• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

visit from wa.

Dreamer

Unless you have a MD-issues permit, carry is illegal--OC, CC, carry in your car, even transporting it in most situations is illegal.

If you own property (home or business) in MD, you can transport a firearm between your home and that other property in your vehicle. You can transport a gun from your home to a range, gun store, gunsmith, or official event (like a competition), but you must NOT go anywhere else, or make a side trip while transporting your gun.

You may transport a firearm THROUGH Maryland per the Firearms Owner Protection Act (FOPA), but it must be unloaded, locked in a box, the ammo stored separately, and inaccessible by the driver or any passengers.

Essentially, if you own a gun and live outside of MD, and don't own property in MD, the best way to deal with MD gun laws is to AVOID Maryland, because there is simply NO legal way for you to transport a firearm into MD unless you are taking it directly to an event, range, smith, or gun shop, and then going directly back home.

IF you are vacationing in MD, there is almost NO WAY you could legally have a gun with you, unless you are a cop and covered under LEOSA-96, and even then, some jurisdictions may try to arrest you for illegal carry anyway, because in MD, they seem to believe that Federal law doesn't apply to them...

Good luck... I'd suggest vacationing in WV or PA...

Last edited:

Shovelhead

Washington DC is worse than Maryland............
conf45.gif