Thread: SB 234 when does it go into effect?

SB 234 when does it go into effect?

When does it go into effect?

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    When does it go into effect?
    As of today, none of the gun bills have made it to the Governor, yet.

I hope never.

Cheers

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by swatpamike View Post
    I hope never.

Cheers

Mike
    +1, I hope he vetoes this perversion. They turned the OC Bill into a weapon against CC, and preserved the OC ban. It is not only a failure to pass OC, it is an outrageous assault against those of us who CC. And they're hiding it behind the 'protect accidental exposure' line of bull...

Subjectivity in law NEVER gets used to the Citizen's benefit. Creating subjectivity where there previously was none is not a protection, it is an attack. Bogdanoff has shown her true colors as a RINO gun-hater. She called OCers several unpleasant names. I hope she gets hit by a bus. Even Feinstein is more respectable; she's honest about her agenda.

Bogdanoff ranks on the lowest 5 politicians I have ever seen or heard of. Perhaps also in the lowest 5 forms of life ever to exist. EVER.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by swatpamike View Post
    I hope never.

Cheers

Mike
    +1(000)
    I hope it doesn't make it. If it does, I hope he vetoes it and tells the 'RINO-reseve' senate to send him a real bill to sign.
    Only two ways we have a chance to get real OC in the next few years.
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*'Phoenix'*~ View Post
    +1(000)
    I hope it doesn't make it. If it does, I hope he vetoes it and tells the 'RINO-reseve' senate to send him a real bill to sign.
    Only two ways we have a chance to get real OC in the next few years.
    Been reading up on the activities of the senate, unrelated to OC. Wow, these people suck. We'd undoubtedly be better off if the state government just abdicated 99% of its authority to the market. Government is truly the highest expression of human wickedness and folly.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    That every person has a right to keep and carry arms capable of being carried by an individual whether openly or concealed shall never be questioned. Any law that imposes a check, fee, license, or permit to buy, sell, keep or carry arms is void upon passage except that nothing will prohibit the regulation of carrying arms into publicly owned buildings, which buildings require a screening process for arms at all entrances and maintain armed security personnel at all entrances.
    Now THAT'S a good gun law. Maybe we should amend the 2nd amendment to include that at the end...
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Originally Posted by 77zach
    That every person has a right to keep and carry arms capable of being carried by an individual whether openly or concealed shall never be questioned. Any law that imposes a check, fee, license, or permit to buy, sell, keep or carry arms is void upon passage except that nothing will prohibit the regulation of carrying arms into publicly owned buildings, which buildings require a screening process for arms at all entrances and maintain armed security personnel at all entrances.
    From where does this quote originate? - clicking on the icon does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*'Phoenix'*~ View Post
    Now THAT'S a good gun law. Maybe we should amend the 2nd amendment to include that at the end...
    Why would you want to ban guns in publicly owned buildings? In Virginia we carry in all but a few publicly owned properties i.e. jails, actual courts are amongst the few exceptions. We carry in city halls, libraries, police stations, General Assembly Bldg and the state Capital Bldg.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    From where does this quote originate? - clicking on the icon does nothing.

Why would you want to ban guns in publicly owned buildings? In Virginia we carry in all but a few publicly owned properties i.e. jails, actual courts are amongst the few exceptions. We carry in city halls, libraries, police stations, General Assembly Bldg and the state Capital Bldg.
    The quote is a zach original, what I would like the Fl constitution to read. It doesn't say guns must be banned from public buildings, but the circumstances in which they MAY be regulated. Unfortunately my signature was limited to 500 characters, otherwise I could just list jails and places like that. lol. I don't think you can carry into courthouses or prisons or public schools in VA. Of course, you should be able to carry at schools.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Been reading up on the activities of the senate, unrelated to OC. Wow, these people suck. We'd undoubtedly be better off if the state government just abdicated 99% of its authority to the market. Government is truly the highest expression of human wickedness and folly.
    Do you begin to see ,now, why some of us are taking steps to replace some of it' players?