• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Favorite quotes that you want to share.

zack991

No matter the topic, if it will make a person think outside their bubble then post it.

A skeleton would make sense. It's has no face, no race, no age and no religious denomination, it judges and is judged by it's actions. If there is one thing EVERYBODY has, it's a skeleton, a spine on the other hand could be debatable for some people-Random Hero

Common sense is not a lesson you can learn, either your born with it or your not -Theophilus

Entitlement programs are forced charity at the point of a gun -Ronin

The American School System is the biggest threat to America itself, along with apathetic parents -Ronin

The greatest trick the Government ever pulled was convincing the people it wasn't the Devil -Ronin

It is when people assume they are the freest, that they are enslaved. It is when people think they have no reason to dissent, that they lose their right to do so.-- Lycaon

Last edited:

eye95

"The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but time and chance happeneth to them all." Ecclesiastes.

1Grizzly1

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. I may get Killed
with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, cause
it's going to be empty."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

"Shoot what's available, as long as it's available, until something else
becomes available."

Dreamer

"A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a witty person, but a pebble in the hands of a fool. "
-- Author Unknown

"The significant problems of our time cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them."
-- Albert Einstein

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."
--A. A. Milne

"The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists."
--Charles Dickens

"An honest man can feel no pleasure in the exercise of power over his fellow citizens."
--Thomas Jefferson

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
-- Jimi Hendrix

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

Don't get mad, Don't get even, Collect Interest. ME.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with the unarmed. Unknown.

END_THE_FED

I dont know if i would say these are my "favorite" but here is a few that I like.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design." — Friedrich von Hayek

'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.- Friedrich Von Hayek

Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order.- Friedrich Von Hayek

If one rejects laissez faire on account of mans fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.- Ludwig Von Mises

“It’s as if we still believe that money can be grown on trees, and we don’t stop to realize that if it did grow on trees, it would take on the value of leaves in the fall, to be either mulched or bagged and put in a landfill. That is to say, it would be worthless.” - Dr. Ron Paul.

Society in every state is a blessing, but government, even in its best state is but a necessary evil, in its worst state an intolerable one; for when we suffer, or are exposed to the same miseries by a government, which we might expect in a country without government, our calamities are heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer! - Thomas Paine

It is apparent from the whole context of the Constitution, as well as the history of the times which gave birth to it, that it was the purpose of the Convention to establish a currency consisting of the precious metals. These, from their peculiar properties which rendered them the standard of value in all other countries, were adopted in this as well to establish its commercial standard in reference to foreign countries by a permanent rule as to exclude the use of a mutable medium of exchange, such as of certain agricultural commodities recognized by the statutes of some States as a tender for debts, or the still more pernicious expedient of a paper currency. - Andrew Jackson.​

Last edited:

Waterborne

A favorite of mine that my father says all the time. "You're either part of the solution, or you're part of the pavement."

Last edited:

jbozz300

My Dad always used to say "Want in one hand, crap in the other, and see which one fills up faster":shocker:

Course I was a kid wanting something from him.

jbone

"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

mark-in-texas

Nothing is 'fool proof' to the sufficiently talented fool.

There are few problems in life that can't be solved with the judicious use of high explosives.

SFCRetired

"It's easy to grin
when your ship's come in
And the world's all aglow.
But the man worth his while
Is the man who can smile
When his shorts creep up in a knot!!":lol:

"Friendly fire isn't."

And my all time favorite:

"It is not your job to die for your country. It is to make the other poor S.O.B. die for his!" General George S. Patton.

Like him or hate him, Patton was one of the finest tacticians of that era.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
"The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is bearing arms." -- General George S. Patton Jr.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." -- General George S. Patton Jr.

"The only good enemy is a dead enemy." -- General George S. Patton Jr.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected. They can exercise their pacifism because they are sheltered by those who would defend them."
-- - Unkown

"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-- John Stuart Mill

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it." -- Clint Smith

".308 ... because people have a strange tendency to get behind things when you start shooting at them."" -- Unknown

DontTreadOnMeVa

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin cutting throats.
H. L. Mencken

"Most self-described "pacifists" are not pacific; they simply assume false
colors. When the wind changes, they hoist the Jolly Roger." -- Robert
Heinlein

"Its not who's right, but who's left."
-Ed Parker

He who hesitates, meditates in the horizontal positon.
-Ed Parker

Good men must die, but death cannot kill their names.
Spanish Proverb

A man's first care should be to avoid the reproaches of his own heart, his next to escape the censures of the world.
English Proverb

He who puts up with insult invites injury.

It is a mistake to look too far ahead. Only one link in the chain
of destiny can be handled at one time.
----Winston Churchill

A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
-- C.S. Lewis

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself" --Mark Twain

zack991

"There is no doubt in my mind that millions of lives could have been saved if the people were not "brainwashed" about gun ownership and had been well armed. ... Gun haters always want to forget the Warsaw Ghetto uprising, which is a perfect example of how a ragtag, half-starved group of Jews took 10 handguns and made asses out of the Nazis."

-Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

"If you're not shootin', you should be loadin'. If you're not loadin', you should be movin'. If you're not movin', someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick."

-Clint Smith

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands, which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

-Samuel Adams

Freedom First

I don't have short quotes...

"Power is always gradually stealing away from the many to the few, because the few are more vigilant and consistent; it still contracts to a smaller number, till in time it centers in a single person. Thus all the forms of governments instituted among mankind, perpetually tend towards monarchy; and power, however diffused through the whole community, is by negligence or corruption, commotion or distress, reposed at last in the chief magistrate."
Samuel Johnson: Adventurer #45 (March 27, 1753)

In these sentiments, Sir, I agree to this Constitution with all its faults, if they are such; because I think a general Government necessary for us, and there is no form of Government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered, and believe farther that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in Despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so (morally) corrupted as to need despotic Government, being incapable of any other.”
Benjamin Franklin: Letter on the faults of the Constitution, 1787?

Just look around...