• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Nevada

greengum

So I had to go to the doctor to get skin tags removed. I went to the 7 hills medical center for the procedure. It is located just south of ST. Rose and 7 hills drive/Spencer. I OC'd my new semi-auto. I have been asked to leave the medical complex of my primary doctor (who is no longer my primary) on St. Rose and Eastern a few weeks ago and I have also been asked to leave the hospital located next to them. Both had signage and security guards. This time was different though. The social aspect of having a firearm around people who are not used to it can be entertaining. The nurse who walked me back to the little room was trying to beat around the bush by not actually asking about it. She kept looking at it and would ask questions like "what do you do for a living?" "is a machine shop dangerous?"

The doctor came in to evaluate my issue. She was 4 foot 6 maybe and she didn't flinch. Looked at it and didn't mention it at all then left to have the assistant preform the procedure on me. She then had a scalpel in her hand and I figured I would put her out of her socially awkward misery before she started cutting my face. We talked briefly, asking about who can OC. I left shortly afterwards with a numb face and a smile. Well i think I was smiling, stupid drugs.

This is the first medical center I have found to be OC friendly without warnings everywhere and I would recommend going to them too.

mp06011999

Northwest Vegas

McDonald's at Farm and Durango. The wife and me both. Ate in. Not a word from anybody.
Sam's Club @ Tropical again. A Metro cop was there. He noticed, as did alot of people. Not a word though.

MainelyGlock

Open carried at Wal-Mart, Army Barracks, Lowe's, Shaws, and Cumberland Farms yesterday. No contact from the officer who was at Cumberland Farms either, which was nice. About to go to Freeport so hopefully that will go as smoothly.

Rollbar

Asked my son to CCW in services today from inspiring events this morning when I arrived at the building. Everything wen't well.

vegaspassat

So I had to go to the doctor to get skin tags removed. I went to the 7 hills medical center for the procedure. It is located just south of ST. Rose and 7 hills drive/Spencer. I OC'd my new semi-auto. I have been asked to leave the medical complex of my primary doctor (who is no longer my primary) on St. Rose and Eastern a few weeks ago and I have also been asked to leave the hospital located next to them. Both had signage and security guards. This time was different though. The social aspect of having a firearm around people who are not used to it can be entertaining. The nurse who walked me back to the little room was trying to beat around the bush by not actually asking about it. She kept looking at it and would ask questions like "what do you do for a living?" "is a machine shop dangerous?"

The doctor came in to evaluate my issue. She was 4 foot 6 maybe and she didn't flinch. Looked at it and didn't mention it at all then left to have the assistant preform the procedure on me. She then had a scalpel in her hand and I figured I would put her out of her socially awkward misery before she started cutting my face. We talked briefly, asking about who can OC. I left shortly afterwards with a numb face and a smile. Well i think I was smiling, stupid drugs.

This is the first medical center I have found to be OC friendly without warnings everywhere and I would recommend going to them too.

Please do everyone a favor and write a nice letter to them detailing how professional everyone in their clinic was, how you have been asked to leave many other medical establishments, and how you will spread the word of their professionalism and consideration of individuals' rights of healthcare and self defense.

Make no mistake, the healthcare industry is just that - and industry for profit. I for one feel that a provider that allows me to carry in their office probably has my best interest more at heart than a provider that doesn't. An appreciative letter goes a lot farther for our cause than a complaint.

Merlin

Re: Where did you carry today and how did it go?

Open carried at Wal-Mart, Army Barracks, Lowe's, Shaws, and Cumberland Farms yesterday. No contact from the officer who was at Cumberland Farms either, which was nice. About to go to Freeport so hopefully that will go as smoothly.

Hey Mainly,

I gather you are in Maine, right?

This particular thread is for Nevada. While we are always glad to hear of positive carry experiences, they would probably a lot more useful to people in your state. If there isn't a thread in your state forum, start one!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

mp06011999

Northwest Vegas

Target at North Buffalo and the 215 again. Security looked right at my holstered gun when I walked in. Not a word.

Man, this open carry thing is so much easier than I ever expected it would be.

MainelyGlock

Hey Mainly,

I gather you are in Maine, right?

This particular thread is for Nevada. While we are always glad to hear of positive carry experiences, they would probably a lot more useful to people in your state. If there isn't a thread in your state forum, start one!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Yessir, I am in Maine. Sorry! I didn't even realize it haha. Thanks for the heads up.

vegaspassat

Target at North Buffalo and the 215 again. Security looked right at my holstered gun when I walked in. Not a word.

Man, this open carry thing is so much easier than I ever expected it would be.

Something completely legal being easy?!?! The hell you say! Be advised I think target's corporate policy may be anti though. May want to look into it and consider spending your money elsewhere.

DooFster

Something completely legal being easy?!?! The hell you say! Be advised I think target's corporate policy may be anti though. May want to look into it and consider spending your money elsewhere.

I doubt they'll have any problems with any of us OCing in Target... The wife and I carry there all the time...

Frantic84

today was Chili's @ Rainbow/Lake Mead one of the young ladies across from us stared a few times but that was it, my toddler took most of the servers attention. Then it was off to the Walmart in centennial good as usual.

vegaspassat

Well, then I guess I'm wrong! OC'd at the sprint locations on nellis and charleston as well as the one on charleston and lamb. One of the workers at the lamb location as he walked by me said "Hey be careful with that man, there are some crazy people in here today" Other than that my experience was uneventful. Same thing with fresh and easy on charleston and sloan. uneventful.

mrharris

Went to BLVD mall, wal-mart and ross on Stewart and Nellis AP agent in ross said that customers might get worried but no problem.

Merlin

Went to BLVD mall, wal-mart and ross on Stewart and Nellis AP agent in ross said that customers might get worried but no problem.

Tri-fold opportunity!

"Yeah, I totally understand. That's why I carry this around (tri-fold), so if anyone has any questions, I can show them how it is completely legal, and NORMAL, here in Nevada. Here, you can keep this one for your own reference..."

See what I did there? :)

Last edited:

mp06011999

Summerlin, Vegas

Home Depot on Charleston about 1PM Tuesday. I got an awful lot of attention. No kidding. An employee every 60 seconds coming up asking me if I was doing okay or if I needed anything. It was a little ridiculous how I was being followed.....and then...
An employee came up and introduced himself as the assistant district or regional (can't remember which) manager. He said that he was completely fine with me carrying and that he understood that it is my right. He said he had NO problem with it, but that some of his employees are freaking out. He apologized for the over-attention and asked me if I minded shaking his hand so that everyone watching would see that there is no problem with a customer carrying in a lawful manner in the store. He said that he just wants his employees to see that he's talking to me and that everything is okay so that they will all relax and stop following me. And again, that he was sorry, but some people are just overreacting.

I agreed, shook his hand and continued shopping. After I checked-out I searched him out again to explain just how very legal I was being and that he could tell his employees that if I were up to no good "do they really think that I'd be advertising it by carrying openly". His reply, "I have NO problem with people carrying and I think that if more people did we'd have a whole lot less $**t happening in the world, including employees freaking out. You have the right and I support that. More power to you sir and again, I'm sorry for all the attention."

Man, that was really nice!