Thread: About those King County firearms....

About those King County firearms....

Whew! Missing King County Sheriff’s guns not linked to ‘Gunrunner!’

King County Sheriff’s Department spokesman John Urquhart confirmed this morning that the agency cannot account for 113 of its firearms, but the good news is that none of the missing guns has ever showed up at a crime scene.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...to-gunrunner-1

Some of these firearms have been unaccounted for according to some sources for over 30 years. I wonder how many Deputies just took them with them when the retired or went to other departments. How many made the transition to departments that were previously served by Sheriff's Deputies and then formed their own Police Departments with the Deputies merely making a lateral transfer into the new department.

Why is it that Government prides itself on keeping track of parking and traffic tickets forever and yet their Police Departments can't do likewise with their firearms?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Follow the money

What money does the county collect from the piss poor police pistol placement penalties?

It would be interesting to see what guns are missing. Are they unusually valuable or desirable compared to the rest of the guns they have stored? The fact that none have been used in crimes strongly suggests theft by LEOs.

Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    It would be interesting to see what guns are missing. Are they unusually valuable or desirable compared to the rest of the guns they have stored? The fact that none have been used in crimes strongly suggests theft by LEOs.
    The article intimated that "Most" were Remington 870's and a good number may be in the Deputies possession, still, after the transition to patrol rifles.

Still raises numerous questions about record keeping. If they were disposed of to FFL's a serial number check might clear quite a few.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Bah, just cops putting guns in the hands of criminals.

Nothing new to report there.

Oh wait, maybe officers just 'forgot' about them during their retirement process. Kept a little memento of their service. In which case, imho, the first line of my post still applies.
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 05-23-2011 at 09:06 PM.