• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Nevada

Firearms Iinstuctor

When I was in Yuma AZ this winter I rode bike down to the park and sell just to browse. As I was riding pass some UTVs parked there I a party ask hey is that legal.

I had a nice conversation about how AZ is a constitutional carry state.

Winning hearts and minds one Californian at a time. :)

Last edited:

ed2276

OC'd at R.C. Willey on the west side, 215 and W. Sahara, with the wife, looking for a sofa bed. No response from customers. Had a real nice salesman, Mr. Gordon (for you Sci. Fi. fans, says people call him "Flash"). He just moved here 4 weeks ago from the San Fran. Bay Area...my old stomping grounds. No reaction from him at all when he saw I was oc'ing. He just led us around showing us the furniture we were interested in. We talked about everything, except my oc'ing. Tried out the usual thin mattresses and could feel the metal underneath. Then he showed us a real nice sofa bed with a queen size air mattress, inflated and deflated by built in compressor. It was the most comfortable sofa bed mattress I have ever laid on! I was sold, but overruled by the wife (shaking my head). She wanted to look at other furniture stores. I was bummed! When I go looking for something and find that thing and it's better than I expected, I grab it and go. Not the wife...she is a "super-shopper" and wants to check out all the stores before buying. [sigh]

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--
When I go looking for something and find that thing and it's better than I expected, I grab it and go. Not the wife...she is a "super-shopper" and wants to check out all the stores before buying. [sigh]
Don't be too critical - her methodology did cause her to choose you :lol:

Craftymommy

Just had to laugh at Grapeshot's response. I am the same way, i usually check out a few places before making a big purchase. And I chose my husband he had no choice;) Us women know how to find what we want! :)

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk

ed2276

Just had to laugh at Grapeshot's response. I am the same way, i usually check out a few places before making a big purchase. And I chose my husband he had no choice;) Us women know how to find what we want! :)

I have found, by personal experience, that you are so right. It's like more Newtonian Laws...The First Law of Shopping and The Second Law of Husband Picking

P.S. I'm going to bed now. I gave her such a hard time about all the shopping that I'll be sleeping on the couch again; which is why I wanted to get the one with the air mattress...lol

Last edited:

Craftymommy

I have found, by personal experience, that you are so right. It's like more Newtonian Laws...The First Law of Shopping and The Second Law of Husband Picking

P.S. I'm going to bed now. I gave her such a hard time about all the shopping that I'll be sleeping on the couch again; which is why I wanted to get the one with the air mattress...lol

There is a pretty awesome couch I have seen on Facebook. it folds out into bunk beds. Not sure if it is real or not but that would be awesome:) And just go buy her some chocolate, works for me when he makes me mad!

Jeannette

OC'd at Desert Family Medicine Group

OC'd at my Dad's doctor's office in Henderson. No issues there. Got looks from the patients in the waiting room but the staff was really cool about it. They cared more about my dad's health than my OCing.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hey! Are you implying that she checked out all the guys and chose the cheapest man on Earth? lol
Nay, nay. The best choice is seldom found in the reduced for quick sale section.

Finding the ideal isn't so much selecting the cheapest, but finding the most suitable with the qualities desired.

SharpShootur

Hi everyone. I opened carried last Saturday into an El Pollo Loco located on the corner of S. Eastern and Horizon. As I pulled into the parking space, a Henderson Police Officer was entering the facility. I paid him no further attention. He exited the facility just before I walked in.

When I walked in, the employees assumed that I too was a police officer and told me that my partner had just walked out and had already taken a statement. Apparently, an incident had just occurred a few minutes before my arrival.

I smiled and said thank you for the info but I am not a police officer. LOL! The lovely lady at the register all of a sudden stopped smiling and before I could respond, she removed the police discount from my order. That was a bummer! ROTFL! Oh well.

In the meantime, I had a gentleman from Arizona question me if my open carrying was legal (Yes! Another teaching moment!). I informed him that it was legal and like Arizona no permit was required.

During the conversation, most patrons were somber about my carrying. I had a few distasteful looks, including a few from some employees (comes with the territory I guess) but overall a very pleasant experience.

As I walked out, one employee shouted out a thank you too me for my open carry and deterrence of crime. That really made my day!

SharpShootur

Open carried at In-n-Out burger located on S. Eastern and Serene yesterday. As I stood in line, a number of people were conjugated at the register. While waiting to place my order, a member of the group looked back and noticed me standing there. Obviously, she didn't care that herself and her entourage were holding up the line. She rolled her eyes and turned her head back to the conversation she and her friends were having. Another person in the group went to answer her phone that was ringing from her purse which happened to be at the precise angle for her to see my firearm. She looked up in alarm. I just smiled and said hello. She then persuaded the group to move. The first young lady seemed to be in disbelief until she saw for herself. Boy, you talk about a fast moving line from that point on!

The staff at the establishment was totally cool with it! Other than this group of yuppies, everyone else seemed completely at ease. Not a single evil stare. In fact, I got a number of smiles after the yuppies moved. LOL!

SharpShootur

OC'd at my Dad's doctor's office in Henderson. No issues there. Got looks from the patients in the waiting room but the staff was really cool about it. They cared more about my dad's health than my OCing.

Welcome to the forum Jeannette! I'm glad to hear that there were no issues about your OCing at your father's doctor's office. I sincerely hope that your father is doing well.

Craftymommy

More info to come later from my husband ( he isn't home now and the convo was in Spanish) but we were asked to leave our firearms in the car at a store today so we talked to a manager and left a cart full of close to $100 in groceries there since we were getting ready to finish up and check out. A lot more to come with that when he gets home since my Spanish caught bits and pieces (he told me though) and frankly he just likes to share, tried to tell me the event close to 5 times in the rest of our remands tonight:rolleyes:

Next store we went to was walmart no issues like always. Though checking out, the woman behind us did not put anything on the conveyor until our items were getting scanned and she kept a food distance between me and her cart and stayed on the other side of her cart. I wonder what her deal was?

Finally ended at another grocery store, Cardenas, and no issues like always. At the meat counter my husband was asked if I was a police officer though( again in Spanish since I hardly talk to employees while there) He said no,turned to his strong side(I was standing strong side to the counter, he wasn't) and then started talking to the employee how it is legal for anyone to carry and that no permit is needed. Educated another person today!

Sorry for all the parenthesis, I like to add additional details. Very weird and interesting day though and I am glad to be home.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...the woman behind us did not put anything on the conveyor until our items were getting scanned and she kept a food distance between me and her cart and stayed on the other side of her cart. I wonder what her deal was?...

I was fueling my truck one day, which takes a while, and the woman in the Cadillac Escalade that pulled up behind me to the other pump dropped her jaw and would not get out of the vehicle until I had gotten into mine. I don't think she realized how long she'd have to wait, and why would you stick around if you really thought there was a problem...

Ninja Shooter

Copied from my post on facebook.

So today was an interesting day. We had our first negative encounter at La Bonita on flamingo and rainbow. When we enter the store there was no sign on the doors (regardless if there was we would have gone in) we passed a few employees and none mention anything. I was picking up meat and it was our last item, as the man reached out to handed to me he saw that I was OCring. He told me that guns were not allowed at the store that I needed to leave it in the car. My response to him was "no problem I will just leave the store and not purchase anything". His face just dropped as I had about $100 worth groceries in the cart. He proceeded to tell me right away *ok no problem just finish your shopping, we used to have a big sign up front that said to guns allowed but something happen so it was taken down*. At that moment we walked up to the front and asked for a manager. The manager came up and I asked her if they had any policies againt firearms. She told me the same thing yes but we took down the sign for some reason but you cant be in here with that gun. I told her that it was fine that I respected their views but I was not about to purchace my groceries from an anti gun market. The look on her face was priceless when she saw the cart full of product that we were leaving behind. She told me to hold on that she was going to get her regional manager. At that moment I told her to not worry we respected their views to not let people protect themselves in their store and we walked out leaving the cart full of groceries.
After that insident we headed to walmart. Of course no issues there.
Then we proceeded to Cardenas were we know its gun friendly. As I was asking for meat the guy saw my wife OCring and asked me in spanish if she was a cop I told him no, at that moment he saw me OCring too and asked me why we were carrying I told him in spanish " do you see that poster at walmart with all the kidnaped and missing children?" He said yea, then I told him pointing at my two kids "yea I dont want them on that poster". He laughed and asked me if it was even legal and if I needed a permit. I explained to him that it was legal and that the permit was only for CCW. I think he learned something today.
As we were leaving cardenas Michelle saw an suv leaving with the gas cap on the rear bumper and the lid open. When we pulled up to the red light I got out grabbed it showed them the cap and put it back on. They guy gave me a thumbs up. My good doing for the day.
Sorry for all the grammar and misspelled words. Its a pain in the ass to type all this on my phone.

ed2276

OC'd yesterday:

1. DMV, N. Decatur and Elk Horn...no issues

2. Ashley Furniture, N.Decatur and 215...at the end of my wife's shopping adventure a manager came up to us, and said to me

Mgr: Apparently, none of my staff noticed the gun on your hip. Are you a police officer?

Me: I was in California, but I'm not here. I just open carry here.

Mgr: OK. No problem.

My wife and I finished looking at furniture a few minutes later and left.

3. Seafood City, Maryland and Katie...no issues.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...My response to him was "no problem I will just leave the store and not purchase anything". His face just dropped as I had about $100 worth groceries in the cart. He proceeded to tell me right away *ok no problem just finish your shopping, we used to have a big sign up front that said to guns allowed but something happen so it was taken down*. At that moment we walked up to the front and asked for a manager. The manager came up and I asked her if they had any policies against firearms. She told me the same thing yes but we took down the sign for some reason but you cant be in here with that gun. I told her that it was fine that I respected their views but I was not about to purchace my groceries from an anti gun market. The look on her face was priceless when she saw the cart full of product that we were leaving behind. She told me to hold on that she was going to get her regional manager. At that moment I told her to not worry we respected their views to not let people protect themselves in their store and we walked out leaving the cart full of groceries...

Outstanding. What cost you at least an hour and a wasted trip is what will make a huge difference in the "power" these people stupidly wield. I cringe when people confess that they disarmed and finished their shopping. I totally understand that they had to do it for whatever reason, BUT it also reinforces the stupid policy and greatly empowers the ignorant hoplophobes.

So while I don't give the disarmers a hard time, I greatly thank you, thank you, thank you, for politely leaving behind a full cart (that they then had to pay someone to put its items back), and please know that your time was not wasted in the big picture.

The butcher, the manager, the person who had to restock the items on the shelves, and possibly still the regional manager, got to think a lot about it, instead of reflecting on the fact that they were powerful enough to disarm someone and keep their money at the same time.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
2. Ashley Furniture, N.Decatur and 215...at the end of my wife's shopping adventure a manager came up to us, and said to me

Mgr: Apparently, none of my staff noticed the gun on your hip. Are you a police officer?

Me: I was in California, but I'm not here. I just open carry here.

Mgr: OK. No problem...

Hmm, apparently, the staff was supposed to notice, and then what? Do something about it?

I'm guessing it wouldn't have been "OK" if you hadn't said you were ex-LEO.

It sounds like we need to keep an eye on Ashley's.

Last edited:

mp06011999

Forgot to add on a previous post about oc at Walmart and the elderly lady customer that I was informing that there was NO permit needed to carry if it is carried openly...

I also told her that while I do have a CCW and CAN carry concealed, I prefer open carry because it lets people know "don't mess with me" where as concealed carry offers no such deterrent. She smiled and said, "Yea that makes senses".