• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Nevada

yotetrapper

Took my wife out to dinner at The Olive Garden at Legends, then we took a couple laps around Scheels (top and bottom floors), and we finished out the evening doing our taxes at H&R Block. Everywhere we went was completely uneventful.

renoglock22

Took my wife out to dinner at The Olive Garden at Legends, then we took a couple laps around Scheels (top and bottom floors), and we finished out the evening doing our taxes at H&R Block. Everywhere we went was completely uneventful.

I am surprised no one stopped you. I went to Scheels last summer and the manager came up to me and said, "I understand state law says you can open carry and here at Scheels we encourage it but unfortunately the owner of the legends has a no firearm policy so I am going to have to ask you to put it in your car." I know someone on here has e-mailed the company that owns the land with no answer back. Anyway good for you not getting harassed, it may not work that way again lol.

yotetrapper

I am surprised no one stopped you. I went to Scheels last summer and the manager came up to me and said, "I understand state law says you can open carry and here at Scheels we encourage it but unfortunately the owner of the legends has a no firearm policy so I am going to have to ask you to put it in your car." I know someone on here has e-mailed the company that owns the land with no answer back. Anyway good for you not getting harassed, it may not work that way again lol.

I wasn't really expecting to make it that far either but I figured I should test the waters.... I have yet to be "asked to leave" anywhere yet, I thought that would be it. O well I'm not gona complain, :banana:

DooFster

Carried down at The Gun Store again and bought the wife a 9mm XD to OC with and eventually CC after awhile... Good experiences with TGS and the Subway about a mile down the road on Tropicana... Thanks to Greg at TGS for the advice and assistance!!

28kfps

Carried down at The Gun Store again and bought the wife a 9mm XD to OC with and eventually CC after awhile... Good experiences with TGS and the Subway about a mile down the road on Tropicana... Thanks to Greg at TGS for the advice and assistance!!

Say is not so. You purchased it from the Gun Store?

franco0341

Ron Paul/ new to OC

My first OC was at the Ron Paul event, bought a new finger retainer holster for my .45 1911 Rock Island. Since then, I've carried in a few grocery stores, B of A this afternoon and Walmart. I have had no problems. I have brought my cousin along with me a few times and she says people give weird looks once I can't see them. I'm hoping to be able to go to the PT's dinner on the 18th and meet some of my fellow OC'ers. :)

28kfps

My first OC was at the Ron Paul event, bought a new finger retainer holster for my .45 1911 Rock Island. Since then, I've carried in a few grocery stores, B of A this afternoon and Walmart. I have had no problems. I have brought my cousin along with me a few times and she says people give weird looks once I can't see them. I'm hoping to be able to go to the PT's dinner on the 18th and meet some of my fellow OC'ers. :)

Welcome to open carry dot org. What a bold step to make for your first OC outing. Thanks for the posting.

The Big Guy

Welcome to the forum. We wil be happy to see you at the meet and greet. Ron Paul truly believes in the 2A, not the lip service given by others.

TBG

DooFster

The wifey carried with me at Bass Pro off of Blue Diamond and also at the Wendy's on Tropicana... She was getting used to carrying her XD but she worked it out. Lol. It was her first time...

28kfps

Today, we went to Hobby Lobby on Stephaney and Sunset, Vacuum cleaner store next to Hobby lobby, the Sears on Warm Springs, a bead store on Durango, Michael’s on Rainbow and 215, Outback Sahara and Durango. OCing my full size 40 the whole time not one issue. Did have a guy while standing in line at Sears ask me what I was carrying said he had the 9 mil version.

franco0341

Thanks

Welcome to open carry dot org. What a bold step to make for your first OC outing. Thanks for the posting.

I appreciate the warm welcome from y'all. I actually was/am a pretty active volunteer for the Campaign so I was shooting the breeze a little bit with some of the staffers on his security detail.

Rollbar

Well I haven't OC yet, but at the gun range (SWFAA) since I'm new there (bout 3wks), some ask what am I carrying and what is my occupation.
I politely say its a Colt 45 1911 and I am a minister, you should see the weird look as I am carrying my 3030 and Browning 270 A-bolt to shoot :) :lol::shocker:

Think I'll try it this week. :idea:

Great site and information.

Thanks,
Jim

ed2276

I OC'd yesterday at the Money Tree on Centennial Parkway; then at Smith's on N. Durango/Elkhorn; then at the Golden China restaurant on N.Durango/Farm.

Completely uneventful. No stares, no comments, nothing, ziltch, zip, nada...

wrightme

Well I haven't OC yet, but at the gun range (SWFAA) since I'm new there (bout 3wks), some ask what am I carrying and what is my occupation.
I politely say its a Colt 45 1911 and I am a minister, you should see the weird look as I am carrying my 3030 and Browning 270 A-bolt to shoot :) :lol::shocker:

Think I'll try it this week. :idea:

Great site and information.

Thanks,
Jim

RB, here are some that I have had no trouble at:

Big R.
Louie's
Walmart
Radio Shack
LJS/KFC
getting gas at Maverik (I don't go inside).

I like Fallon

Last edited:

FallonJeeper

Welcome Rollbar!

In addition to wrightme's list these other Fallon businesses have been tested successfully by me:

The Wok
La Fiesta
Hunan Buffet
Sandwinds
Jerry's
Raley's
Ristorante Don Juilios (Maine Street)
the Daily Grind

Last edited: