• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Nevada

Jeannette

OC'd at the Sprint store on Farm Rd. Was told by one man that it was nice seeing a lady open carrying. Then he asked me if it was a Glok :(. Then one of the guys working there also asked me what I carried. He then tells me that he carries a XD :). And again was complimented on carrying. Today was a good day!

mp06011999

...Then he asked me if it was a Glok :(. Then one of the guys working there also asked me what I carried...

Reminds me of how in the 80s everything was a Smith & Wesson. Now "everything's" a Glock. Just like how every small plane is a Cessna and every piece of heavy equipment is a bulldozer. Oh, and everyone that carries a gun is either law enforcement, a bad guy or a nut. Gotta love the ignorance of the masses :rolleyes:

garand_guy

I was thinking the same and do have the ability to come back with such commit however saves those replies for the belligerent anti gunner. This guy appeared to be on our side.

I know. I think they just don't know how else to say it. I just like the wittiness of the remark.

SharpShootur

The “Jingle, Tap and Rack” Meet-up

My fellow Open Carriers!

Once again, the Las Vegas Open Carry of Southern Nevada is celebrating the spirit of the 2nd Amendment right for another monthly meet up! It’s time to “ride the slide” and join with your fellow law abiding open carriers by “double tapping” at Twin Peaks!

Please spread the word for the “Jingle, Tap and Rack” Meet-up! The info is as follows:

Date: December 20, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m.
9510 S. Eastern Ave., Ste. 100
Las Vegas, NV 89123
(702) 564-1280

Reservations have been made for this event. Please tell them that you are a part of Trebion Wilson’s party when you arrive.

Hope to see you there! Remember as always, if you're married, please bring your spouse! If you have a special someone in your life, don’t forget to bring them too! Of course, the more friends the merrier! It's going to be a good time!

***PLEASE READ***
Remember, we're striving to make this a monthly event so please give me, SharpShootur, a list of any and all OC friendly restaurants and dives that you know of or find. That way, we'll have variety as well as good times!

28kfps

My fellow Open Carriers!

Once again, the Las Vegas Open Carry of Southern Nevada is celebrating the spirit of the 2nd Amendment right for another monthly meet up! It’s time to “ride the slide” and join with your fellow law abiding open carriers by “double tapping” at Twin Peaks!

Please spread the word for the “Jingle, Tap and Rack” Meet-up! The info is as follows:

Date: December 20, 2014
Time: 6:00 p.m.
9510 S. Eastern Ave., Ste. 100
Las Vegas, NV 89123
(702) 564-1280

Reservations have been made for this event. Please tell them that you are a part of Trebion Wilson’s party when you arrive.

Hope to see you there! Remember as always, if you're married, please bring your spouse! If you have a special someone in your life, don’t forget to bring them too! Of course, the more friends the merrier! It's going to be a good time!

***PLEASE READ***
Remember, we're striving to make this a monthly event so please give me, SharpShootur, a list of any and all OC friendly restaurants and dives that you know of or find. That way, we'll have variety as well as good times!
If we are not married can we bring a spouse?

Last edited:

28kfps

OCed today at Jo-Ann’s fabric Henderson then off to Starbucks for my once or twice a year trips. My domestic CEO in them a little more often than I. Place was full of geeks with laptops. I have laptops however consider myself as a redneck. A lady in line next to me admiring the two mags I had. Constantly looking at them.
My wife asked for a snowman cookie. The server says that cookie does not have any eyes on it. Making a joke so the lady could her I said that’s ok that way it can’t see it coming. Did get a smile out of the lady. As we picked up our way to expensive fancy foofoo hot drink she was on the other side of me giving my firearm the same attention as the mags. I am hoping the friendly interaction with her helps soften her opinion of people with a gun.

ed2276

I avoided the 3-day wait period and bought my S&W M&P9 compact at a dealer in Henderson. I was in and out the door with my new handgun in about 30 minutes. OCd into Wells Fargo bank on N. Durango in Centennial Hills. No incidents.

The Big Guy

Had a bit of what passes for fun for me today. Had to return a monitor to my cardiologists office. Having been in there before I had seen the big sign they have prominently displayed saying "No firearms or weapons of any type" in the lobby by the front desk. Thought I'd test their resolve. I walked in with my firearm on my hip, went to the counter and returned the devise. At least one of the staff saw my sidearm and said absolutely nothing. It's getting to the point I can't even pick a fight.

TBG

Last edited:

garand_guy

Had a bit of what passes for fun for me today. Had to return a monitor to my cardiologists office. Having been in there before I had seen the big sign they have prominently displayed saying "No firearms or weapons of any type" in the lobby by the front desk. Thought I'd test their resolve. I walked in with my firearm on my hip, went to the counter and returned the devise. At least one of the staff saw my sidearm and said absolutely nothing. It's getting to the point I can't even pick a fight.

