• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Nevada

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Met my first anti-gun today. Took my mom to her eye doctor appointment. I got up and left the building and when I returned a woman leaned across her husband and this is how the conversation started:
Woman: Excuse me, are you a cop?
Me: No.
Woman: I don't think you should be carrying a gun.
Me: You see this woman to my left. She gave birth to me. I will do everything I can to protect her and myself. That is my right.
(clapping in the waiting room)
Woman: Well your gun is intimidating me.
Me: I would rather have a gun on my hip than a gun in my face with someone demanding my purse, body, and/or my life.
(clapping in waiting room)
Me: I respect you for exercising your 1st Amendment right so please respect me for exercising my 2nd Amendment right.
(clapping in waiting room)
Woman changes seat!

Why do people try to start an argument with the armed person that they feel is intimidating?
Scratch that, I see now she said she was intimidated by the inanimate object, not by you. Never mind.

How far away did she move to feel safe from a firearm in the room?

Jeannette

Why do people try to start an argument with the armed person that they feel is intimidating?
Scratch that, I see now she said she was intimidated by the inanimate object, not by you. Never mind.

I'd say about 10 -15 feet away.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by MAC702 --snipped--
I'd say about 10 -15 feet away.
Apparently she thinks that is a safe distance :lol:

swinokur

Activist Member
Yeah I can see why quietly minding one's own business could be intimidating. But spouting off when not asked wouldn't be.

nit wittery as the G Man used to say.

garand_guy

I can't understand why women think its ok to be a victim. Thanks for the ribbon!!!

No problem! I think you and craftymommy are probably our most visible and effective advocates, simply because people have this notion that it's not lady like. I think when men carry, it's seen as expected, while when women do it, other women seem to judge. Just an interesting observation. Hopefully this too will change one day soon.

28kfps

No problem! I think you and craftymommy are probably our most visible and effective advocates, simply because people have this notion that it's not lady like. I think when men carry, it's seen as expected, while when women do it, other women seem to judge. Just an interesting observation. Hopefully this too will change one day soon.

There is several on top of their game open carry females in Las Vegas posting here and on the southern Nevada open carry face book page. They are constantly being questioned about open carrying. Most of the time it is positive. It would appear a mommy with her very young kids open carrying also attracts conversations. All of our open carry females posting here and on the Face Book page have been great stewards of open carry. It would be great to see more.

z28power

Was just informed by a regional manager at red robin that firearms are not allowed in their restaurant while eating dinner with my family. More details top follow when I get home. Getting a copy of an official internal memo stressing the policy as well as business cards from some big wigs currently visiting the red robin on eastern and Silverado ranch...

garand_guy

Was just informed by a regional manager at red robin that firearms are not allowed in their restaurant while eating dinner with my family. More details top follow when I get home. Getting a copy of an official internal memo stressing the policy as well as business cards from some big wigs currently visiting the red robin on eastern and Silverado ranch...

I'll be making some popcorn and waiting for the details. But I guess August's meetup at Red Robin is cancelled. :cry: LOL

z28power

I'll be making some popcorn and waiting for the details. But I guess August's meetup at Red Robin is cancelled. :cry: LOL
It will be a good read. I will be putting up a separate thread about it after I can sit down in front of a real keyboard and type. There will be pictures.

Also this regional manager was visiting from his home state of California... This is still his region though apparently.. go figure

Last edited:

SharpShootur

Independence Day Meet-up!

Alright everybody! We're counting down the minutes! Please join us at The "Molon Labe" Independence Day Meet-up! Spread the word and join us!

The info is as follows:
Date: July 26, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m.
7070 N. Durango Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89149
(702) 396-0070

28kfps

Alright everybody! We're counting down the minutes! Please join us at The "Molon Labe" Independence Day Meet-up! Spread the word and join us!

The info is as follows:
Date: July 26, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m.
7070 N. Durango Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89149
(702) 396-0070

And another great meet up. The food was very good. I am not into Greek food and needed some help with the menu however it was very good, very nice prompt service and no issues with the firearms. Felt very welcomed. Prices were also good.
I believe Sharp Shooter will be posting a better report later as he had to get up early for work today. Guessing we had around 12 ocers at the café, and I believe it was 7 that did the walk.
There was some kind of Latin day festival on Freemont Street, which is where we decided to do the walk.
No issues at all even though very crowed in some places. One guy from LA just moving here asks for a group picture however did not get a tip. Did not think of it at the time should have gave him a camera for a picture to post.
At one point as we were walking back the crowd was so thick after a few moments of not moving we decided to back out of the crowd and go another direction we came across a dark alleyway that would take us in the needed direction. The rule of thumb even in Las Vegas is not a good idea going down dark alleys. We stopped looked at each other said 7 grown men all armed good to go, down the dark alley we went.
We got a lot of looks, the local security watching us when we walked by. I was amassed I did not see one Metro with the large crowed, not one. May be they all thought we went to the strip.
These walks are always a good way for the ones not use to being in public ocing to become at ease ocing.
All in all great day of group ocing.
Thought for sure Grand Guy with his cowboy wheel gun rig and a full belt of ammo showing, cowboy hat would have got some tips for sure.
We did go to Denny’s in the Nenopalise however it is spelled for a milkshake, they also were very nice and had not problem with us Ocing.

garand_guy

Open Carry Cowboy had a great time! I might just become a fixture down there. Anyone who wants to do a Strip or Downtown walk with me is always welcome to join me.

Here is the picture of us in the dark alley. Sorry I wasn't able to get everybody in the frame, but I think it makes the point.

dark alleys.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Open Carry Cowboy had a great time! I might just become a fixture down there. Anyone who wants to do a Strip or Downtown walk with me is always welcome to join me.

Here is the picture of us in the dark alley. Sorry I wasn't able to get everybody in the frame, but I think it makes the point.

View attachment 11831

Looks a lot like the movie version of the walk to OK Corral. :lol:

garand_guy

OK Corral? Is that some sort of Oklahoma breakfast buffet? Lol

Feel free to re-use the picture everybody.