• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Nevada

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My wife open carried for her first time today in Albertson's at Charleston and Desert Foothills. Just a normal couple going about their business with holstered guns on their hips. :D
It doesn't get much better than that
icon14.png

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
That's what I thought. I parked my car off school grounds a long way off, secured my weapon and ammo, and then walked to the school to get my son. It was a long walk, but I need the exercise. Wasn't there a rule that if you have a ccw you can open carry past school grounds, but still not on school property? Time for me to actually read up on the NRS.

The only state restriction is possession on school property. You can be armed on the sidewalk outside their fence, and you are fine. So you can park on the street as close as you can get, just don't drive onto the school's parking lot to be legal.

There is no extra provision for having a CCW permit.

Last edited:

vegaspassat

Went to harbor freight and oriely's today. The girlfriend and I went to meet a friend of hers at Starbucks too. She really wanted me to meet her grind so I went along, but I only drank water.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

28kfps

The only state restriction is possession on school property. You can be armed on the sidewalk outside their fence, and you are fine. So you can park on the street as close as you can get, just don't drive onto the school's parking lot to be legal.

There is no extra provision for having a CCW permit.

MAC correct me if I am wrong. The 1000 foot law is a federal law and they do not offer any funds to force it so our State will not enforce this federal law and as you said we have no state 1000 foot law?

28kfps

First post on here but I have been carrying for about a month now.

This was this past Wednesday

I was OCing at Cardenas today.As im waiting in line a you girl about 15 or 16 turns around and asked me excuse me, do you speak English? I responded yes I do. (Her) why are you carrying a gun? At that point her mom walked towards me and tells her thats not a gun (she was looking at my extra mags). (Me) Yes its s gun ma'm (I turned to the other side so she could see the firearm) As she saw the firearm her face just dropped and turned around and walked away, leaving her daughter there. Then I told the daughter that I carried a gun for protection and to exercise my 2nd amendment. Then she walked away defenetly left her curious. I wish I would have had more time to explain it to her but I hope she went home to do more research on it.

This is last night

I OC at Chipotle, it wasn't really busy and didn't notice anyone looking, none of the employees noticed or said anything. So good experiences!

Welcome to the site.

Craftymommy

Just want to say ninja is my husband. And I finally convinced him to come on here. He likes facebook better though because he says it is easier to navigate:banghead: i don't understand him.

28kfps

My wife open carried for her first time today in Albertson's at Charleston and Desert Foothills. Just a normal couple going about their business with holstered guns on their hips. :D

Nothing like seeing a young lady sporting a nicely holster firearm. The old 1979 movie 10 which used a number scale to rate woman's looks 10 being the best. I contend they get 3 extra points if they are open carrying.

Craftymommy

Nothing like seeing a young lady sporting a nicely holster firearm. The old 1979 movie 10 which used a number scale to rate woman's looks 10 being the best. I contend they get 3 extra points if they are open carrying.

I won't argue with that:lol:

mp06011999

While not exactly an oc story, it still kinda applies:

Had a community yard sale yesterday. I through my Llama 1911 into the sale placing it unloaded, cleared and opened on top of a big yellow DeWalt box. Upon noticing a lady exclaimed, "YOUR SELLING A GUN IN A YARD SALE?!?" I said, "Yea, you interested?" She abruptly left saying "NO". lol

A few picked it up ever so gently like it was a hot piece of led and moved it aside. One was handling it in every fashion possible cycling it, aiming it (in a safe direction) and just generally handling it like you would any firearm you are considering buying it. Btw, he was a Metro officer in street clothes and not on duty. And then just as I finished for the day a lawyer for Bargain Pawn showed up and bought it. Cash and carry - no ID, no personal questions. The way it should be. Awesome!

And I wonder what that lady that so abruptly left went home thinking?

Craftymommy

While not exactly an oc story, it still kinda applies:

Had a community yard sale yesterday. I through my Llama 1911 into the sale placing it unloaded, cleared and opened on top of a big yellow DeWalt box. Upon noticing a lady exclaimed, "YOUR SELLING A GUN IN A YARD SALE?!?" I said, "Yea, you interested?" She abruptly left saying "NO". lol

A few picked it up ever so gently like it was a hot piece of led and moved it aside. One was handling it in every fashion possible cycling it, aiming it (in a safe direction) and just generally handling it like you would any firearm you are considering buying it. Btw, he was a Metro officer in street clothes and not on duty. And then just as I finished for the day a lawyer for Bargain Pawn showed up and bought it. Cash and carry - no ID, no personal questions. The way it should be. Awesome!

And I wonder what that lady that so abruptly left went home thinking?

Our first gun purchase here was at a yard sale. I couldn't resist, it is a .22lr NAA revolver and fits in the palm of my hand. It was cute and has a kick and I love it:) we did a bill of sale with ID info of both parties but we are also in clark county so have blue cards to contend with.

Some people are just afraid for one reason or another, only thing we can do is try to educate them and by OC we show that we are responsible gun owners and anyone who asks we give them food for thought on why we carry!

Vegassteve

Our first gun purchase here was at a yard sale. I couldn't resist, it is a .22lr NAA revolver and fits in the palm of my hand. It was cute and has a kick and I love it:) we did a bill of sale with ID info of both parties but we are also in clark county so have blue cards to contend with.
!

A BOS is not needed in Clark county. It has nothing to do with the blue card. Please dont fall into that trap.

Craftymommy

OC at Bass Pro today and a new restaurant by us, Siam Thai, with no issues. Have to say the restaurant has some amazing food but it replaced our favorite mexican restaurant:( Win win though I guess, good food to replace an old favorite and OC friendly:)

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk

28kfps

OC at Bass Pro today and a new restaurant by us, Siam Thai, with no issues. Have to say the restaurant has some amazing food but it replaced our favorite mexican restaurant:( Win win though I guess, good food to replace an old favorite and OC friendly:)

Siam Thai is a Mexican restaurant? "O" wait I get what you are saying.

Craftymommy

We have seen two garage sales with guns in the year we have been here.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
MAC correct me if I am wrong. The 1000 foot law is a federal law and they do not offer any funds to force it so our State will not enforce this federal law and as you said we have no state 1000 foot law?

There is no 1000-foot state law, correct.

There is ZERO, ZERO, ZERO enforcement of the federal gun-free school zone in most states, especially ours. The only states where it is an issue is where they also have a matching state law.

It's not because of being an unfunded mandate, but because the federal government is completely outside their authority with it. It was already struck down by SCOTUS. It will be instantly struck down again if there ever was a conviction of it in any state.

In my professional expert legal opinion, I unabashedly and without reservation advise to completely ignore it.

mp06011999

I know that it isnt needed, we do it for our safety though:)

So cute! I told the buyer, "As a seller, I want to know nothing of you. As a buyer, you would want to know that the gun is not stolen so here is the Blue Card. Good Day Sir".

Btw, more than is required, but less than most if not ALL sales in Clark County.