Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: St. Joseph for the next KC Area Meet 'n Greet?

St. Joseph for the next KC Area Meet 'n Greet?

Is anyone opposed to coming to St. Joseph for the next get together? I think it'd really do us some good to show the local law enforcement that we aren't confrontational, that we know our rights and that we're here to stay!
    "Before all else, be armed." -Nicolo Machiavelli

I'm not opposed to coming to St.Joe......

I can do St. Joe. Wheres a good local place to eat?
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Unfortunately I will be in St. Louis that weekend. I will miss this one but will make the next one.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!

St. Joseph meeting, cant think of a better place at the moment, I will be there.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

I've got no problem with St. Joe, possibly with the addition of a carpool... I don't know any good places to eat though.

I'm trying not to frustrated with that other thread. I meant no disrespect to the AZ boys, but I don't think they'd believe me if I said it. Truth is, I'd LOVE to live in Arizona...

Anyway, I'm coming up with a list of places to gather in St. Joe. If you all would rather have a little more notice, we can push it out until July and make sure we get a larger turnout. I know that I won't be able to travel in July because my little boy is expected to come into this world then! So, now or then, here or there. I don't care. You all just let me know what'd be better for you.

Is anyone going to send Officer Tonn and his direct supervisor Sgt Smith a personal invitation to attend your meet and greet in St Joe?
    Last edited by 9026543; 05-24-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    Is anyone going to send Officer Tonn and his direct supervisor Sgt Smith a personal invitation to attend your meet and greet in St Joe?
    Lol, that would be funny, but I don't know if it would be a good idea. If we could make it seem very professional it might be worth doing.

Throw in there something about promoting friendship and familiarity with the OC group and local LEOs. A LEO and community outreach get together. Etc.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Quote Originally Posted by ChiangShih View Post
    Lol, that would be funny, but I don't know if it would be a good idea. If we could make it seem very professional it might be worth doing.
    I've suggested we do a meet n greet with local PD before. Agreed everyone would have to be extremely professional, but no big deal, I think. Just to eliminate some of the ... Not animosity ... Unfamiliarity.
    An individual should not choose the caliber, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong

Was planning on making the drive for this one but I can't make it to St. Joe. That's three hours. See you guys at the next one, I miss it.

There are some very nice local eateries in St. Joe. I'm curious to see what everyone's particular tastes prefer. And I'm trying to keep it wallet savvy, so suggestions are welcome...

BBQ, Cajun (personal fave), Burgers, Seafood, Chain-style (anyone ever been to Cheddar's? AWESOME!), Breakfast...you tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy View Post
    Was planning on making the drive for this one but I can't make it to St. Joe. That's three hours. See you guys at the next one, I miss it.
    If you can make it to Lee's Summit, you can catch a ride with me.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Quote Originally Posted by ChiangShih View Post
    If you can make it to Lee's Summit, you can catch a ride with me.
    That might just happen. Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know as time gets closer.

Speaking of dates...June 11th...what time are we meeting?

4 pm right?

We could always do Boudreauxs, which is conveniently located 2 blocks from the police station =P BUT If we were to go somewhere on the Belt, such as one of the north shop places, I could have my dads name as backup in case they try to give us crap. He's the belts health inspector, so they all know him well =P
    Last edited by chakragod; 05-27-2011 at 01:41 PM.

I'm in lees summit as well, i think a carpool would be more cost efficient. but i'm up for going as well. i have never been to st. joe so i don't know anything about the place to drive myself...

Boudreaux's was exactly what I was thinking when I said cajun Either that or Cheddar's. Opposite sides of town, but both busy in their own right. And away from school zones and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend BCal View Post
    Boudreaux's was exactly what I was thinking when I said cajun Either that or Cheddar's. Opposite sides of town, but both busy in their own right. And away from school zones and such.
    Cajun is certainly cool with me. And, I like the idea of being by the police station, because I'm perverse that way.

Here's the thang-thang...Boudreaux's is a fave of mine. It's delicious and nutritious (Tastes juuuust like chicken! Fern Gully, anyone?!) but it's definitely on the "fine dining" side of the food chain. I'd hate to have everyone come up and spend an arm and a leg to eat out after spending an arm and a leg at the gas pumps to drive. Geneo's (prounounced Jeen-oh's) is a local pizza place, and they've got great food at your average local pizza shoppe price. I see the owner at my place of work all the time, I'm sure I could ask him how he'd feel about hosting us.

I will submit to the will of the majority. But I really like red beans and rice.

Wink

Cajun sounds good to me.

Boudreaux's it is! Po Boys are awesome. And the burgers are fantastic. I'm partial to the crawfish etoufee. Or the blackened salmon. I feel like such a good den mother!

Boudreaux's it is! Po Boys are awesome. And the burgers are fantastic. I'm partial to the crawfish etoufee. Or the blackened salmon. I feel like such a good den mother!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast