• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Nevada

garand_guy

How does that even work? I mean, are 1000 retarded monkeys with keyboards and modicum of banging this stuff out? I guess we got a long way to go before they start typing Shakespeare.

EDIT: this was about deleted spam.

Last edited:

Raleigh

Day 523 with no CCW: OCed on the way home from work to get gas and to the grocery store to pick up a few items, nothing out of the ordinary to report. CCW class scheduled for next week. Amazingly my gun did jump out of the holster today, I keep waiting for this to happen after all of the news reports stating it happens everyday. The wait continues...

28kfps

Day 523 with no CCW: OCed on the way home from work to get gas and to the grocery store to pick up a few items, nothing out of the ordinary to report. CCW class scheduled for next week. Amazingly my gun did jump out of the holster today, I keep waiting for this to happen after all of the news reports stating it happens everyday. The wait continues...

Yep all carriers I know of or read about do not carry one of those nasty guns the media and anti gun groups are always talking about. The type of gun that, without any influence of a human dose as you say jumps out of its hiding place and starts shooting people.
I once was at a gun store that sold those nasty guns it was so noisy because of all the guns jumping around in the display case could not talk to the clerk. The owner had to lock up the ammo due to the guns trying to load themselves.

FreeInAZ

NV OC - how did it go?

Snip-
I can't believe, in this day and age, that someone would even suggest that a Glocker could walk side-by-side with a Carrier of the Chosen Pistol.:rolleyes::lol:

HEY! No fair! There's a reason I carried Glocks (and still do) for over 20 years. They work! This said, options are nice and I find myself leaning away from them the last year or so. They are the Lego pistols of the gun world, but there are many others out now that have better triggers, ergo's, SA/DA, hammer fired options etc..

So pick the gun you like & shoot well with. Everything after those important requirements becomes secondary. Or put another way, a pistol left in the safe instead of carried is useless in a emergency away from home. ;)

PS - Rusty if you recall, you have walked with a Glocker or two. Just saying.. :p

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

Yep all carriers I know of or read about do not carry one of those nasty guns the media and anti gun groups are always talking about. The type of gun that, without any influence of a human dose as you say jumps out of its hiding place and starts shooting people.
I once was at a gun store that sold those nasty guns it was so noisy because of all the guns jumping around in the display case could not talk to the clerk. The owner had to lock up the ammo due to the guns trying to load themselves.

I will give anyone who can make a "claymation" or similar-style production of the above a four-figure monetary compensation (*thinks: "significant figures, that is"*; cue evil laugh:lol:)

HEY! No fair! There's a reason I carried Glocks (and still do) for over 20 years. They work!
SNIP...
PS - Rusty if you recall, you have walked with a Glocker or two. Just saying.. :p

That was supposed to be a secret. Now I gotta rebuild my rep with the 1911 fanbois.:p Bad enough that I had to defend the use of the Hogue (rubber) grips on my 1911.:lol:

I may buy one of those plastic guns some day; got to shoot a G17 that was (allegedly) almost ten years old (and looked the part), but still functioned reliably enough. Oddly enough, the magazine fell out every third round or so. Kind of made me question the 'maintenance and care" part the G17 had received.:confused:

@Ron_O: any luck narrowing down the choices?:) BTW, I forgot to mention that you should probably receive some compensation for advertising (the photo of you at the register seems a little... like... I need to buy some of that chicken! *looks up El Pollo Loco locations*:lol:)

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

A friends son brought his Glock 17 over saying the mag was falling out when shooting.

I field stripped it after looking at the mag latched I noticed a round indentation on the out side of the mag latch about the size of a1/8th inch punch.

After the latch was remove I found that the latch spring was driven into the latch a good 16th of an inch.

Seems some genius tried to remove the latch by driving it out side ways with a punch.

I asked my friends son about it he said no but had a sheepish look on his face.

Replaced the latch and spring all is well.

Last edited:

Jeannette

Went to the LV Premium outlet mall off of Charleston with my family. Man from a kiosk approaches and says "You are going to the mall...Why would you need a gun? Nothing bad can happen here." My response was "Nothing bad is suppose to happen at schools too and yet things HAVE HAPPENED." He pauses and says "Good point! You're being prepared. I get it.":idea:

FallonJeeper

^^^And... movie theaters and shopping center parking lots, Lubys Cafeteria, IHOP, McDonalds. Post Office, immigrant community center, General Motors Acceptance Corp, nursing home, a law office.^^^

These are all actual places where mass shootings took place. Why not a shopping mall?

Here's an example:

8 killed - December 5, 2007 - In Omaha, Nebraska, 19-year-old Robert Hawkins goes to an area mall and kills eight shoppers before killing himself.

mp06011999

^^^And... movie theaters and shopping center parking lots, Lubys Cafeteria, IHOP, McDonalds. Post Office, immigrant community center, General Motors Acceptance Corp, nursing home, a law office.^^^

These are all actual places where mass shootings took place. Why not a shopping mall?

Here's an example:

8 killed - December 5, 2007 - In Omaha, Nebraska, 19-year-old Robert Hawkins goes to an area mall and kills eight shoppers before killing himself.

I posted it several months ago.... A good friend's wife from SoCal says to me that there is no need to carry a gun if you just avoid places that bad things happen and I said you mean like schools, movie theaters, post offices, your work, etc..... Nuff said right.....

Bulleteater

Just got back from early voting at the Galleria Mall where I OC'd my Glock and a Ka-bar TDI. Also got a fallafel gyro from the food court. No issues whatsoever.

Raleigh

Here's an example:

One I remember vividly:

The Trolley Square shooting was a mass shooting that occurred on the evening of February 12, 2007, at Trolley Square Mall in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States. A lone gunman, identified as Sulejman Talović, killed five bystanders and wounded four others before being shot dead by police. The FBI was not able to determine a motive, declaring it was not an act of terrorism.

I was asked 3 times today if my Ruger SR1911 was a Kimber. I put a Bobtail MSH on it yesterday, I guess everyone affiliates those with Kimbers.
There was one guy that was curious about my OC experiences, he carries concealed regularly and doesn't want to be harassed by police or sheeple. Told him I have been OC for several years and have only had an incident 1 time.

Last edited:

28kfps

Just got back from early voting at the Galleria Mall where I OC'd my Glock and a Ka-bar TDI. Also got a fallafel gyro from the food court. No issues whatsoever.

I say you were lucky. That is, not being asked to leave. Originally Galleria had no problem with me OCing. Then one day saw a posting from one of the posters he was asked to leave with his gun. A few months latter I was OCing in the Galleria Mall and for the first time asked to leave with my gun. I would like to think they changed their policy however I doubt it. About two weeks after I was asked to leave they had a shooting in the Galleria parking lot apparently the two that were arrested for the shooting did not get the word they had a no gun policy.

28kfps

Did OC at Tasty China 4444 W. Craig Rd. Suite 126 North Las Vegas along with about 12 others, Mom, Dads, families with their kids and in North Las Vegas. One of the workers was also OCing. Other costumers did not complain or seamed to be bothered by it.

Bulleteater

I say you were lucky. That is, not being asked to leave. Originally Galleria had no problem with me OCing. Then one day saw a posting from one of the posters he was asked to leave with his gun. A few months latter I was OCing in the Galleria Mall and for the first time asked to leave with my gun. I would like to think they changed their policy however I doubt it. About two weeks after I was asked to leave they had a shooting in the Galleria parking lot apparently the two that were arrested for the shooting did not get the word they had a no gun policy.

OC'ing through the mall to get a corn dog at Orange Julius is one thing; OC'ing through the mall to cast your vote at a POLLING PLACE is quite another.

I say THEY were lucky...meaning it's a good thing they didn't try to deny my right to vote, especially when I had my voice recorder ready to capture everything they say.

I'm gonna paraphrase MAC702 - basically this: if you decide to turn your mall into a polling place, you pretty much are mandated to let everyone in. Maybe that is not a statute in the NRS, dunno, but in my opinion, it should be.

There is something known as Voter Suppression, it's a serious charge. I can argue that this was the most convenient time and location for me to vote, and here they are - the Galleria Mall - denying me access to a polling place. How would that play in court?

mp06011999

OC'ing through the mall to get a corn dog at Orange Julius is one thing; OC'ing through the mall to cast your vote at a POLLING PLACE is quite another.

I say THEY were lucky...meaning it's a good thing they didn't try to deny my right to vote, especially when I had my voice recorder ready to capture everything they say.

I'm gonna paraphrase MAC702 - basically this: if you decide to turn your mall into a polling place, you pretty much are mandated to let everyone in. Maybe that is not a statute in the NRS, dunno, but in my opinion, it should be.

There is something known as Voter Suppression, it's a serious charge. I can argue that this was the most convenient time and location for me to vote, and here they are - the Galleria Mall - denying me access to a polling place. How would that play in court?

I agree with Mac on that one, but also wonder how that would play out seeing as how many polling places are in schools. Hmmm....

I OC'd (per usual) at a friend's house the other day. Don, one of his other friends, was there - a guy in his 60s. I heard Don ask my wife if that was a gun on my side and then he went on to ask her "...why...legal...need a license..." and so on. I loved my wife's reply. She said, "Most importantly is my husband wants it to be VERY clear that he supports DEADLY FORCE." Don said, "I agree. I like it. Can't be any clearer than that. It's right there. Can't say he's not being clear about it."

Of course I am not looking for trouble, but I do love how open carry says "I have considered the topic of self-defense seriously and I have concluded that I will kill to defend myself. My decision to openly display the intended tool for such should serve as fair warning." Love it!

I have been oc'ing alot around friend's houses and their other friends and NOT a single issue.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--

I was asked 3 times today if my Ruger SR1911 was a Kimber. I put a Bobtail MSH on it yesterday, I guess everyone affiliates those with Kimbers.
There was one guy that was curious about my OC experiences, he carries concealed regularly and doesn't want to be harassed by police or sheeple. Told him I have been OC for several years and have only had an incident 1 time.
Dan Wesson makes some delightful bobtails. I am particularly enamoured with the V-Bob:
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_82/products_id/62349