• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc at Bowtie on Boulevard - MOVIELAND AT BOULEVARD SQUARE, Richmond

Ron67

Last thursday I went to see the..new Thor movie at Movieland on the boulevard. I oc'd my 1873 .45 with no issues...maybe because it was an early show, very little crowd, and I was by myself had something to do with it...I had heard of people having problems there, but I didn't..

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Last thursday I went to see the..new Thor movie at Movieland on the boulevard. I oc'd my 1873 .45 with no issues...maybe because it was an early show, very little crowd, and I was by myself had something to do with it...I had heard of people having problems there, but I didn't..

Ron, if you go back and look at the posts I made about OC'ing at the Bow Tie, Curtis,, myself and a couple of others were asked not to OC (Privately the Manger said CC was fine).

That led to several weeks of discussions with the home office. They finally decided in a very indecisive way to not allow carry in the theaters anywhere in the country.

I boycotted them for at least a year but also checked for signs and none appeared.

Recently, I have gone to see two movies and true to my policy, OC'ed but carried smaller guns than I normally do. The last time I actually said hello to the manager that we originally spoke to.

Not a word was said about my gun.

So... for the record, they are anti. The location is NOT posted so they will have to ask you to leave. I don't think they want to stir the fire again but that's just a guess.

If you OC there, expect to be asked to leave and be thankful if you are not.

SicSemperTyrannis

Ron, if you go back and look at the posts I made about OC'ing at the Bow Tie, Curtis,, myself and a couple of others were asked not to OC (Privately the Manger said CC was fine).

That led to several weeks of discussions with the home office. They finally decided in a very indecisive way to not allow carry in the theaters anywhere in the country.

I boycotted them for at least a year but also checked for signs and none appeared.

Recently, I have gone to see two movies and true to my policy, OC'ed but carried smaller guns than I normally do. The last time I actually said hello to the manager that we originally spoke to.

Not a word was said about my gun.

So... for the record, they are anti. The location is NOT posted so they will have to ask you to leave. I don't think they want to stir the fire again but that's just a guess.

If you OC there, expect to be asked to leave and be thankful if you are not.

I open carried there about two weeks ago with my 7 year old niece (dreadful movie). It was an early show - around 4pm-ish. I was carrying a revolver (.357). No one said anything, although I can only be sure that the usher saw me. Not sure if it matters, but I was holding a smiling 7 year olds hand...