• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My introduction!

T Mack

Hello everyone my name is Richard, I was born and raised in Southwest Detroit currently residing in Livonia. I'm almost 39.
I'm a 15 year skilled tradesman Electrician for Ford Motor Company and have a cpl.
Im really interested in open carrying and would rather open carry but kinda afraid too!!
I'm here to learn and try and help out if that's all possible.
That is all!!!!! :banana:

Motofixxer

Welcome aboard, my first suggestion would be to educate and acquaint yourself with the legal aspects of carrying. Feel free to check out the link in my signature to find access to lots of valuable info. Some is state specific but most is not.
Use the search function, and feel free to ask questions. There are lot's of very knowledgeable people onboard.

Last edited:

T Mack

stainless1911

Banned
Don't worry, there will be other opportunities to meet up.

Watch this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE&feature=related

it will serve you well, then go spend some time in the stickies. Find the carry chart, MSP # 86, and read malignity's open carry guide thread sticky. Oh, and dont be afraid to OC, its a tremendous advantage to you, both tactically, and for you politically, OC is the best way to preserve and promote your rights. Many of us have been thanked by folks at random for openly carrying.

Scooter

Hello everyone my name is Richard, I was born and raised in Southwest Detroit currently residing in Livonia. I'm almost 39.
I'm a 15 year skilled tradesman Electrician for Ford Motor Company and have a cpl.
Im really interested in open carrying and would rather open carry but kinda afraid too!!
I'm here to learn and try and help out if that's all possible.
That is all!!!!! :banana:

Welcome! I too, work for Ford Motor Company (16 years soon) I have been OCing for about 3 years now. Never a problem! I started out OCing in my 'hood with my wife and kids on our daily walks and just went from there. Remember: you are being completely LAWFUL when you OC! Be confident in your rights!
This is an incredible site filled with great info and greater people, read, read, read and ask questions!
Scott/Scooter

T Mack

Don't worry, there will be other opportunities to meet up.

Watch this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE&feature=related

it will serve you well, then go spend some time in the stickies. Find the carry chart, MSP # 86, and read malignity's open carry guide thread sticky. Oh, and dont be afraid to OC, its a tremendous advantage to you, both tactically, and for you politically, OC is the best way to preserve and promote your rights. Many of us have been thanked by folks at random for openly carrying.
Wow that was a good read and very informative.. What blew me away was the grocery store or restaurants that serve alcohol being prohibited? I have been CC in places like applebees red robin and local grocery stores and that is illegal? Oh my? Oops!
Also where can I get some of the informational cards to carry? Thanks a lot
stainless 1911

T Mack

Welcome! I too, work for Ford Motor Company (16 years soon) I have been OCing for about 3 years now. Never a problem! I started out OCing in my 'hood with my wife and kids on our daily walks and just went from there. Remember: you are being completely LAWFUL when you OC! Be confident in your rights!
This is an incredible site filled with great info and greater people, read, read, read and ask questions!
Scott/Scooter
Hey Scooter! I'm at the Dearborn Truck Plant ( Body Shop)
I have been read read reading!!! So much info I'm on over load!!!
I'm trying to retain the most important stuff like if approached - am I being detained if no go!! If yes ask what crime or reasonable suspicion am I being detained? Did I get that right? And also keep my mouth shut and say direct all questions to my attorney.!

kryptonian

hey t mack. need a training wheels outing with another open carrier? i'll go with you. pm me. helps to go with another that knows the ropes. builds confidence. let me know. i live in walled lake area.

stainless1911

Banned
You have a CPL now so you dobnt have to worry about the grocery store selling alcohol anymore, CC and OC are both fine. You cant CC in a place that makes most of its income from alcohol sales. When in doubt, rock it out.

Pocket cards are here:

http://www.miopencarry.org/?q=node/12

Carry chart here :

scan0003-1.jpg