• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St. Joseph for the next KC Area Meet 'n Greet?

Reverend BCal

Is anyone opposed to coming to St. Joseph for the next get together? I think it'd really do us some good to show the local law enforcement that we aren't confrontational, that we know our rights and that we're here to stay!

kcgunfan

I've got no problem with St. Joe, possibly with the addition of a carpool... I don't know any good places to eat though.

Reverend BCal

I'm trying not to frustrated with that other thread. I meant no disrespect to the AZ boys, but I don't think they'd believe me if I said it. Truth is, I'd LOVE to live in Arizona...

Anyway, I'm coming up with a list of places to gather in St. Joe. If you all would rather have a little more notice, we can push it out until July and make sure we get a larger turnout. I know that I won't be able to travel in July because my little boy is expected to come into this world then! So, now or then, here or there. I don't care. You all just let me know what'd be better for you.

Is anyone going to send Officer Tonn and his direct supervisor Sgt Smith a personal invitation to attend your meet and greet in St Joe?

Last edited:

ChiangShih

Is anyone going to send Officer Tonn and his direct supervisor Sgt Smith a personal invitation to attend your meet and greet in St Joe?

Lol, that would be funny, but I don't know if it would be a good idea. If we could make it seem very professional it might be worth doing.

Throw in there something about promoting friendship and familiarity with the OC group and local LEOs. A LEO and community outreach get together. Etc.

afcarry

Lol, that would be funny, but I don't know if it would be a good idea. If we could make it seem very professional it might be worth doing.

I've suggested we do a meet n greet with local PD before. Agreed everyone would have to be extremely professional, but no big deal, I think. Just to eliminate some of the ... Not animosity ... Unfamiliarity.

Big Boy

Was planning on making the drive for this one but I can't make it to St. Joe. That's three hours. See you guys at the next one, I miss it.

Reverend BCal

There are some very nice local eateries in St. Joe. I'm curious to see what everyone's particular tastes prefer. And I'm trying to keep it wallet savvy, so suggestions are welcome...

BBQ, Cajun (personal fave), Burgers, Seafood, Chain-style (anyone ever been to Cheddar's? AWESOME!), Breakfast...you tell me.

ChiangShih

Was planning on making the drive for this one but I can't make it to St. Joe. That's three hours. See you guys at the next one, I miss it.

If you can make it to Lee's Summit, you can catch a ride with me.

chakragod

We could always do Boudreauxs, which is conveniently located 2 blocks from the police station =P BUT If we were to go somewhere on the Belt, such as one of the north shop places, I could have my dads name as backup in case they try to give us crap. He's the belts health inspector, so they all know him well =P

Last edited:

kcgunfan

Boudreaux's was exactly what I was thinking when I said cajun :) Either that or Cheddar's. Opposite sides of town, but both busy in their own right. And away from school zones and such.

Cajun is certainly cool with me. And, I like the idea of being by the police station, because I'm perverse that way.