• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WTMJ,Jeff Wagner's Response To Our Emails.....

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
http://www.620wtmj.com/shows/jeffwagner/122424504.html

snip: "A lot of the same folks who are pushing "Constitutional carry" are also pushing the "open carry" concept. These are the people who, seizing on some language in a recent State Supreme Court opinion, have taken to wearing sidearms in public as an expression of their "rights".

It seems to me that if you have to wear a pistol while you're cutting your lawn, you need to move to a better neighborhood. If you need to carry a gun into a coffee shop to get the attention of the waitress, you should tip better."

Wow, what a bunch of tripe!

protias

So I guess crime never happened in "safe" neighborhoods. Like my friend who lives in Brookfield, had his door opened up in the middle of the day. Even in my town, there is crime: http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/wi/sussex/crime/

Also, if a crime happened to you, do you want to be a statistic or be able to defend yourself?

Pyro01

Bah, I agree with you, no more listening to AM Radio unless it's Nik Clark pointing out all the flaws in the oppositions cannon fodder. Way to go Nik!

cleveland

He's right that it is only the fringe of the pro-gun movement that openly carries. He is also right that most people that can carry will not. I think that's OK.

The other part that he is somewhat right about is the average person's perception of a regular citizen openly carrying. It scares people to see someone they don't have labeled as a person that "should" have a gun openly carrying one. I doubt there will ever be enough of you guys openly carrying to change the public view into the common Arizona's residents view, but I doubt most people carry to change perception. I would think it's more about personal liberties.

He's certainly a bit confused about the law though. It is perfectly OK for any private citizen that is not a felon to own a machine gun. You pay the extra tax, and your good to go. He's absolutely right that a person should be trained to use a firearm before they carry it in public, but the required training classes are a joke.

He's also using terms like "Saturday Night Special" which I though was only used be liberals. Hmmm, makes ya wonder.

MKEgal

a handful of hard-core gun guys
Guess he didn't get my email.

a fringe element of the pro-gun movement
He still doesn't get it. Constitutional Carry has wide support in WI.
And there's no evidence from other CC states that it causes any problems.
Why would so many permit states be moving to CC if there were problems?
If there aren't problems, then we don't need laws to prevent them.
Besides, no gun-control law has been shown to reduce crime, accidents, or suicide. (CDC 2003, NAS 2004)

it strikes me as being absurd to legally allow someone to carry a concealed weapon without some basic assurance that they know how to use it...
some basic assurance that they know one end from the other
It's pretty easy: you grip the part that looks like a handhold, & the hole at the other end points at the attacker. Without gripping the part that looks like a handhold, it's not easy to fire a bullet at your attacker (or yourself, though possible).

IcrewUH60

Jeff who? AM620 what?

next million dollar idea, a Glock 19 with built in AM/FM receiver and headphone jack... think of the irony.

added on edit: Jeff writes "For almost twenty years now, I've advocated for a reasonable expansion of firearm rights in Wisconsin." But what he fails to recognize is that our inalienably rights do not expand or contract. They are either exercised freely or they are infringed upon. To advocate for "reasonable expansion of firearm rights" is a cheap way to say I think you should be allowed to hunt. I'll be clear Jeff, firearms do not require rights.

Oh, and the permit thingy? When you can round up all the criminals to ensure that they apply for the same permit, then we'd be making some headway, but until then any law requiring Law Abiding Citizens to register, pay a tax, and train is an infringement.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Last edited:

wild boar

I earned an "Expert Medal" in 1974 at the age of seventeen. I was good enough to help protect the rights of the U.S. then, and still am now! IT'S AN ARMY THING.

comp45acp

Ya Jeff, no reason to wear your sidearm while home cutting your grass nor in the house......

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-20...tp://www.wkow.com/Global/story.asp?S=14703461

Nope, no reason at all Jeff.

Last edited:

theoicarry

Ya Jeff, no reason to wear your sidearm while home cutting your grass nor in the house......

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-20...tp://www.wkow.com/Global/story.asp?S=14703461

Nope, no reason at all Jeff.

All I can say is???
The way you wander is the way you choose!

Krusty

I earned an "Expert Medal" in 1974 at the age of seventeen. I was good enough to help protect the rights of the U.S. then, and still am now! IT'S AN ARMY THING.

I "earned" "Expert" in all firearms in 1970 at the age of 18 or 19. I've also been "certified" in 2 states as a Hunter Safety Instructor and have 12 shooting trophies. Which bureaucrat sitting in Madison is going to decide who REALLY needs training?

I know, just make all of us pay! There is no "needs training" issue at all. It's a "wants cash" issue!

IcrewUH60

Police are now asking for your help in finding the men responsible.

what? what? what? Now they're asking for our help? Why aren't they asking us to help *prevent* these kind of shenanigans?

Sounds reactive, not proactive. So who's ultimately responsible for keeping the bad guys out of our homes? The Police?

The suspects fled before police arrived. Madison PD K-9 units searched the area around the home, but didn't find anything.

Epic fail.

To borrow a phrase from Jeff, I'll bet it was just a "kook fringe" group of bad guys. Most bad guys are very well behaved and don't just go breaking into people homes :banghead: