• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Nevada

Steve Larson

Vegas Experience...

Oh ya, MAC took us to Landry's seafood place as well, no problems.

Going to the US with my firearms is never a problem...Coming back to Canada, I had my first dealings with Canada Border guards vs Firearms... The guy at the booth didn't know his terminology and got pissed off when he kept asking if I had a "Carry permit"... I told him no, I'm not carrying, I'm transporting..."where is it?" I told him in my luggage... he gets all pissed and says "That is carrying, where is your permit"... I told him " I have an Authorization to Transport, which is what that is called when it's in my luggage"... sigh... Then he flagged me for a secondary, so I had to take my luggage to these other guys who just asked me for my firearms license (In Canada we all have to have them to purchase/possess... kind of a 5 year pre-background check) and if I had packed it properly... and "what do you have?" I told him and he just said "COOL !! Nice gun") They never even asked to look at it... they couldn't figure out why I had been sent to them.

28kfps

Nice write up. Wow, Fashion Show Mall not an issue. Hope they keep it that way. Good news on the StripBurger. Too bad about the Canada law issues. I am sure you and your wife felt a lot safer being back under such strict laws which I am sure Canadian criminals most certainly follow.

Jeannette

Went to Gamestop and Comic book store on Tropical and Centennial. No issues there but the Comic book store had this huge HULK right when you walk in!!!!

crab321

Blue Diamond OC

One of my first times OCing, went to Autozone on Blue Diamond to return some parts. Got some attention. Manager was nice and asked the buddy that was with me, "Where is your gun?" in a joking matter. Grabbed some grub at Cafe Rio on Blue Diamond and Decatur. It was SUPER crowded. I got lots of looks but no problems. Been lurking all the posts and I think i'm going to like it here. :)

28kfps

One of my first times OCing, went to Autozone on Blue Diamond to return some parts. Got some attention. Manager was nice and asked the buddy that was with me, "Where is your gun?" in a joking matter. Grabbed some grub at Cafe Rio on Blue Diamond and Decatur. It was SUPER crowded. I got lots of looks but no problems. Been lurking all the posts and I think i'm going to like it here. :)

Welcome to the open carry dot org NV. The more you are out OCing the less you notice the looks.

vegaspassat

Welcome to the open carry dot org NV. The more you are out OCing the less you notice the looks.

I beg to differ. I really think that the more you OC, the less looks you get. I say this because as you become more comfortable with OC, the more comfortable your appearance is. People inherently don't "size up" or evaluate a person that looks comfortable and natural. That's why it's always easy to spot someone that is new to a place or is performing an action they have little experience doing. I hope that makes sense

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Turbod'1

I beg to differ. I really think that the more you OC, the less looks you get. I say this because as you become more comfortable with OC, the more comfortable your appearance is. People inherently don't "size up" or evaluate a person that looks comfortable and natural. That's why it's always easy to spot someone that is new to a place or is performing an action they have little experience doing. I hope that makes sense

I agree simply for the fact that NO ONE CARES.

Almost a year of OC and --get this-- NO ONE CARES. ;)

This thread needs to go as --all it is, is: What business kicked me out for OUT!

I get it! Anyone who has read this thread, or better yet, actually carried knows that it isn't an issue. The only issue at this point is: who should WE be angry at -- business's [of course we don't know what set them off or if that was just the way the company is]? Or should we just be annoyed for the sake of being annoyed?

Jeannette

OC'd in US Bank today early in the morning and there wasn't alot of people so I had no issue. Dunkin Donuts also had no issues but they probably thought I was a cop. LOL. Both places on N. Durango. Also went to Winding Trails Park (City of Las Vegas) to the dog park there and a couple of other people were there but they didn't say anything.
Getting comfortable with this OCing and I did have the pamphlets with me just in case.

28kfps

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

That is exactly what I was saying only with a lot less and completely different words.

HK_Tanker

Hello all. Been lurking for a couple weeks now and decided it was time to give it a go. Ive been OCing for about a week now and wanted to share some of the places I've been, to add to the list. Walmart and Winco in south reno, as well as the Spanish Springs Walmart twice. Home Depot (did have one lady checking out at the register do a double take and her eyes got big:eek:, i just smiled and continued with my business.), Petsmart, as well as the little caesars in Spanish springs. all with no unusual looks or comments. just a couple smiles and people being very polite. Today i went to the Work World next to the Home Depot on S. Virginia. Good experience there. Also I do carry a Full size HK .45 in either a black leather holster or a BH serpa. Not difficult to miss :D Over all good times all week and proud to be exercising my 2A. The more comfortable you are with your firearms the better you will carry yourself in public. (IMHO)

28kfps

Hello all. Been lurking for a couple weeks now and decided it was time to give it a go. Ive been OCing for about a week now and wanted to share some of the places I've been, to add to the list. Walmart and Winco in south reno, as well as the Spanish Springs Walmart twice. Home Depot (did have one lady checking out at the register do a double take and her eyes got big:eek:, i just smiled and continued with my business.), Petsmart, as well as the little caesars in Spanish springs. all with no unusual looks or comments. just a couple smiles and people being very polite. Today i went to the Work World next to the Home Depot on S. Virginia. Good experience there. Also I do carry a Full size HK .45 in either a black leather holster or a BH serpa. Not difficult to miss :D Over all good times all week and proud to be exercising my 2A. The more comfortable you are with your firearms the better you will carry yourself in public. (IMHO)

Welcome to the OC dot org. Sounds like a great day of OCing. We have several up you way supporters on the site.

HK_Tanker

Thanks! Yeah for the most part and my observations about 80-90% of people don't even notice anything. Does anyone know if there is going to be a get together/range day of some sort anytime soon?

z28power

Thanks! Yeah for the most part and my observations about 80-90% of people don't even notice anything. Does anyone know if there is going to be a get together/range day of some sort anytime soon?

Check the Nevada events. Crafty mommy was trying to arrange a range day next weekend i think! If not, there was mentioned of the 26th. :) Welcome aboard!

Sent from my phone, so be gentle on my autocorrect spelling mistakes!

Rusty Young Man

Hello all. Been lurking for a couple weeks now and decided it was time to give it a go. Ive been OCing for about a week now and wanted to share some of the places I've been, to add to the list....SNIP... Over all good times all week and proud to be exercising my 2A. The more comfortable you are with your firearms the better you will carry yourself in public. (IMHO)

Welcome to OCDO and greetings from sunny, dry Arizona HK_Tanker!:)

Couldn't agree more with your last sentence! The way you dress AND the way you carry :)p) yourself speak volumes to any observers; a calm demeanor goes a long way.

Hope you never have any issues, but I'll end my welcome with a reminder that an impartial witness can save you much grief should you become a victim of our "justice" system.:( In short:it is highly advisable to carry some kind of recording device with you when you're out and about; at the very least a voice recorder.

HK_Tanker

Very true. After reading some not so good encounters some OCers or CCers have had, although not common, I'll definitely look into getting one sort of recording device, just incase "the man" wants to be an un educated pain in my arse.

Rusty Young Man

Very true. After reading some not so good encounters some OCers or CCers have had, although not common, I'll definitely look into getting one sort of recording device, just incase "the man" wants to be an un educated pain in my arse.

I used to think I could get by without one, seeing as AZ law is pretty good about respecting the RKBA and police generally know about OCers.
Then I read this thread, and decided I'd rather not risk any more than I should:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?83848-**-Legal-Defense-fund-for-Skidmark-**

Add.: Keep in mind, this happened to a (very esteemed) member on OCDO who looks like Santa Claus... not as threatening as anyone in my age group (21) would likely be portrayed in court.

Last edited:

Jeannette

HK_Tanker;2051469]Hello all. Been lurking for a couple weeks now and decided it was time to give it a go. Ive been OCing for about a week now and wanted to share some of the places I've been, to add to the list. Walmart and Winco in south reno, as well as the Spanish Springs Walmart twice. Home Depot (did have one lady checking out at the register do a double take and her eyes got big:eek:, i just smiled and continued with my business.), Petsmart, as well as the little caesars in Spanish springs. all with no unusual looks or comments. just a couple smiles and people being very polite. Today i went to the Work World next to the Home Depot on S. Virginia. Good experience there. Also I do carry a Full size HK .45 in either a black leather holster or a BH serpa. Not difficult to miss :D Over all good times all week and proud to be exercising my 2A. The more comfortable you are with your firearms the better you will carry yourself in public.
Hi there Tanker. Welcome to the group. I too have just recently started to OC and the more I carry the more comfortable I get. Sometimes I even forget that it's there until I bump my elbow on it.

Last edited: