• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This is why some people shouldn't own guns.

buster81

RSMo 571.030.1(3) Discharges or shoots a firearm into a dwelling house, a railroad train, boat, aircraft, or motor vehicle as defined in section 302.010, or any building or structure used for the assembling of people; or

It does not indicate that your property is exempt. Just saying. A buddy of mine presses a bit of that wax you can buy to create earplugs for swimming then shoots them in his basement at a target. Not saying it is smart, still it is illegal to discharge/shoot a firearm in a house as indicated in the above statute, in Missouri.

Is shooting "into" a house the same as shooting inside a house?

230therapy

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]"I would rather be exposed to the inconvenience attending too much Liberty than those attending too small degree of it."

Thomas Jefferson
[/FONT]

JohnH

In the NRA reloading handbook you will find an article on reloadng 38 special loadds especially for use in below ground home basements. This was once a common practice. Ken Waters speaks more than once of using his below ground range accessed through the basement of his house. Speer makes a plastic shot for use with primers only for indoor and close range target practice.

Last edited:

buster81

I guess you could split that legal hair if you choose to do so. I am pretty sure it is not the "place" that you discharge into or "inside of" that is the intent of the law, rather the discharging it self. Any way, if you have a notion to do a bit of "test" firing inside your house, or into your house, it is your house. Good luck if/when the local peace officer comes-a-knocking.

I won't be doing any testing. I would think the intent were to punish those doing drive-by's with the additional crime of shooting into a dwelling, etc....but... if you're pretty sure, I guess that settles it.

B

Brentes

Hi ChiangShih,
New in this forum and while trying to view the video I got error "This video has been removed because its content violated YouTube"
Please check and share the link again.