• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Nevada

HPmatt

So if there are two of us OCing, which one gets shot first?

Depends on who is cuter? I would not bet against a mama bear protecting her cubs - they got verbal radar and eyes in the back of their head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garand_guy

OC'd for the first time at Sunset Park. Only one or two looks. No panic, no one called the police, and the custodians rolled right by. Went to the Paseo Verde library and they were having some event that made me a bit nervous, but I went in and nothing happened except I couldn't find the book I wanted. Security guard apparently didn't notice, which is a good and bad thing. More looks there, but again, nothing happened. People generally don't carry if you openly carry a handgun in Nevada.

garand_guy

Had a nice little group of OCers together at Miller's Ale House in Henderson. Rusty Young Man from AZ and his delightful girlfriend drove up. We amazed them with our freedom to drink alcohol while carrying in a bar. We Nevadans are foul tempters indeed!

Rusty Young Man

Had a nice little group of OCers together at Miller's Ale House in Henderson. Rusty Young Man from AZ and his delightful girlfriend drove up. We amazed them with our freedom to drink alcohol while carrying in a bar. We Nevadans are foul tempters indeed!

I'd heard of it, read about it, but never done it: who would have known that drinking a beer while Openly Carrying in a bar could be so... normal?:shocker:

Didn't "get drunk and start shooting" or anything, just enjoyed some good company and tasty food (which I chased down with a beer). The GF wasn't carrying, but she was only briefly taken aback with the idea of her BF (aka me) drinking a beer WHILE OCing.:D

The GF and I had a great time both at Miller's Ale House and the IHOP (near the strip) we visited Saturday morning. No problems, though we did get a few glances. The server at IHOP immediately asked if we were from AZ, saying she missed Surprise. What can I say? Lots of AZ love from the Nevada folks.:)

Last edited:

28kfps

One thing the helps us to have a nice beer while carrying is we do not carry those nasty guns the anti gun media is always talking about. Those nasty guns that without any influence from its owner jumps out from its hiding place and indiscriminately starts shooting and killing at random victims in a gun free zone.

garand_guy

One thing the helps us to have a nice beer while carrying is we do not carry those nasty guns the anti gun media is always talking about. Those nasty guns that without any influence from its owner jumps out from its hiding place and indiscriminately starts shooting and killing at random victims in a gun free zone.

I only notice my guns doing that when I drive to California. I can hear them shaking away inside the lock box, just dying to get out and do some mayhem. They calm down once I get them back inside the house, though.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I only notice my guns doing that when I drive to California. I can hear them shaking away inside the lock box, just dying to get out and do some mayhem. They calm down once I get them back inside the house, though.

It's just the effects of the lockbox. I leave mine free and loaded, even while in enemy territory, and they are just fine. Sorry I missed the lunch the other day, but rest assured I've been somewhere everyday for lunch, and beer. Miller's Ale House is one of many on the known friendly list.

Yard Sale

I carried on my motorcycle and was followed by Reno PD for a couple miles. I assume they called in my plate when they couldn't find anything to pull me over for. Does anybody have access to the archives at Broadcastify (formerly Radioreference)?

garand_guy

I carried on my motorcycle and was followed by Reno PD for a couple miles. I assume they called in my plate when they couldn't find anything to pull me over for. Does anybody have access to the archives at Broadcastify (formerly Radioreference)?

What you can do is, if you have the time, put in a FOIA request for broadcasts in that area. They'll probably want specifics on time and where, to get traffic from the right beat, and charge to burn a disc, but you can probably get it that way.

See, this stuff wants to make me drive up to Reno and Carson City and open carry there. Northern Nevada really needs expansion, especially seeing how I run Nevada Carry, and not Clark County Carry.

garand_guy

Good experience at Walmart today. Met a man from Illinois dropping his kids off to school. Gave them each an info card for my website and shocked them with how easy, I mean constitutionally easy, it is to own and carry a gun in this glorious land of freedom. Once again, no one freaked out.

28kfps

Vacationing in Utah for 10 days. OCing most every where on a motorcycle. National parks and State parks no issues. Bear Paw Fishing Resort not a fancy place however pro 2nd Amendment good food, stayed there in a RV space for 5 days. Young family owned no problem with open carry. bearpawfishingresort.com.

Bryce Canyon National park very pretty. Been there several times over the years. Last time some years ago rode a motorcycle through it. Stopping at the points of interest. Riding through verses a vehicle is like seeing a complete different canyon. A fun scenic ride and very easy to find a parking spot for the bikes. 360-degree panoramic view seeing amazing landscapes missed while traveling in a vehicle. The wife and I decided to ride our motorcycles through Bryce Canyon this week. Got to the fee station it was going to cost $25.00 per bike. We turned around and went to see other sites. Bryce Canyon does have a deal, you pay the entrance fee to visit which includes free shuttles. Not a bad idea however we've seen the canyon many times from a vehicle, spending 2 hours hopping on and off a buss was not going to be the same, we wanted to ride it. Last time we rode through Bryce cost 10 bucks per bike. The good news there is a lot other free cool riding near by.
Don't mind paying the fee however who really owns the park? I always thought that the fee was to maintain the park however it would appear they are in the mode of making a profit. If that's the case where does the profit money go?
I will say while talking to the fee taker who did notice my firearm me being left handed didn't say a word about it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--

Bryce Canyon National park very pretty. Been there several times over the years. Last time some years ago rode a motorcycle through it. Stopping at the points of interest. Riding through verses a vehicle is like seeing a complete different canyon. A fun scenic ride and very easy to find a parking spot for the bikes. 360-degree panoramic view seeing amazing landscapes missed while traveling in a vehicle. The wife and I decided to ride our motorcycles through Bryce Canyon this week. Got to the fee station it was going to cost $25.00 per bike.
How much for cars? Does seem outragious/excessive - may be that they just don't like your kind there :p

Have to wonder if their fee schedule is even legal - but that is a subject for another thread.

jfrey123

NV OC - how did it go?

I spotted a OCer at Scheels today (of all places). Fella was browsing more handguns with his family and maybe a brother or friend. Anybody here?

Edit to add: This was in Sparks.

Last edited:

FallonJeeper

I spotted a OCer at Scheels today (of all places). Fella was browsing more handguns with his family and maybe a brother or friend. Anybody here?

Edit to add: This was in Sparks.

I've OC'd at Legends, including Scheels, Lowes, Best Buy and all the restaurants. Never been approached or bothered.