Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Diego Sat. 28th OC meet. Memorial Day

San Diego Sat. 28th OC meet. Memorial Day

So I found this, was wondering what you guys think about?

http://www.midway.org/veteranswreathceremony

Even if they dont let us on for free, we can enjoy the memorial from Bob Hope park and the Kissing the war goodbye statue. Early start though, 0900 and parking may be a problem..

feedback?
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

I never tried to go on the Midway, mostly because I was in the Navy and had enough of Navy ships to last a life time. I don't think it qualifies as a sensitive location, but don't take my word for it.
    I won't be able to be there that early.
    Last edited by Gundude; 05-24-2011 at 02:34 AM.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

There is also the same day a memorial day outdoor event at trolley center santee, our old stomping ground.

http://www.santeestreetfair.com/

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

I can make the one in Santee.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Im intrigued. Not 100% i can make it but it's possible.
    Also this saturday is the Santee Street Fair http://santeestreetfair.com/
    It is on the road that rings the trolley square.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

Im going to push and lean on Santee as a meet up... Downtown is going to have parking difficulties for sure, and there will be more access to public information sharing and meeting people at Santee.

So lets meet there.

I have looked into the midway before. If memory serves my correct the midway is still U.S. Navy property but operated by the foundation.

Not sure if that helps at all.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

Ok then lets do Santee trolley. Memorial Day so wear your patriotic colors how many can make it?

Chime in so we can get a head count.

new to this

Can you OC at a event like santee street fair?

So Starbucks at 12 noon in the Trolley center. Who is coming????

Put me down for a definate maybe. I have some irons in the fire.

I was going to attend either way. I might as well also UOC.
    I'll be there with my daughter.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

I'm definitely going to be there, see you guys soon.

Dont mean to beat a dead horse but everyone remember their video recorders and back up audio recorders and bring plenty of pamphlets for those who ask for more info.. Dont expect much problem with Sheriffs in Santee they know us pretty well now, but its good to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best.

Remember hearts and minds...

My printer decided to stop printing this morning. Can someone bring some extra flyers for me to hand out.
    Thanks

Count me in, I'll be there.
    "I do not love the sword for its gleam, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory; I love only what they protect."
    — J.R.R. Tolkien

1 E check considering LE had no prewarning we would be there and none of the LEO's present were usuals that we encounter at this town center UOC'ing and know us.

Could have been worse, but I discovered later from a Sheriff Cadet that many probationaries were there (most likely the other than tan uniforms). Afterwards the rest of the day we passed by many of the LEO's and were not hassled, mostly friendly smiles and waves.

We were surrounded by 10 cops. That may be a record.
    Before this, I had a run in with a rent-a-cop. He asked if I had a permit. I told I didn't need one. He called two other rent-a-cops over and suprisingly they knew about UOC and explained it to him. I gave him a pamphlet for his enlightment. I saw him a few minutes later and he was reading it.

well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    1 E check considering LE had no prewarning we would be there and none of the LEO's present were usuals that we encounter at this town center UOC'ing and know us.

Could have been worse, but I discovered later from a Sheriff Cadet that many probationaries were there (most likely the other than tan uniforms). Afterwards the rest of the day we passed by many of the LEO's and were not hassled, mostly friendly smiles and waves.
    hey firemark; i enjoyed the way you all stood up against the 12031E Violations, i was just Proud!
    i study california regularly, and know what you guys have to abide by.
    i wish i knew who all the players were in your vid,
    i know most of the screen names of the players in california,
    but its nice to put names to faces,
    BTW my name is Bob and my avatar is a pic of me.
    The real reason im writing to you now is, your camera has the wrong date!!
    not only is it showing European time stamp, BUT it is one DAY off!
    it said 29/5/11, but it was taken on 28/5/11
    Im a NIT picking fuddy duttier,
    my only recommendation for future encounters would be to point out
    to the cops that, they are "allowed" to conduct a 2031 e check,BUT
    they are never "Required" to conduct the inspection,
    after all two out of three of you were good to go,
    based of your trustworthy testimony that your gun was unloaded!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    hey firemark; i enjoyed the way you all stood up against the 12031E Violations, i was just Proud!
    About the recording devices we use. I have the sunglasses and pen from this site.
    http://spygear.factoryoutletstore.co...FSg1gwoda2_aMw
    The instructions are written by someone that uses English as a second language, so they are all but useless. It took me 3 hrs to figure out how to get mine to work. As for the time/date stamp...good luck on figuring that out. Mine shows July 17, 2008.
    Of course, mine crapped out 1 minute into the (e) check.
    The LEO next to me was stalling, calling the Sargent to come help, because he didn't know how to do an (e) check. I explained to him that he was authorized to check , but it wasn't mandatory. Then I suggested to him that he just check our weapons and we could all be on our way. He hesitated and then started checking. Then they all went off and had a 10 man huddle, and we went on our way.
    Last edited by Gundude; 05-29-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    Yes try as I might, I have spent many hours trying to fix the time stamp software, the company is not helpful with tech support, so FWIW time stamp cant be altered, but the video still works and its very unobtrusive.

In previous encounters, when LE is receptive and patient to conversation, we inform them of many things regarding UOC including: authorized not required, racially biased law, 4th Ammend violation, other states LE have no issue with open carry, etc... In this instance the feeling I got from theses officers was confusion and a strong desire to get the check over with, and stop drawing attention from the crowd. In reality, many of them probably recieved a training memo on how to deal with UOC'rs but many of them couldnt remember the details how to do it, There was even some confusion on their part of the definition of "consent" and "refusal". Thats why it is important to try and read whats going on with the LE and adjust UOC behavior to affect a positive outcome. We could have been harder on them or made it more difficult but in this instance that would have probably steered the incident in a negative direction. To me its important to remember while standing up for your rights, when the situation calls for it, also be an upstanding law abiding citizen and help out LE, dont make their job harder and then resent you... If they are trying to be civil and professional, reciprocate. If however, they are abusing their station and authority then take a different tactic.
    Hearts and minds.

By the way people came up after the check and detainment and were very supportive of how we handled it and wanted to learn more about UOC.

You guys were my designated decoys. While you were getting e-checked by 10 cops i was eating at Oggies with my wife and daughter. Thanks to you i went the whole day without being hassled at all.

or the 2 UOC'rs who came late to the party and were completely missed by LE doin E checks, while the late comers watched from a short distance away.. Apparently all the covering officers forgot to pay attention to their surroundings and any late comers instead they were watching the detainees...

I fumbled over my words a bit in this encounter, but I am getting better at asserting my rights. My wife still thinks I sound like an ******* when I talk to cops.
    "I do not love the sword for its gleam, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory; I love only what they protect."
    — J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Costa View Post
    I fumbled over my words a bit in this encounter, but I am getting better at asserting my rights. My wife still thinks I sound like an ******* when I talk to cops.
    Your wife may be right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast