Thread: CHP epic fail

CHP epic fail

I saw this link on another forum. It's in spanish, but no translation is needed.

http://univisionsacramento.univision...estada-con-una

This prolly needs to be moved.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Doh!
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

The fact that the police missed the pistol in her waist band is not what surprises me. That she (a Mexican) actually had it in a holster..... wow!

In short, a woman was arrested, handcuffed and transported to booking with a pistol visable in her waistband. Booking officers are surprised. This is further supporting my belief that many officers are not always vigilant about observing their surroundings.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

No one noticed it, even the reporter said she didn't notice it and she was there. Which is funny because I always look at the waistline of any woman

Quote of the Month:

"If there was an error made...."

IF ???????
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    Quote of the Month:

"If there was an error made...."

IF ???????
    Police often have an extremely difficult time admitting they were wrong or made a mistake.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

My father, RIP, was retired CHP. He would have had someones head if that happened in his area.

That said, he made mistakes, and admitted to them. But he was from the OLD DAYS, badge # in the 4000's. I rode with him often enough as an adult to see how he treated folks. Even criminals and suspects were treated with respect as humans.

He was once called to backup 3 officers that were having problems with a drunk that was combative. Dad shows up, says "stay here and let me talk to him". Says to the guy "can I talk to you". He says "you can but not those A holes". Tells him "you know you're going to go to jail right". Guys says "yes". Dayd says "well why don't you let me take you in and no one will get hurt and there won't be extra charges on you". Guys say "no problem officer, thanks for being nice about it" and turns around so dad can cuff him. Then the others wanted to transport and dad said "nope, I gave hiim my word".

It was better if you were there but those three offiers were "young un's" and the "old guy" settled it like it could have been settled in the first place with a little less "I'm a cop do what I say" and a bit of intelligence.
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    My father, RIP, was retired CHP. He would have had someones head if that happened in his area.

That said, he made mistakes, and admitted to them. But he was from the OLD DAYS, badge # in the 4000's. I rode with him often enough as an adult to see how he treated folks. Even criminals and suspects were treated with respect as humans.

He was once called to backup 3 officers that were having problems with a drunk that was combative. Dad shows up, says "stay here and let me talk to him". Says to the guy "can I talk to you". He says "you can but not those A holes". Tells him "you know you're going to go to jail right". Guys says "yes". Dayd says "well why don't you let me take you in and no one will get hurt and there won't be extra charges on you". Guys say "no problem officer, thanks for being nice about it" and turns around so dad can cuff him. Then the others wanted to transport and dad said "nope, I gave hiim my word".

It was better if you were there but those three offiers were "young un's" and the "old guy" settled it like it could have been settled in the first place with a little less "I'm a cop do what I say" and a bit of intelligence.
    I think many LEO's today could learn some valuable lessons from your father.
    Thanks for posting.
    I hope some soon to be or rookie cop took something from your post.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

He spent a lot of his later years "educating" the rookies. Small country post (county population 15-40000 in his time). The "kids" would come out of hte big city and want to write every ticket they saw. Dad would teach them that you let the little things slide or you'll be busy popping someone for rolling a stop and miss the guy that totaly ignores them and will end up taking someone out.

Taught me that lesson one day sitting at a four way out in the sticks. Cars kept rolling through and I'd say "but dad, he didn't even intend to stop". He'd reply "he slowed down and looked".
    About half an hour into it this car just blows through at full bore and the game is on. Afterwards he says "see, we'd have never seen him if I'd been busy writing those little rollers".

The kid with the beater car that's got everything wrong with it......He'd ask "what can you afford to fix now" (and require the safety items)....... Then he'd tell them, "Take care of this ticket and get those other things fixed as soon as you can or I'll have to pull you over again"......he called the little fix it stuff like loud pipes, missing mirrors, stuff like that "Good PR now and probable cause if I think he's up to no good some other night".

Don't cha wish there were cops like that today?
    Last edited by We-the-People; 05-31-2011 at 04:06 AM. Reason: add ending thought
    Beretta92FSLady

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    The fact that the police missed the pistol in her waist band is not what surprises me. That she (a Mexican) actually had it in a holster..... wow!
    A couple of comments:

- her nationality has nothing to do with her carrying a handgun. Either it is legal or or is not. That being California my guess is that it was out-and-out illegal no matter where she or her forebears came from. BTW, in the video she speaks unaccented English, not Spanish. Why do you presume she is Mexican just because the report is on a Spanish-language TV station?

- this may in fact be one of the few times that we see a BG using a holster. But Wait! There's More! (see next item)
    (And does drunk in public (what she was arrested for) really qualify her as a BG?

- did anyone else bother to note her asking "Was it loaded?" That makes me think it was not hers, but that she was asked/told to carry it for someone else who was even more prohibitted than she was fron carrying a concealed weapon.

- here we call how she carried the "Virginia tuck" - the grips showing makes it OC even though the rest of the handgun is covered by clothing. Admittedly most folks I know here tuck their handgun into their clothing in a different area if they are going for the "Virginia tuck" look - usually somewhere between 2 and 5 o'clock on the right side or 7 and 11 o'clock on the left side.

stay safe.

She was open carrying.

Rural loaded open carry = legal

Was it loaded? Yes bad juju in cities, Unloaded - do not see a crime.

I do see complacent police. Sad day for CHP, looking more like the Barney Fife version of law enforcement.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    I dont see any female police officers there. Isnt the department policy that men cant frisk females ?
    Cops can reach into pockets and take items clearly showing in the waistband regardless of any difference between the gender of the cop and the other person. It's for "officer safety", don't you know?

Seriously, there is nothing that would have stopped any of the male cops from reaxhing over and taking that handgun out of her waistband. All I would have hoped for was that none of then would have screamed "GUN!!!!" and slammed her to the ground before taking physical control and possession of the handgun. Even though she was cuffed with her hands behind her she was limber enough to several times twist so tat her hands were in front of her.

You would need to know me, or my situation, to get the irony of this, but maybe one of the cops might have stepped back so as to be able to notice she had the handgun. (I think it's here http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...Sept-13th-2011 )

stay safe.

Founder's Club Member MudCamper's Avatar
    Thanks for the stories about your father, We-the-People. He sounds like a good cop. He definitely didn't have a chip on his shoulder, which is what seems to be wrong with most LEO today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbUxePfsoWE (warning NSFW joke)