• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC doing lawn work

j4l

I wear pants every day. Am I paranoid that someone is trying to get a look at Mr. Winkie?

I wear a watch most of the time. Am I paranoid that Time will suddenly shift without my knowledge?

I have an umbrella. Am I paranoid that the weather is out to get me?

I have Car Insurance. I'm FORCED to have car insurance. Am I paranoid that someone is going to wreck their SUV into me while talking on a cell phone? Well, yeah, kinda...

The only example where actual paranoia exists, is the government mandated one.... Figure it out yet?

Having the right to defend one's self is not the same as being able. Your right to life means nothing if you cannot enforce it. Plenty of people in the Cemetery had a Right to live...

yup.

j4l

No black helicopter comments? What about if I record you saying it?

:p

Who said I always disagree with you? lol. 90% of the time Im just busting your chops-like with most. We see eye-to-eye on most things not involving conspiracy theories (County Death Squads and Hit Teams-which I just find way too far-fetched)
and duct-taping AK's to our thighs lol.

And we're already recording you-wave to the monitor. :banana:

And pssst-that's not a traffic helo orbiting your location, either...

Last edited:

carsontech

Activist Member
Here is SC, we can't OC unless it's at our property, someone else's property with permission of the owner, at a shooting range, or if were hunting or fishing.

My wife and I OC on our property, our friends property, and our relatives property, almost 100% of the time, except in the shower and when were sleeping.

Our house is in a subdivision, so there are houses and people all around us. We OC when we do yard work all the time... well, the wife is 8 months pregnant, so she OCs while she watches me OC and do the yard work, lol.

There are cars and people going by all the time. Nobody seems to notice us OCing. There have been no MWAG police investigations yet and no weird looks.

Maybe there are a few that notice and think were cops, or maybe people notice and actually know that it is a legal thing to do here in SC. My bet is nobody notices because they don't have the level of situational awareness they should.

77zach

Here is SC, we can't OC unless it's at our property, someone else's property with permission of the owner, at a shooting range, or if were hunting or fishing.

I really like South Carolina; if H 3292 gets through next year (constitutional carry, with a large number of reps signed on), I may consider moving there. It's a really pleasant state, despite my hour long unfortunate experience with the Ridgeland "Interstate Criminal Enforcement" unit on I-95, LOL.

http://www.ridgelandpd.com/our_services_ice.htm

Last edited:

carsontech

Activist Member
I really like South Carolina; if H 3292 gets through next year (constitutional carry, with a large number of reps signed on), I may consider moving there. It's a really pleasant state, despite my hour long unfortunate experience with the Ridgeland "Interstate Criminal Enforcement" unit on I-95, LOL.

http://www.ridgelandpd.com/our_services_ice.htm

I have been active in trying to get H. 3292 passed.

There have been a few problems with the language of it with the original person who wrote it.

Then the there was a HUGE fiasco with a rep that added his amendments to it, essentially making it illegal for people from out of state to bring a gun into SC, unless they are just transporting it in their trunk, or unless they have a permit that has reciprocity with SC. Meaning only SC residents would have the right to open carry and conceal carry without a permit. That, to me is unacceptable. I am not sure if it was intentional, but that is 100% unacceptable to pass a, supposedly, pro 2nd amendment bill that restricts out of state people more than before the bill was in place.

Now, the NRA is getting their people to help with the language, to get this thing back to a true 2nd amendment, pro-gun, bill. There have been a lot of concern with the NRA and how they supported the bill when it was going to only allow SC residents to have the freedom of "constitutional carry". I hope they clean up the language to make it like Arizona.

Sorry for your bad experience in SC, did you get cavity searched? lol

Last edited:

j4l

There have been a few problems with the language of it with the original person who wrote it.

Then the there was a HUGE fiasco with a rep that added his amendments to it, essentially making it illegal for people from out of state to bring a gun into SC, unless they are just transporting it in their trunk, or unless they have a permit that has reciprocity with SC. Meaning only SC residents would have the right to open carry and conceal carry without a permit. That, to me is unacceptable. I am not sure if it was intentional, but that is 100% unacceptable to pass a, supposedly, pro 2nd amendment bill that restricts out of state people more than before the bill was in place.

Now, the NRA is getting their people to help with the language, to get this thing back to a true 2nd amendment, pro-gun, bill. There have been a lot of concern with the NRA and how they supported the bill when it was going to only allow SC residents to have the freedom of "constitutional carry". I hope they clean up the language to make it like Arizona.

Dont get your hopes up too much on the NRA bit. They bent us over, and then threw what was left under the bus.

MR Redenck

Dont get your hopes up too much on the NRA bit. They bent us over, and then threw what was left under the bus.

Dont forget about they "Know Whats Best For You".
Florida aint the only place that has problem a with the NRA screwing up pro gun legislation. Even without opposition, the NRA wants to compromise everything to the point its worthless.
Their real good at dragging stuff out so they can constantly ask members for more money. :mad:

77zach

The problem amendment also banned Open Carry, if I remember correctly. Of course, it's not constitutional carry if OC is still illegal.

Ridgeland pulled me over and thought they were going to score some smack or cash. They got their drug dog to do a false alert on my car for drugs, then rifled through all my belongings and checked the numbers on my guns without any reasonable suspicion that they were stolen. It was an illegal search and seizure. I was afraid they were going to plant something, and I told them any drugs found were put there. In the end they let me go without a speeding ticket, just a "notice of public contact".

SgtC

Everywhere, all the time

I carry my Taurus PT145 Millennium Pro in a Fobus paddle holster at all times. In a suit it is concealed only if I have my jacket on and otherwise it is concealed only if I have a large shirt on. I open carry, easily, 90% of the time. I take it off the night stand in the morning and put it in the holster and put it back on the night stand when I go to bed. I carry around the house, in the yard, outside talking to neighbors, to the office, at the office, in the office talking to clients, to lunch, to the bank, EVERYWHERE.

I welcome inquiries and have had a couple run-ins with uneducated store personel and LEO's.

When people ask why I carry I ask them why they don't. I tell them that if the bank can guard their money with guns and the jeweler can guard his wares with a gun, certainly I can protect my family with a gun. Aren't they worth more?

I also ask them if they have smoke alarms, first aid kits, spare tires, etc. even though they hope they never have to use any of them either.

77zach

When people ask why I carry I ask them why they don't. I tell them that if the bank can guard their money with guns and the jeweler can guard his wares with a gun, certainly I can protect my family with a gun. Aren't they worth more?

I also ask them if they have smoke alarms, first aid kits, spare tires, etc. even though they hope they never have to use any of them either.

Indeed

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

the NRA has done so much harm, I won't believe there is anything good about them until I see them actually do some... Talk is never going to convince me of a damn thing.

mark-in-texas

I OC on my own property (only legal way in Texas) when I do yard work, but it's loaded with snakeshot! My neighbors don't care. A cop lives straight across the road!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I OC on my own property (only legal way in Texas) when I do yard work, but it's loaded with snakeshot! My neighbors don't care. A cop lives straight across the road!

How's your OC legislation going? I tried reading up but there seems to be a lot of confusion in that thread.

77zach

How's your OC legislation going? I tried reading up but there seems to be a lot of confusion in that thread.

The way I see it, it's not going to happen.

OC will go -1 for 5 this year (actually losing California). I'm back to thinking all the red states are screwed, forever. But on the other hand, something like OC legalization probably has to go through many failed attempts before any success. If Tx can pass it as an amendment, that's probably the best thing that can happen for OC in Fl too.

j4l

Dont forget about they "Know Whats Best For You".
Florida aint the only place that has problem a with the NRA screwing up pro gun legislation. Even without opposition, the NRA wants to compromise everything to the point its worthless.
Their real good at dragging stuff out so they can constantly ask members for more money. :mad:

Exactly. What's every single thing we, as members (former), or even potential recruited members, ever see or hear from them? Money. Donate, join, etc. Every event, every email, every newsletter, always with the hands out-stretched.
They certainly did some good, once upon a time, but they've lost just about all their credibility with me of late.
They've gone from a lobby/advocate outfit, to a corporate cash vacuum that turns out little real progress or results.

"just give us the monety, no, dont worry about it, we're working on it, but you arent our priority right now, but keep sending the money"

Last edited:

j4l

I thought I'd heard/read somewhere that it was already pretty much dead there?
Would be nice if they could get it, but.. looks like they're getting shafted just as hard as we are.
Co-ordinated opposition,perhaps? hmmmmmm

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I thought I'd heard/read somewhere that it was already pretty much dead there?
Would be nice if they could get it, but.. looks like they're getting shafted just as hard as we are.
Co-ordinated opposition,perhaps? hmmmmmm

My money is on the NRA sabotaging it very, very secretly. They know we're not happy with them already.

j4l

Just came back in from mowing/law work OC'ing.. def. got me thinking about a flap rig-if even just for this. ,maybe that'll cover the pistol a bit better-so it doesnt get so dirty/dusty by all that getting kicked up on the tractor..
Lot of dust makes it's way into/around the hammer area- not a biggie, cleans right out, but....
REMINDS ME- IX, ill get that link for you on the flap holsters.

http://www.pacificcanvasandleather.com/holsters.htm