• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

About those King County firearms....

amlevin

Some of these firearms have been unaccounted for according to some sources for over 30 years. I wonder how many Deputies just took them with them when the retired or went to other departments. How many made the transition to departments that were previously served by Sheriff's Deputies and then formed their own Police Departments with the Deputies merely making a lateral transfer into the new department.

Why is it that Government prides itself on keeping track of parking and traffic tickets forever and yet their Police Departments can't do likewise with their firearms?

FamilyMan

Follow the money

What money does the county collect from the piss poor police pistol placement penalties?

randian

It would be interesting to see what guns are missing. Are they unusually valuable or desirable compared to the rest of the guns they have stored? The fact that none have been used in crimes strongly suggests theft by LEOs.

amlevin

It would be interesting to see what guns are missing. Are they unusually valuable or desirable compared to the rest of the guns they have stored? The fact that none have been used in crimes strongly suggests theft by LEOs.

The article intimated that "Most" were Remington 870's and a good number may be in the Deputies possession, still, after the transition to patrol rifles.

Still raises numerous questions about record keeping. If they were disposed of to FFL's a serial number check might clear quite a few.

Dave_pro2a

Bah, just cops putting guns in the hands of criminals.

Nothing new to report there.

Oh wait, maybe officers just 'forgot' about them during their retirement process. Kept a little memento of their service. In which case, imho, the first line of my post still applies.

Last edited: