• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC 1851 Colt Navy

Ron67

I oc'd my 1851 BlackPowder yesterday, and , since it has a 7.5" barrel, I carry it crossdraw...My wife and I went grocery shopping at Wal-Mart in Ashland, went to eat at Arbys before that, then we went to Target on Staples Mill...no issues at all, just a few looks is all...very good day!

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
I thought Colt Navys were properly carried in pairs. So long as it makes one satisfied there is nothing wrong with carrying antiques or replicas.

jrhoney

I used to carry my 1860 Colt after I turned 18 but before I turned 21. It was the only handgun I owned and it was comforting knowing I could feel safe living on my own for the first time. Six .454 lead balls over a charge of pyrodex was nice to have on my belt in a new city.
Now I carry an FNP-45 but its still a .45 :D

Last edited: