Thread: WTMJ,Jeff Wagner's Response To Our Emails.....

Exclamation WTMJ,Jeff Wagner's Response To Our Emails.....

http://www.620wtmj.com/shows/jeffwagner/122424504.html

snip: "A lot of the same folks who are pushing "Constitutional carry" are also pushing the "open carry" concept. These are the people who, seizing on some language in a recent State Supreme Court opinion, have taken to wearing sidearms in public as an expression of their "rights".

It seems to me that if you have to wear a pistol while you're cutting your lawn, you need to move to a better neighborhood. If you need to carry a gun into a coffee shop to get the attention of the waitress, you should tip better."

Wow, what a bunch of tripe!

So I guess crime never happened in "safe" neighborhoods. Like my friend who lives in Brookfield, had his door opened up in the middle of the day. Even in my town, there is crime: http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/wi/sussex/crime/

Also, if a crime happened to you, do you want to be a statistic or be able to defend yourself?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I'm doing my part,

ignoring the entire AM band..

I'm doing my part... ignoring mass media. All of it!
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Bah, I agree with you, no more listening to AM Radio unless it's Nik Clark pointing out all the flaws in the oppositions cannon fodder. Way to go Nik!
    Join Wisconsin Carry today, defend your rights!

Wisconsin Carry member since March, 2011

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson

He's right that it is only the fringe of the pro-gun movement that openly carries. He is also right that most people that can carry will not. I think that's OK.

The other part that he is somewhat right about is the average person's perception of a regular citizen openly carrying. It scares people to see someone they don't have labeled as a person that "should" have a gun openly carrying one. I doubt there will ever be enough of you guys openly carrying to change the public view into the common Arizona's residents view, but I doubt most people carry to change perception. I would think it's more about personal liberties.

He's certainly a bit confused about the law though. It is perfectly OK for any private citizen that is not a felon to own a machine gun. You pay the extra tax, and your good to go. He's absolutely right that a person should be trained to use a firearm before they carry it in public, but the required training classes are a joke.

He's also using terms like "Saturday Night Special" which I though was only used be liberals. Hmmm, makes ya wonder.

a handful of hard-core gun guys
    Guess he didn't get my email.

a fringe element of the pro-gun movement
    He still doesn't get it. Constitutional Carry has wide support in WI.
    And there's no evidence from other CC states that it causes any problems.
    Why would so many permit states be moving to CC if there were problems?
    If there aren't problems, then we don't need laws to prevent them.
    Besides, no gun-control law has been shown to reduce crime, accidents, or suicide. (CDC 2003, NAS 2004)

it strikes me as being absurd to legally allow someone to carry a concealed weapon without some basic assurance that they know how to use it...
    some basic assurance that they know one end from the other
    It's pretty easy: you grip the part that looks like a handhold, & the hole at the other end points at the attacker. Without gripping the part that looks like a handhold, it's not easy to fire a bullet at your attacker (or yourself, though possible).
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Jeff who? AM620 what?

next million dollar idea, a Glock 19 with built in AM/FM receiver and headphone jack... think of the irony.

added on edit: Jeff writes "For almost twenty years now, I've advocated for a reasonable expansion of firearm rights in Wisconsin." But what he fails to recognize is that our inalienably rights do not expand or contract. They are either exercised freely or they are infringed upon. To advocate for "reasonable expansion of firearm rights" is a cheap way to say I think you should be allowed to hunt. I'll be clear Jeff, firearms do not require rights.

Oh, and the permit thingy? When you can round up all the criminals to ensure that they apply for the same permit, then we'd be making some headway, but until then any law requiring Law Abiding Citizens to register, pay a tax, and train is an infringement.

Why is this so hard to understand?
    Last edited by IcrewUH60; 05-24-2011 at 12:18 PM. Reason: rant added
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

I earned an "Expert Medal" in 1974 at the age of seventeen. I was good enough to help protect the rights of the U.S. then, and still am now! IT'S AN ARMY THING.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Sounds like Wagner's a FUD. I believe in the 2nd amendment...But...blah blah..blah restrictions, rules, safety, training....blah....
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Ya Jeff, no reason to wear your sidearm while home cutting your grass nor in the house......

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-201...asp?S=14703461

Nope, no reason at all Jeff.
    Last edited by comp45acp; 05-24-2011 at 08:37 PM. Reason: One link didn't show
    Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

For some reason couldn't post 2 links in previous post

Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by comp45acp View Post
    Ya Jeff, no reason to wear your sidearm while home cutting your grass nor in the house......

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-201...asp?S=14703461

Nope, no reason at all Jeff.
    All I can say is???
    The way you wander is the way you choose!
    The way that you wander is the way that you choose,
    The day that you tarry, is the day that you lose!

Quote Originally Posted by wild boar View Post
    I earned an "Expert Medal" in 1974 at the age of seventeen. I was good enough to help protect the rights of the U.S. then, and still am now! IT'S AN ARMY THING.
    I "earned" "Expert" in all firearms in 1970 at the age of 18 or 19. I've also been "certified" in 2 states as a Hunter Safety Instructor and have 12 shooting trophies. Which bureaucrat sitting in Madison is going to decide who REALLY needs training?

I know, just make all of us pay! There is no "needs training" issue at all. It's a "wants cash" issue!
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

Quote Originally Posted by comp45acp View Post
    Police are now asking for your help in finding the men responsible.
    what? what? what? Now they're asking for our help? Why aren't they asking us to help *prevent* these kind of shenanigans?

Sounds reactive, not proactive. So who's ultimately responsible for keeping the bad guys out of our homes? The Police?

The suspects fled before police arrived. Madison PD K-9 units searched the area around the home, but didn't find anything.
    Epic fail.

To borrow a phrase from Jeff, I'll bet it was just a "kook fringe" group of bad guys. Most bad guys are very well behaved and don't just go breaking into people homes
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com