner do this every day to boost ratings. And yes Sykes and Wagner want permits and training but this was a two minute conversation that is meaningless.

When they start devoting a good portion of their show to permits and training will be a time when I become concerned.

The kook fringe remarks that day was just hype for their shows. If you so desire to email them with smarmy junk, they will hammer you with permit and training crap on their shows. It is basically a live and let live situation. I do not care what you do, mess with Sykes and Wagner, they will use your mail to their advantage all day long.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
You mean like WAVE used their remarks for YouTube?

I was listening to the live broadcast the day Sykes and Wagner discussed the kook fringe remark. It was about five minutes before twelve o clock like everyday the two discuss current issues.

Yes, it got me going for a minute, but Sykes and Wagner do this every day to boost ratings. And yes Sykes and Wagner want permits and training but this was a two minute conversation that is meaningless.

When they start devoting a good portion of their show to permits and training will be a time when I become concerned.

The kook fringe remarks that day was just hype for their shows. If you so desire to email them with smarmy junk, they will hammer you with permit and training crap on their shows. It is basically a live and let live situation. I do not care what you do, mess with Sykes and Wagner, they will use your mail to their advantage all day long.

And if we keep quiet then there must not be any opposition to permits, training, gun registration, etc...

WAVE took that "2 minute conversation" and linked it to their site and on YouTube.

blaze

And if we keep quiet then there must not be any opposition to permits, training, gun registration, etc...

WAVE took that "2 minute conversation" and linked it to their site and on YouTube.

I never said you had to be quiet, I do not care what anybody on this forum does or does not. I listen to Sykes and Wagner everyday, they love to use mail comments to their advantage, be it for or against they will twist whatever.

protias

Nobody mentioned anything about freedom and crazy. You are one of a handful of regular posters on this forum who believe well if we get what we want, the rest of the political ramifications will not bother me. Screw everyone else.

This forum has turned into so much fluff and buff, Mcx sez we dont need no stinkin permits everyday, who cares. Others on here think they have to get kudos by posting, yup I did this and I did that. Meaningless drivel. Alot of you live in a dream world where CC and everything else related to firearm policy in Wisconsin is a gimme.

Some of the few remaining regular posters on this ever receding forum need to just get things done and not worry about adulation from others on here. Grow up. If you are that insecure you probably should not be handling firearms.

You know what blayze, if you don't like it, please leave, don't read posts, don't participate here, etc, etc, etc. You have the ability to voice your opinion as anyone else. Some of us continue to fight for what is right while people like you continue to just roll over and die and just accept what is given, or rather, taken from you.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
+1 !!

You know what blayze, if you don't like it, please leave, don't read posts, don't participate here, etc, etc, etc. You have the ability to voice your opinion as anyone else. Some of us continue to fight for what is right while people like you continue to just roll over and die and just accept what is given, or rather, taken from you.

+1 !!

oak1971

Nobody mentioned anything about freedom and crazy. You are one of a handful of regular posters on this forum who believe well if we get what we want, the rest of the political ramifications will not bother me. Screw everyone else.

This forum has turned into so much fluff and buff, Mcx sez we dont need no stinkin permits everyday, who cares. Others on here think they have to get kudos by posting, yup I did this and I did that. Meaningless drivel. Alot of you live in a dream world where CC and everything else related to firearm policy in Wisconsin is a gimme.

Some of the few remaining regular posters on this ever receding forum need to just get things done and not worry about adulation from others on here. Grow up. If you are that insecure you probably should not be handling firearms.

You seem to be the one who is insecure. If as you say, yours is the "real world" opinion why would our so called "fantasy" threaten you? Methinks thou dost protest too much.

HandyHamlet

funny-awesome-photos-18.jpg

AaronS

If this forum bothers you so much, why on earth do you come back?
If all we post is "meaningless drivel" why do you keep reading it?
You say that we should just "get things done", but I have to ask, what are you doing?

This forum has helped us work as a team to try to get a few laws changed. It is looking like our work is going to pay off soon. I can't help it if you were never asked to help us out. I for one, don't think I want your help. You look to be a "force of one" and not a team player.
On top of all of this, you pick on Mcx? Thats just not cool.

M

McX

Mcx sez we dont need no stinkin permits everyday, who cares.
you pick on Mcx? Thats just not cool.

i'm big enough to take criticism, no problem. it's sort of an honor to be quoted, and thusly defended.

everything is Zen!- kiss, kiss in the rear view.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQzbCsfDhPg

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Pick On McX Time! Yee Haw!

Mcx sez we dont need no stinkin permits everyday, who cares.
you pick on Mcx? Thats just not cool.

i'm big enough to take criticism, no problem. it's sort of an honor to be quoted, and thusly defended.

everything is Zen!- kiss, kiss in the rear view.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQzbCsfDhPg

I'll be picking on him as well as Springfield 1911 and John and anyone else I see at the freaking BBQ today in Janesville! Now that is the place to get the "picking" done! LOL.

Looking forward to this picnic! Wow has today turned into one heck of a beautiful day! :)

protias

I'll be picking on him as well as Springfield 1911 and John and anyone else I see at the freaking BBQ today in Janesville! Now that is the place to get the "picking" done! LOL.

Looking forward to this picnic! Wow has today turned into one heck of a beautiful day! :)
Especially if you have a .45 and a 1911. That really sticks in McX's craw. :lol: