• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Nevada

vegaspassat

On Friday I had an OC'er come in to my work to drop off his truck. I only talked to him briefly, but told him to check out OCDO. Hopefully we see him around.

Vegassteve

Last few times at Centennial Walmart in NWLV and I've seen a few folks oc. Awesome! Seems to be picking up.

That is our wally world. May have seen me. I had a good encounter there last week. Ran into to get a kiddie pool for the dog. So I was just checking out in the garden section. Another customer said oh NV is a OC state? I replied yes. Then he said I didnt know you could carry in a wal mart. The clerk then added that he sees a lot of folks carry. And he knows some employees conceal carry on the job as well. I said yes that wally follows state laws. The cashier, a young black man, added that he feels safer around the place.

mp06011999

That is our wally world. May have seen me. I had a good encounter there last week. Ran into to get a kiddie pool for the dog. So I was just checking out in the garden section. Another customer said oh NV is a OC state? I replied yes. Then he said I didnt know you could carry in a wal mart. The clerk then added that he sees a lot of folks carry. And he knows some employees conceal carry on the job as well. I said yes that wally follows state laws. The cashier, a young black man, added that he feels safer around the place.

It has become so commonplace for me to see an oc there anymore that I tend to just go about my business. I know that I don't like to be bothered by complete strangers and so I try not to do that to them. But I do love when I walk up to the gun area and there are guys standing there looking ACROSS the counter at ammo and rifles behind the counter. They don't realize that customers can walk behind the counter. When I walk around them and behind the counter and then I squat down to look at the bottom shelves of ammo and my sidearm becomes VERY apparent its often like a pin drops. Someone stops talking dead in their tracks and no doubt begin wondering WTH?? I take pride in showing them that an everyday citizen can carry a gun and not be up to no good.

Winco, Jamms Restaurant, Target at Centennial Hills, Babystacks breakfast place. No issues.

No issues at Target? I quit going since their official stance became anti. Not that I ever did Target much, but that was the one.

garand_guy

Went to Walmart tonight and no issues as usual. Only thing that happened was in the parking lot, where an especially keen eyed dude saw my 1911. He was a loud-mouth who made stupid comments. He didn't disapprove, but he sounded like an undignified moron who probably narrates everything he does and sees simply to hear his own voice.

garand_guy

Cafe Rio in Henderson today with the folks. No issues, spurred some gentlemen behind us in the line to start talking amongst themselves about their firearms.

garand_guy

OC'd as promised in Boulder City at Damboree. I took my mom to breakfast with me at the Southwest Diner. Met a fellow open carrier and we had a nice chat. Shook hands with a BCPD officer who complimented me on my 1911 [blush]. Saw another OCer at a mini-mart in Green Valley this evening while I was CC. Very positive experience and glad to be carrying on July 4th.

28kfps

Not what I thought.

On my way back from my motorcycle ride today. Stopped at the biker bar on the mountain between Pahrump and Las Vegas.

As I was ordering my beer A young man next to me asked me how I liked the XD M. We chatted a little bit about firearms I went outside as he was getting his beer I sat on a chair few minutes later he came out. I looked over and saw that he was carrying a gun. I figured this guy was really up on the laws as he had no problem carrying and drinking a beer.

I walked up to him and asked if he knew of opencarry.org. Hey said yes however he doesn't follow the pro gun sites that much as he is a cop and many on the sites do not like cops. I asked are you METRO he said yes his is a detective.

I told him not all pro gun people are anti cops. Had a good chat about guns and motorcycles. Talked about FrontSight training. He did say he wished more people would carry. Said one way to keep us safer.

b0neZ

I don't often post in this thread, as constantly saying "nothing happened" becomes monotonous to type, and most likely, to read.

However, yesterday I had my first decidedly positive interaction!

While purchasing a gun cabinet from a guy at local swap meet, he asked what I was carrying.I told him, and he thanked me for OCing! He said he wished more people would. Not sure if he heard me, but I said "More people starts with you", as we talked guns, politics, news, and relationships while loading my purchase for transport.

Told him about OCDO, hopefully he'll sign on. I did fail to get his name.

Also OCed all through Fallon. No problems.

Yard Sale

A few weeks ago at the grocery store a middle-aged male confronted me and told me concealed is better tactically, that I'd be the first one shot, yada yada. I think that was the same day I saw a woman OCing with her kids in tow and that made two of us OCing in the supermarket. So if there are two of us OCing, which one gets shot first?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A few weeks ago at the grocery store a middle-aged male confronted me and told me concealed is better tactically, that I'd be the first one shot, yada yada. I think that was the same day I saw a woman OCing with her kids in tow and that made two of us OCing in the supermarket. So if there are two of us OCing, which one gets shot first?

Too many choices......

We likes your response. :)

jfrey123

Spotted a fella OC'ing at the Grand Sierra Resort parking lot this evening. Family and I were driving out of the parking lot and spotted a man loitering outside an occupied Toyota (looked like a friendly chat or maybe a private sale?), caught what appeared to be a duotone XD on his hip (I was about 100 yards away, I could be wrong on the make of the pistol). Didn't have time to give a thumbs up or anything, but was it someone from the board?

Last edited:

28kfps

In the area of Horizon Ridge, Eastern and 215. OCed at the Dr Office, Sears, Target, Trader Joes, Wal-Mart and Bjs brewer. Did get a few looks non showed any real concern. Had one of BJs monthly beers, a Whiskey Stout. Wow it was very good. Sipping beer kind of like drinking a Jack Daniels flavored beer.

28kfps

Very disappointed this evening. Finally had a chance to go to one of the local races here in Pahrump and Pahrump Speedway has gone anti 2nd amendment. Been OCing there for the past 20 years. A small dirt track with fun to watch racing. I have posted in past years about OCing at the races. This Saturday was one of the larger yearly races and a memorial for one of the racers. They usually have donated stuff for fund raising. I had 4ea four day Front Sight training certificates I was going to donate. I was pissed. Had the money out ready to pay for my ticket, put it back in my wallet and left. I just sent them an e-mail letting them know their anti gun facility will be posted. I did tell them there were five military heroes killed this weekend being protected by a no gun sign and good luck with theirs.