Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Fox News Mentions OpenCarry.org

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,797

    Fox News Mentions OpenCarry.org

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...est=latestnews

    [SNIP]
    "...Only seven states ban the practice of openly carrying guns, and Pennsylvania isn't one of them, according to OpenCarry.org, which advocates gun rights..."

    ..."John Pierce, a co-founder of OpenCarry.org said, Philadelphia police have sent a clear message to gun owners that will chill their rights to openly carry.

    "Even if it's legal, we can punish you financially and by disruptions in your life," he said..."

    Oh and apparently Philly is now trying to intimidate gun owners by putting out a statement that should you OC in Philly you may be "inconvienced" and asked to lay on the ground until the officers feel safe.
    Last edited by Aknazer; 05-21-2011 at 10:56 AM.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    "Even if it's legal, we can punish you financially and by disruptions in your life," he said..."
    I wonder how much "disruption" might a pen cause?

    Oh and apparently Philly is now trying to intimidate gun owners by putting out a statement that should you OC in Philly you may be "inconvienced" and asked to lay on the ground until the officers feel safe.
    I see. So Philly officers are intimidated by honest, law-abiding citizens exercising their Constitutional rights.

    Huh. Interesting...

    Two days ago I OC'd next to five officers from the Colorado Springs Police Department at Wendy's. The incredible professionals here simply professionally sat there, professionally eating their lunch during a rather professional time of the day, and in a wonderfully professional manner, as I professionally ate my own burger and fries. We professionally interacted, simply, and quite professionally, saying hello to one another.

    To the fine men and women of the Colorado Springs Police Department: THANK YOU! You folks ROCK!!!

    I'm sure those fine Philly officers would have simply punished me financially by disrupting my life for caring enough about my country to exercise the second of some 27 amendments to the founding document governing all our lives.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran XD-GEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    722
    That huge financial disruption can work both ways with a nice civil rights violation lawsuit upside the head.

  4. #4
    Regular Member DevinWKuska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Spanaway
    Posts
    300
    Hmm I suspect groups like the NRA are gonna be all over this court case. I suspect when FLorino is cleared a very nice counter-lawsuit will be filed and Phili will pay out the wazoo for it. I think its interesting that they are pissed that he recorded the encounter when all it recorded was one of their "Finest" over-reacting. They also forget to mention that it wasnt a crime since it was not a private setting. I have heard the whole recording and dont hear anywhere in it that Florino was resisting arrest. He was calm through his entire ordeal. I hope Phili gets taught a lesson.
    "So there I was between a rock and a hard place, when it hit me... What am I doing on this side of the rock?"

  5. #5
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291
    The Philly police have made threats with their statements, if we were to make those threats against an officer or DA, we would be investigated and probed.


    It makes one wonder what they would do if it turned out it was a state or federal officer they cuffed and stuffed?

  6. #6
    Regular Member wild boar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    445
    quick, somebody call for jessy jackson and al sharpton!!
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

  7. #7
    Regular Member ~*'Phoenix'*~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    538
    I think the only appropriate answer for this is about 1000+ individual Open Carriers enjoying Philly, dozens per day, in 1's and 2's, all over the city, until they realize they can't waste their time harassing us when there are criminals (ironically, concentrated in the places farthest from us...) to deal with. Nor can they deal with the hundreds of incoming civil suits for harassment and wrongful detentions etc.
    You can't get arrested for it, and once dozens of us have been harrassed, it'd be easy to bring up civil charges against them.
    If I lived up there I think I'd be purposely spending more time in the city limits and exercising my right to get their attention at how wrong their plan is.
    Last edited by ~*'Phoenix'*~; 05-28-2011 at 10:48 PM.
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

  8. #8
    Regular Member JoeGlock40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    tucson/marana , az
    Posts
    119
    thats freakin rediculous...man im am so proud and happy to be born n bred in gun friendly az, im never movin outa this state
    "You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you’ll find me in a pile of brass.” – Trooper M. Padgett

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGlock40 View Post
    thats freakin rediculous...man im am so proud and happy to be born n bred in gun friendly az, im never movin outa this state
    I was born in Kalifornia and spend away from that police state as soon as I could.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

  10. #10
    Regular Member KansasMustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Herington, Kansas, USA
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    I wonder how much "disruption" might a pen cause?



    I see. So Philly officers are intimidated by honest, law-abiding citizens exercising their Constitutional rights.

    Huh. Interesting...

    Two days ago I OC'd next to five officers from the Colorado Springs Police Department at Wendy's. The incredible professionals here simply professionally sat there, professionally eating their lunch during a rather professional time of the day, and in a wonderfully professional manner, as I professionally ate my own burger and fries. We professionally interacted, simply, and quite professionally, saying hello to one another.

    To the fine men and women of the Colorado Springs Police Department: THANK YOU! You folks ROCK!!!

    I'm sure those fine Philly officers would have simply punished me financially by disrupting my life for caring enough about my country to exercise the second of some 27 amendments to the founding document governing all our lives.
    I lived in CO Springs for 14 years and love that town. Would have stayed but the Army in it's infinite wisdom decided I needed to move to Kansas. The other reason I decided to stay in Kansas was actually two-fold. #1 was that the Californians had moved from Silicon Valley to C-Springs and brought their drugs and gangs with them. The other was that along with their drugs and gangs, they elevated the cost of living 100%. I paid 120$ a ton for hay in CO. In Kansas it was 40$ a ton. Any idiot can do that math.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    29

    1000 man city tour?

    Quote Originally Posted by ~*'Phoenix'*~ View Post
    I think the only appropriate answer for this is about 1000+ individual Open Carriers enjoying Philly, dozens per day, in 1's and 2's, all over the city, until they realize they can't waste their time harassing us when there are criminals (ironically, concentrated in the places farthest from us...) to deal with. Nor can they deal with the hundreds of incoming civil suits for harassment and wrongful detentions etc.
    You can't get arrested for it, and once dozens of us have been harrassed, it'd be easy to bring up civil charges against them.
    If I lived up there I think I'd be purposely spending more time in the city limits and exercising my right to get their attention at how wrong their plan is.
    I could not agree more. We need to all get on board with some proposed dates. Willing to travel from here in SC, as I would imagine many others nationwide as well would. Time for tyranny against the innocent to stop. SC CWP with non resi Pa.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958
    The Philly PD makes me want'a puke. No RAS... no threat. If morons such as Sgt (whatta joke he must be) Dougherty react like that to the mere sight of a holstered firearm; they're in the wrong racket. Florino had cause to defend himself in view of Dougherty's antics. Ohhhh... but Dougherty has AUTHORITY!!!!! Ohhhhhhhhhh...
    Dougherty's just a thug punk with a badge and a blue suit. Too many of that type. 'Hope Florino owns a chunk of Philly when all's said 'n done... 'n a goodly piece of Dougherty's ass too for that matter.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23

    Bad Philly officer

    The lawsuit route is surely the best way (for now) to end this tyrannical nonsense. Don't these idiots realize that THEY WORK FOR US ??? What I'd like to see is not only lawsuits but forfiture of pensions as well. After a few dozen "police thugs" are bankrupted, they just might get the message. I don't actually look at the dummies that are doing this as actual police officers, merely thugs that "slipped through the cracks" and shaming the profession and reputations of actual police heros. Dispicable !!

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post

    Two days ago I OC'd next to five officers from the Colorado Springs Police Department at Wendy's. The incredible professionals here simply professionally sat there, professionally eating their lunch during a rather professional time of the day, and in a wonderfully professional manner, as I professionally ate my own burger and fries. We professionally interacted, simply, and quite professionally, saying hello to one another.

    To the fine men and women of the Colorado Springs Police Department: THANK YOU! You folks ROCK!!!
    Too bad those 5 fell off of the wagon 07/21/12....................

    For those not up to speed, here's the video
    Last edited by Shadetreezj; 08-19-2012 at 11:25 AM.
    Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have any film......

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    The question is not who is right or who is wrong but who can draw the fastest. This guy cries about his 2nd amendment rights but still allows them to treat him inappropriately.

  16. #16
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The question is not who is right or who is wrong but who can draw the fastest. This guy cries about his 2nd amendment rights but still allows them to treat him inappropriately.
    Taking shots at the police will get you charged with Capital murder regardless of the legality of the stop, and likely convicted.

    At this point and time it appears the Mayor of Colorado Springs is getting personally involved on the OCer's side from some of the news media reports.
    I don't why though, this guy annoys me with how much he talks when he really shouldn't, if I were in his place my response to the obviously unlawful detention would be name, rank, and serial number then shut up until I can speak to a lawyer.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  17. #17
    Regular Member F350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The High Plains of Wyoming
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    The lawsuit route is surely the best way (for now) to end this tyrannical nonsense. Don't these idiots realize that THEY WORK FOR US ??? What I'd like to see is not only lawsuits but forfiture of pensions as well. After a few dozen "police thugs" are bankrupted, they just might get the message. I don't actually look at the dummies that are doing this as actual police officers, merely thugs that "slipped through the cracks" and shaming the profession and reputations of actual police heros. Dispicable !!
    Everyone talks "civil" action; which costs $$$$$ and many may not be able to afford it. Is everyone aware of 18 USC 242 the CRIMINAL code for Deprivation of Rights, it costs nothing to try. You can go to the US Attorney's and file a complaint, it may not get action from the office but if people keep filing it might get attention and once the JBTs get wind they could face up to 10 years in federal prison they just might think twice, whereas the civil route they walk off laughing and the tax payers foot the bill.

    http://www.justice.gov/crt/about/crm/242fin.php

  18. #18
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Everyone talks "civil" action; which costs $$$$$ and many may not be able to afford it. Is everyone aware of 18 USC 242 the CRIMINAL code for Deprivation of Rights, it costs nothing to try. You can go to the US Attorney's and file a complaint, it may not get action from the office but if people keep filing it might get attention and once the JBTs get wind they could face up to 10 years in federal prison they just might think twice, whereas the civil route they walk off laughing and the tax payers foot the bill.

    http://www.justice.gov/crt/about/crm/242fin.php
    Are their any examples of this method being used successfully?
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

  19. #19
    Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Owingsville,KY
    Posts
    1,039
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Are their any examples of this method being used successfully?
    Doubt it. I have tried to find a succesfull 42 USC 1983 suit involving OC and I can't find a thing. And 1983 is a civil action. So I doubt a criminal complaint would go very far.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

    self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

  20. #20
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lenexa, Kansas
    Posts
    423
    Personally after watching this video, one of those officers needs some lessons on how to NOT act like a total tough retard in public. On other side, there wasn't enough video to determine a full legal explanation on what fully went on.
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by DWCook View Post
    Personally after watching this video, one of those officers needs some lessons on how to NOT act like a total tough retard in public. On other side, there wasn't enough video to determine a full legal explanation on what fully went on.
    I think there is enough .. the guy should shut his mouth ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •