• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tom Land, pogram director,620 wtmj radio

wild boar

Letter toTom Land, pogram director,620 wtmj radio

Sir, I believe in, and have sworn to uphold the constitution. One amendment to it is of concern; it's the second one, that's the one that allows the "kook fringe" to protect themselves. I am appalled at the hosts of your station. How can they consider people who stand for constitutional rights as a "kook fringe. I am a Vietnam Era Veteran, trained in the military by battle tested instructors. The troops trained by these instructors are considered world wide to be the very best. Throughout history we have been placed on foreign soil to protect, and die for an ideal, "the American way". Charlie Sykes and Jeff Wagner were protected by us, and the first amendment of the constitution that so many have died for. Today, we will, with all that is within us, protect that way of life we all hold so dear. You're welcome Charlie and Jeff. Dennis Hamm, Union Grove WI. (how's this OCDO'ers)

Last edited:

Badger Johnson

It's quite unclear. I'd begin with a statement:

"Dear Sir(s),

On your program (date) your host (name) stated that people who carried HGs were a kook fringe.

---
Then insert your comment as to why you think this is a travesty of a mockery of two travesties.
---

End with 'you're welcome' (note spelling of you're). Should be good to go.

Giving dates and facts helps to establish your case.

HTH

blaze

Sir, I believe in, and have sworn to uphold the constitution. One amendment to it is of concern; it's the second one, that's the one that allows the "kook fringe" to protect themselves. I am appalled at the hosts of your station. How can they consider people who stand for constitutional rights as a "kook fringe. I am a Vietnam Era Veteran, trained in the military by battle tested instructors. The troops trained by these instructors are considered world wide to be the very best. Throughout history we have been placed on foreign soil to protect, and die for an ideal, "the American way". Charlie Sykes and Jeff Wagner were protected by us, and the first amendment of the constitution that so many have died for. Today, we will, with all that is within us, protect that way of life we all hold so dear. You're welcome Charlie and Jeff. Dennis Hamm, Union Grove WI. (how's this OCDO'ers)

Sykes and Wagner are just radio jokes who happen to have programs on an AM station out of milwaukee. They are nothing, irrevelant outside of the Milwaukee area. However, if you email them, particularly Sykes will eat you alive. Listen to them everyday and you will soon figure out the OP.

They have absolutely no impact on any legislation passed in Madison. They are RINOs with a voice on a radio station that they think is statewide. Not even close.

Last edited:

ccwinstructor

Centurion
I wonder what can be done. Email to them seems counterproductive.

Sykes and Wagner are just radio jokes who happen to have programs on an AM station out of milwaukee. They are nothing, irrevelant outside of the Milwaukee area. However, if you email them, particularly Sykes will eat you alive. Listen to them everyday and you will soon figure out the OP.

They have absolutely no impact on any legislation passed in Madison. They are RHINOS with a voice on a radio station that they think is statewide. Not even close.

I suspect that something can be done. These folks thrive on attention. May ignoring them is the best option?

hardballer

First, thank you for your service and vigilance, wild boar. I am grateful. My grandfather was a Chief Petty Officer in the Pacific during WWII, My uncle was a sniper in Bastogne, nuff said there. My dad was a machine gunner on a Jeep in Korea.

They all were fortunate enough to come back vertical. As you say, they fought to defend us all and future generations from Tyranny. We can do no less. These two radio jocks are no better than the sticky, nasty goo one scraps off the bottom of his shoe from time to time.

It's best to say your piece if ya ask me. Whether it has any affect at all or not. At least ya did something so I wholeheartedly thank you for stepping up and saying your piece. We have let far to much slide and what we have today is a result of keeping quiet for far to long.

We must switch from the silent majority to the loud and vocal majority. I don't believe we should allow any slam or slap in the face go unanswered as long as we answer in a logical, respectful way and maybe with a little volume...

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Exactly Hardballer!

First, thank you for your service and vigilance, wild boar. I am grateful. My grandfather was a Chief Petty Officer in the Pacific during WWII, My uncle was a sniper in Bastogne, nuff said there. My dad was a machine gunner on a Jeep in Korea.

They all were fortunate enough to come back vertical. As you say, they fought to defend us all and future generations from Tyranny. We can do no less. These two radio jocks are no better than the sticky, nasty goo one scraps off the bottom of his shoe from time to time.

It's best to say your piece if ya ask me. Whether it has any affect at all or not. At least ya did something so I wholeheartedly thank you for stepping up and saying your piece. We have let far to much slide and what we have today is a result of keeping quiet for far to long.

We must switch from the silent majority to the loud and vocal majority. I don't believe we should allow any slam or slap in the face go unanswered as long as we answer in a logical, respectful way and maybe with a little volume...

Same here: I come from a family that had many serve in the military, from the Civil War to today's current "events" including myself.

We must step up and stand up for our rights, our freedoms and always be vigilant and VOCAL. Being quiet says "nothing".

rcav8r

If the radio station and the "hosts" aren't going to pay attention, then it's time to let the advertisers know.

wild boar

Email from tom land of 620 wtmj

Out of Office AutoReply: KOOK FRINGE?
1 recipientsCC: recipientsYou More
FROM:Tom Land TO:Dennis Hamm. Message- Saturday, May 21, 2011 4:43 PM I am currently out of the office. If you need immediate assistance please contact Brenda Serio at:

bserio@journalbroadcastgroup.com

Thanks!

Tom

WRITE ON PEOPLE!

Last edited: