• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Nevada

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
We now have at least 3 or 4 state assemblymen who are open carriers, too. Shelly Shelton is a member of Nevada Shooters, as well. Nevada is about to be taken back by Nevadans and Nevada values.

The Big Guy

Today saw a lone female OCing in the Pahrump WalMart. Started talking to her and found out she was a county commissioner. Says she open carries every where. It was a great conversation.

That's great news. Does she OC in Commission Chambers during meetings? That would be interesting to know. I'm assuming you mean she "is" a current member, and not "was" a past member.

Did you think to ask her why your Sheriff restricts entrance into the public area of the Sheriff's Department against state law?

You have a contact well placed now. Perhaps a letter thanking her for speaking with you at Wally World,. You might keep that contact alive and develop it to use for the benefit of all firearms owners in your County. Just a thought.

Your ability to approach people makes you a great ambassador for the cause. I always enjoy when you relay your conversations with random contacts.

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...ask her why your Sheriff restricts entrance into the public area of the Sheriff's Department against state law?

I had that thought, too. I'm going to be asking a few state assemblymen the same question as they represent many of us in Clark County.

28kfps

That's great news. Does she OC in Commission Chambers during meetings? That would be interesting to know. I'm assuming you mean she "is" a current member, and not "was" a past member.

Did you think to ask her why your Sheriff restricts entrance into the public area of the Sheriff's Department against state law?

You have a contact well placed now. Perhaps a letter thanking her for speaking with you at Wally World,. You might keep that contact alive and develop it to use for the benefit of all firearms owners in your County. Just a thought.

Your ability to approach people makes you a great ambassador for the cause. I always enjoy when you relay your conversations with random contacts.

TBG

I am willing to respectfully use my past history with her to pose a question on their no gun law. Will need some help with composing it.

Last edited:

28kfps

TBG

Yes she was reelected not even close.

ed2276

TBG

He might also want to ask her to take a look at the illegal 72-hour wait between purchase and delivery fraud the county and certain cities are running here. I had it in mind to buy a firearm from an on-line discount place and have it shipped to a local firearms dealer for pick-up. I noted in the instructions on the website that there was a 3 day waiting period to be able to pick up firearms after delivery. I wrote and email and asked if it was a law or just store policy. I got an email back notifying me that it was required by law in the incorporated city.

I would think that the legislators would want to know about this and put a stop to it.

The Big Guy

He might also want to ask her to take a look at the illegal 72-hour wait between purchase and delivery fraud the county and certain cities are running here. I had it in mind to buy a firearm from an on-line discount place and have it shipped to a local firearms dealer for pick-up. I noted in the instructions on the website that there was a 3 day waiting period to be able to pick up firearms after delivery. I wrote and email and asked if it was a law or just store policy. I got an email back notifying me that it was required by law in the incorporated city.

I would think that the legislators would want to know about this and put a stop to it.

She is a Commissioner of Nye County. The only waiting period is in Unincorporated Clark County, the City of Las Vegas, and I think NLV. There is no waiting period in Henderson. I buy online and have it delivered to a FFL here in Henderson and pick it up the same day it is delivered.

TBG

Raleigh

Is this 3 day waiting period for online purchases only? I have never purchased a firearm online but I was looking at one to possibly buy.

ed2276

She is a Commissioner of Nye County. The only waiting period is in Unincorporated Clark County, the City of Las Vegas, and I think NLV. There is no waiting period in Henderson. I buy online and have it delivered to a FFL here in Henderson and pick it up the same day it is delivered.

TBG

I see. It was an outfit in Las Vegas I was looking into for delivery. I will just go to Henderson and take care of business. thanks TBG

qednick

Finally in Vegas! OC'ing everywhere I can. Found a really good breakfast place called Blueberry Hill on Flamingo. No issues anywhere I've been yet. Loving it!

BTW, I had assumed there would be metal detectors at the marriage license place on Clark so didn't carry in there. Though it looks like I could've done. I made the assumption because it's part of the courthouse. Oh well.

Raleigh

The three day deal is only here in Clark and only if you have not previously registered a pistol here in clark.

Interesting, a couple of weeks back I bought 3 guns (2 handguns and a small rifle) within a 4 day period and registered one I had not previously registered.
I suppose since I have registered pistols in the past I didn't have to wait.

Last edited:

ed2276

The three day deal is only here in Clark and only if you have not previously registered a pistol here in clark.

I bought a gun a couple of years back and was given a blue card. I want to buy another gun, but I lost my blue card sometime ago. Do I have to have the actual blue card with me to get out of the 3 day wait, or is my last gun registration in the system for them to see when I make another purchase?

Vegassteve

Interesting, a couple of weeks back I bought 3 guns (2 handguns and a small rifle) within a 4 day period and registered one I had not previously registered.
I suppose since I have registered pistols in the past I didn't have to wait.

If you had registered one in the past yes no wait. Some places will ask for a blue card. Some dont. I keep one handy for a gun I havent owned in years,. Thats what I show anyone asking for one in a sale. Just shows how idiotic the whole system is.

Vegassteve

I bought a gun a couple of years back and was given a blue card. I want to buy another gun, but I lost my blue card sometime ago. Do I have to have the actual blue card with me to get out of the 3 day wait, or is my last gun registration in the system for them to see when I make another purchase?

The real answer is no one knows. As I stated to another poster some places ask to see and some dont. I havent lost any blue cards, but I have shredded them and sent them back to metro. I purchased a pistol from a dealer last week and told them not to even bother making me a blue card. And they didnt. For the most part it is useless. And the fact that at one time you registered does not mean it was put in the system, or put in correctly. We have had folks on here that have found that out. If you went to metro and asked for a replacement I am fairly certain metro would want to see the gun and have you redo all the paperwork. They are not the brightest bulbs.

28kfps

This weekend OCing in Kohls, Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store 651 Marks St Henderson, Kohl's Las Vegas South 4250 Blue Diamond Rd Las Vegas, Panera Bread 2235 Village Walk Drive Henderson and Fry's electronics no issues.
Did have one guy come up to me in Jo-Anns and asked if Nevada was a open carry state. He and his wife were from Arizona. We had a short chat told him about OCDO.

Tonight while filling up my RV with gas for this coming Thanksgiving trip with a $0.20 Smiths rewards card discount $2.45 a gallon. A female came up to me with a smile on her face and large hand gun on her hip and said it was nice to see another person exercising their 2nd Amendment rights. She said she comes to Pahrump often to do volunteer work and lives in North Las Vegas. Great few days of OCing.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Yargh, not even a real cop.

I think it's funny that cops only open carry when on duty.

In Metro's case it appears it would be against Department policy to OC. The word should leaves exceptions, but the practice would be heavily discouraged. It makes one wonder if this is why the cops came out so against OC back when the latest movement started say 2005-2006

LVMPD Dept. Policy:
47/103.12 DISPLAY OF WEAPON A.S. 26.1.1[/I][/B

All Personnel will refrain from drawing their service sidearm at any place, unless it is necessary. No unnecessary handling will be tolerated.

When not assigned to a law enforcement situation (i.e., 482, 483, or 484,). non-uniformed commissioned personnel should not display their weapons (firearms, OC spray, straight batons,etc.) while in public view. (7/73. 8/99)

Last edited: