• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RINO in Recall Election

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
The GAB has said that enough signatures have been approved to recall anti-concealed carry Luther Olsen. Anyone in his district should ask (and record) how he feels about Constitutional Carry and mandated training. He has his own vision of the world.

littlewolf

The GAB has said that enough signatures have been approved to recall anti-concealed carry Luther Olsen. Anyone in his district should ask (and record) how he feels about Constitutional Carry and mandated training. He has his own vision of the world.

he answers with a form letter stating that CONSTITUTIONAL Carry is COMPEX. Sent me the same letter 3 times.
Time for that fat old man to go! Make some room for a real conservative.

dinwi

agreed

I get the same form letters that Little Wolf gets.

I'm not well versed in politics, but won't the recall election be between him & a dem opponent? or will there be a primary to pick?

Hey little wolf, I live over by Bear Lake :) I'll look you up when I need to purchase my next firearm !

D

jrclen

I live in his district also. I receive the same form letter. Senator Olsen claims he supports concealed carry. I would love to help elect an actual conservative in this district, but no one is stepping forward. His Democrat opponent in the recall is an anti gun liberal assemblyman (Clark) who speaks out of both sides of his mouth. He strongly supports the right of retired police officers to carry firearms. Yipeeee.

This area is filled with RINOs. Clark's Republican opponent in the last election (Cummings) told me at a town hall meeting that he supported every legal use of fire arms when I questioned him about his support for concealed carry. I pointed out concealed carry is illegal. He dodged the question and moved on. I refused to vote for him.

comp45acp

At this point it is about maintaining control of the Senate. If you don't support Olsen you are supporting his anti-gun opponent. It is far better to support Olsen, maintain control of the Senate and then let Senate leadership deal with him. Losing control of the Senate would be devastating to the Walker and conservative agenda as well as to any other pro-gun legislation we would want to get passed in the next 2 years.

blaze

At this point it is about maintaining control of the Senate. If you don't support Olsen you are supporting his anti-gun opponent. It is far better to support Olsen, maintain control of the Senate and then let Senate leadership deal with him. Losing control of the Senate would be devastating to the Walker and conservative agenda as well as to any other pro-gun legislation we would want to get passed in the next 2 years.

You are absolutely right on, could not be more correct with your post.

Some of the people who post on this forum need to educate themselves on the Wisconsin political scene.

Last edited:

dinwi

That's what I was thinking... We're better off with a questionable Luther Olsen, than a "for sure anti" opponent...

D

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
That's what I was thinking... We're better off with a questionable Luther Olsen, than a "for sure anti" opponent...

D

Agreed. To get his attention, support him with time and money. Just make sure he knows who you are and where you stand.

jrclen

I agree completely with this. I do plan to vote for him in the recall.

Passive101

Lesser of 2 evils. Not a chance a new candidate is going to come in with a chance to win on this one.

JerryD

There is nothing that says another republican can't run against Olsen!! for those of you who think he is better than nothing you are wrong!

He voted against the concealed weapons bill the last time it came up and he is only now saying he is for it because he knows he has to if he has a chance at surviving the recall, Luther Olsen is no more a republican then Obama is.

My family which consists of 10 votes will not be voting for him, If his opponent isn't 2nd amendment friendly we will in all likelyhood simply not vote we are tired of having to simply accept what bottom of the barrel candidate the party gives us.

we may even write in one of our own names because that way we at least voted.

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
An OC forum member from the 14th District?

There is nothing that says another republican can't run against Olsen!! for those of you who think he is better than nothing you are wrong!

He voted against the concealed weapons bill the last time it came up....
Do you have a citation for that vote? Too bad we couldn't figure out how to run one of our own. Surely there must be an OC forum member from the 14th District who would be a good candidate.

Last edited:

JerryD

Do you have a citation for that vote? Too bad we couldn't figure out how to run one of our own. Surely there must be an OC forum member from the 14th District who would be a good candidate.

I do not have a cite. but one would think a write in candidate would suffice.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran

Olsen was the only Republican senator that voted to uphold Doyle's veto of the last concealed carry attempt. Five Democrat senators voted to override.

http://www.cwbradio.com/news/index.php?p=news&fn_incl=1&fn_mode=fullnews&fn_id=730

Now he wants a permitting system or will he vote for the Admendment 1 SB 93 once it clears committee? RINO double talk.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...cle_c14498fa-8667-11e0-ab7a-001cc4c002e0.html

dinwi

Hopefully...

Hopefully my semi-weekly emails were perhaps a small part in Olsen reconsidering his previous stand (per the article it says he will vote on whatever comes to the floor).

Hoping that it means he will vote FOR it. The article doesn't really say.

The last couple of canned responses from him say "I will consider your opinion when I cast my vote".

D

JerryD

Olsen should simply switch to the democrat party and then he would be at home and not have to worry about a recall.(I but would bet he has or is considering it)

Last edited: