• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Nevada

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grapeshot let get this hammered out. I see you PMed SharpShootur. He is a main event organizer of a Face Book page started by carftymom. Almost 600 members who also support OCDO.
Don't see what else I can do until I hear from Sharpshootur - ball's in his court so to speak.

There should be no problem posting of these events and staying within the rules.

Vegassteve

Don't see what else I can do until I hear from Sharpshootur - ball's in his court so to speak.

There should be no problem posting of these events and staying within the rules.

So then your ok with the posting here and in an events section so more people see it? We doo a very good job of self regulating the NV section. I dont understand why you are here so much adding to the signal to noise ratio. In this thread alone I could point out things you post that added nothing to the thread.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So then your ok with the posting here and in an events section so more people see it? We doo a very good job of self regulating the NV section. I dont understand why you are here so much adding to the signal to noise ratio. In this thread alone I could point out things you post that added nothing to the thread.
Very strange response - in this case I am attempting to resolve an apparent problem......and still no reply from SharpShootur to my PM.

Vegassteve

Very strange response - in this case I am attempting to resolve an apparent problem......and still no reply from SharpShootur to my PM.

Maybe he has not responded because he no longer wants to be a part of this forum after you ran him off with your misapplication of the rules. Just like with the cops a little good judgement can go a long way with people.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Maybe he has not responded because he no longer wants to be a part of this forum after you ran him off with your misapplication of the rules. Just like with the cops a little good judgement can go a long way with people.

You misrepresent the facts grossly.

I can see no reason that Facebook links to meet n' greets should be curtailed.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You misrepresent the facts grossly.

I can see no reason that Facebook links to meet n' greets should be curtailed.
Then perhaps you should enlighten us to the facts.
Confrontational? You seem upset with me personally - why?

I did not run SharpShootur off.

There was no misapplication of the rules from any source. He was not insulted, treated unfairly, or forced to cease posting.
From where does this claim originate?

Posting such events can well be accomplished within the rules.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I really appreciated the work Sharpshooter has done, Just as I appreciate the OCDO forum, I have been under the assumption that the foundation of this forum is to bring open carry into the mainstream. Sharpshooter was championing that ideal, in high fashion. I understand his reaction, and while it may not been the intended results of the admins... The end result is what speaks, no matter the justification.

One may say they did not "run him off" however they cannot speak for someone else. The correct term would be "I did not intend to run him off." either way, it appears he went away as a result of the correspondence with the admin. I see that he took the high road, and will hopefully still post on face book etc.

It would be sad to see OCDO fall on their sword, As technology advances behavioral parameters do change. The end take, in my view is this Sharpshooter intended to break the rules, to the exact extent the admin intended to run him off. Admins are in a situation where they are forced to make judgement calls, they wont always be right. In this case I think the Admin should retract, or substantiate with facts, his claims of rule violations.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I really appreciated the work Sharpshooter has done, Just as I appreciate the OCDO forum, I have been under the assumption that the foundation of this forum is to bring open carry into the mainstream. Sharpshooter was championing that ideal, in high fashion. I understand his reaction, and while it may not been the intended results of the admins... The end result is what speaks, no matter the justification.

One may say they did not "run him off" however they cannot speak for someone else. The correct term would be "I did not intend to run him off." either way, it appears he went away as a result of the correspondence with the admin. I see that he took the high road, and will hopefully still post on face book etc.

It would be sad to see OCDO fall on their sword, As technology advances behavioral parameters do change. The end take, in my view is this Sharpshooter intended to break the rules, to the exact extent the admin intended to run him off. Admins are in a situation where they are forced to make judgement calls, they wont always be right. In this case I think the Admin should retract, or substantiate with facts, his claims of rule violations.
Please cite where any member of the administration has caused Sharpshootur to cease posting said notices.

Seems that much is being made of what could be called at best a misunderstanding - source unknown. IMHO this has been blown waaay out of proportion.

Sharpshooter has been invited to resume.

solus

geeez NV guys, you all purport or seem to know the bloke...someone pick up the bloody phone and talk to him about this...

ipse

Vegassteve

geeez NV guys, you all purport or seem to know the bloke...someone pick up the bloody phone and talk to him about this...

ipse

And why are you here? Are you a mod on the forum? You added nothing to this thread about where you OC in Nevada. Did you OC in nevada this week? I did, and thee was no issue.

solus

whoa there, do you need assistance to take the chip off your shoulder and set it on a table...wow do me a favor and take a breath mate!!

I have in the recent past & contributed! I even tried to say hello to a NV forum member during that visit but unfortunately our schedules couldn't be reconciled.

I look forward to doing it in the future and will contribute accordingly!

now let me help you put your chip back up on your shoulder so you can continue your grumbling somewhere else!

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
And why are you here? Are you a mod on the forum? You added nothing to this thread about where you OC in Nevada. Did you OC in nevada this week? I did, and thee was no issue.
He has every right to be here and he doesn't need to be a Mod to offer a sensible suggestion/solution.

solus

BTW steve...even tho you sent a PM to back off, it only further proves and significantly strengthens my point about the substantial chip you carry around...

and when i stated you could grumble someplace else i didn't mean in a PM to me...SO

now get over yourself mate as my sand castle(s) in my backyard(s) are quite nice, thanks for asking!

ipse

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Shouldn't have to remind people to treat each other with respect and courtesy.

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS:
While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Vegassteve

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS:
While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer, in the military, etc). NOTE THAT THIS RULE APPLIES TO PMs AS WELL AS FORUM POSTS!!!

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules[/QUOTE

Maybe you should have all your facts straight as well. No personal attack or name calling was leveled by me in a PM.

I just do not understand how you as a mod allow all this BS to go in this thread that has ZERO to do with topic at hand. And as I said I can point to posts by you grape that do not add to the discussion. Hell Im doing it now.

So to get back on topic I OC at Cal Ranch on Jones today no issues.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules[/QUOTE

Maybe you should have all your facts straight as well. No personal attack or name calling was leveled by me in a PM.

I just do not understand how you as a mod allow all this BS to go in this thread that has ZERO to do with topic at hand. And as I said I can point to posts by you grape that do not add to the discussion. Hell Im doing it now.

So to get back on topic I OC at Cal Ranch on Jones today no issues.
Don't see that I pointed the finger directly at you.

Yet you would seem to presume that respect and courtesy are not general requirements and that you determine what is germane to a thread.

Perhaps you should relax a bit - hope that settles the issue.