TBG

Come to the library with me... Lol

mp06011999

Come to the library with me... Lol

I've oc'd in the nice library in the NW right off Buffalo (I think) a couple times and nary an issue. I did get the stare from the lady at the desk, but I gotta tell ya, my pro gun shirts I typically wear seem to "say it all". It's like they see the gun and then see the message on my shirt that says something like "come and take it" or "molan labe" or "an armed society is a free society" and they immediately have their curiosity answered as to why this guy is armed.

garand_guy

I've oc'd in the nice library in the NW right off Buffalo (I think) a couple times and nary an issue. I did get the stare from the lady at the desk, but I gotta tell ya, my pro gun shirts I typically wear seem to "say it all". It's like they see the gun and then see the message on my shirt that says something like "come and take it" or "molan labe" or "an armed society is a free society" and they immediately have their curiosity answered as to why this guy is armed.

Maybe I should get a T-shirt that says "Argue with me about literature!" when I open carry to the library. It would be hilarious.

I will not be cowed or bullied by government employees sucking at their job. Thankfully, the employees (vs volunteers) seem to be on the same page with the law.

Vegassteve

Thats the one where the guard started to draw down on me when I had a empty holster. I had correspondence with the library over this and that is when they tried to point out that they could do whatever they wanted based on a NRS. I would have to search and find my thread on here to find the NRS again. I havent been back since. That was maybe 4 years ago??

How long ago or how often have you been in? I would love to go back.

mp06011999

Thats the one where the guard started to draw down on me when I had a empty holster. I had correspondence with the library over this and that is when they tried to point out that they could do whatever they wanted based on a NRS. I would have to search and find my thread on here to find the NRS again. I havent been back since. That was maybe 4 years ago??

How long ago or how often have you been in? I would love to go back.

Guessing the last time was about a year ago. Maybe 2 months before that also. Once or twice was just to drop off materials and once or twice was to actually look through materials. That was when I got the stare. But I walk with an attitude like "don't f****n talk to me" and combined with the shirt, almost NEVER an issue. I find that the masses are usually non-confrontational. The sheep like to be left alone and only pick fights they think they can get away with - like snide comments to what looks like easy targets. True someday my demeanor will likely get me killed, but I'll enjoy the ride until then. lol

It's a running joke amongst those that know me that I NEVER get out of a ticket because of my attitude. But in all honestly, I'm not a mean or bad person. I too just want to be left alone. I won't pick a fight either (physical or just words) but I do believe that once someone does with me, there are no gloves. I go right for the jugular, as my wife likes to say. lol

Also, it could simply be said that I walk with confidence and not attitude. Yea, I prefer that. :dude:

Vegassteve

The guard thought he had an easy go at me. Until I walked back in with what I thought was my phone video recording the event. Then he turned, would not face me, wouldnt give me his name, covered his badge. Another older fellow watched it all and he walked out with me. As we walked out the guard came out behind us and made kissing sounds at me. I turned to the older man and asked if he heard that and he said he also watched the guard do it. And as it turns out I didnt have my record button pushed so I got none of it on video.

I think its time to revisit this issue now with my elected officials. I should have the right to use the library after all.

28kfps

Did open carry at the Range702, BJs for lunch and Kohl’s in henderson.
Standing in line at Kohl’s heard what appeared to be an around 9 year old boy quietly telling his dad that guy has a gun. The dad was trying to quietly encourage the boy and telling him not to worry about it. The boy went about his way being a little boy with no worries about my firearm right next to him.
I decided to let the farther know I heard the conversation and letting him know that I carry the gun because it is legal, personal protection and a small attempt to hopefully help encourage others there is noting to be afraid of. The dad kind of blew my off saying I have guns and know the law. That is when another lady behind him joined in the conversing saying she has and son that turned 18 and was asking for a Glock for Christmas. Told her about the face book page telling her about the moms that open carry she said more should. Another good day of OCing.

Jeannette

OC'd at the TJ Maxx at the Best of the West. As I was checking out I think the employees had a revalation.
Woman: Excuse me...do you run in your heels?
Me: ummm no.
Woman: you ever watch this show called Castle? It's about a cop who wears heels and runs all the time.
Me: I've never heard of that show. I'm sorry...do you think I'm a cop?
Woman: you're not cop?! But you have a gun?
Me: yes I do...so I'll NEVER have to run in my heels
Man behind counter: oh ****?! (With a smirk on his face)