• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 234 when does it go into effect?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I hope never.

Cheers

Mike

+1, I hope he vetoes this perversion. They turned the OC Bill into a weapon against CC, and preserved the OC ban. It is not only a failure to pass OC, it is an outrageous assault against those of us who CC. And they're hiding it behind the 'protect accidental exposure' line of bull...

Subjectivity in law NEVER gets used to the Citizen's benefit. Creating subjectivity where there previously was none is not a protection, it is an attack. Bogdanoff has shown her true colors as a RINO gun-hater. She called OCers several unpleasant names. I hope she gets hit by a bus. Even Feinstein is more respectable; she's honest about her agenda.

Bogdanoff ranks on the lowest 5 politicians I have ever seen or heard of. Perhaps also in the lowest 5 forms of life ever to exist. EVER.

77zach

+1(000)
I hope it doesn't make it. If it does, I hope he vetoes it and tells the 'RINO-reseve' senate to send him a real bill to sign.
Only two ways we have a chance to get real OC in the next few years.

Been reading up on the activities of the senate, unrelated to OC. Wow, these people suck. We'd undoubtedly be better off if the state government just abdicated 99% of its authority to the market. Government is truly the highest expression of human wickedness and folly.

~*'Phoenix'*~

That every person has a right to keep and carry arms capable of being carried by an individual whether openly or concealed shall never be questioned. Any law that imposes a check, fee, license, or permit to buy, sell, keep or carry arms is void upon passage except that nothing will prohibit the regulation of carrying arms into publicly owned buildings, which buildings require a screening process for arms at all entrances and maintain armed security personnel at all entrances.

Now THAT'S a good gun law. Maybe we should amend the 2nd amendment to include that at the end...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by 77zach
That every person has a right to keep and carry arms capable of being carried by an individual whether openly or concealed shall never be questioned. Any law that imposes a check, fee, license, or permit to buy, sell, keep or carry arms is void upon passage except that nothing will prohibit the regulation of carrying arms into publicly owned buildings, which buildings require a screening process for arms at all entrances and maintain armed security personnel at all entrances.

From where does this quote originate? - clicking on the icon does nothing.

Now THAT'S a good gun law. Maybe we should amend the 2nd amendment to include that at the end...

Why would you want to ban guns in publicly owned buildings? In Virginia we carry in all but a few publicly owned properties i.e. jails, actual courts are amongst the few exceptions. We carry in city halls, libraries, police stations, General Assembly Bldg and the state Capital Bldg.

77zach

From where does this quote originate? - clicking on the icon does nothing.

Why would you want to ban guns in publicly owned buildings? In Virginia we carry in all but a few publicly owned properties i.e. jails, actual courts are amongst the few exceptions. We carry in city halls, libraries, police stations, General Assembly Bldg and the state Capital Bldg.

The quote is a zach original, what I would like the Fl constitution to read. It doesn't say guns must be banned from public buildings, but the circumstances in which they MAY be regulated. Unfortunately my signature was limited to 500 characters, otherwise I could just list jails and places like that. lol. I don't think you can carry into courthouses or prisons or public schools in VA. Of course, you should be able to carry at schools.

j4l

Been reading up on the activities of the senate, unrelated to OC. Wow, these people suck. We'd undoubtedly be better off if the state government just abdicated 99% of its authority to the market. Government is truly the highest expression of human wickedness and folly.

Do you begin to see ,now, why some of us are taking steps to replace some of it' players?