• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Diego Sat. 28th OC meet. Memorial Day

Firemark

hey firemark; i enjoyed the way you all stood up against the 12031E Violations, i was just Proud!
i study california regularly, and know what you guys have to abide by.
i wish i knew who all the players were in your vid,
i know most of the screen names of the players in california,
but its nice to put names to faces,
BTW my name is Bob and my avatar is a pic of me.
The real reason im writing to you now is, your camera has the wrong date!!
not only is it showing European time stamp, BUT it is one DAY off!
it said 29/5/11, but it was taken on 28/5/11
Im a NIT picking fuddy duttier,
my only recommendation for future encounters would be to point out
to the cops that, they are "allowed" to conduct a 2031 e check,BUT
they are never "Required" to conduct the inspection,
after all two out of three of you were good to go,
based of your trustworthy testimony that your gun was unloaded!

Yes try as I might, I have spent many hours trying to fix the time stamp software, the company is not helpful with tech support, so FWIW time stamp cant be altered, but the video still works and its very unobtrusive.

In previous encounters, when LE is receptive and patient to conversation, we inform them of many things regarding UOC including: authorized not required, racially biased law, 4th Ammend violation, other states LE have no issue with open carry, etc... In this instance the feeling I got from theses officers was confusion and a strong desire to get the check over with, and stop drawing attention from the crowd. In reality, many of them probably recieved a training memo on how to deal with UOC'rs but many of them couldnt remember the details how to do it, There was even some confusion on their part of the definition of "consent" and "refusal". Thats why it is important to try and read whats going on with the LE and adjust UOC behavior to affect a positive outcome. We could have been harder on them or made it more difficult but in this instance that would have probably steered the incident in a negative direction. To me its important to remember while standing up for your rights, when the situation calls for it, also be an upstanding law abiding citizen and help out LE, dont make their job harder and then resent you... If they are trying to be civil and professional, reciprocate. If however, they are abusing their station and authority then take a different tactic.
Hearts and minds.

By the way people came up after the check and detainment and were very supportive of how we handled it and wanted to learn more about UOC.

Born2Lose

You guys were my designated decoys. While you were getting e-checked by 10 cops i was eating at Oggies with my wife and daughter. Thanks to you i went the whole day without being hassled at all. :)

Firemark

or the 2 UOC'rs who came late to the party and were completely missed by LE doin E checks, while the late comers watched from a short distance away.. Apparently all the covering officers forgot to pay attention to their surroundings and any late comers instead they were watching the detainees...

Joshua Costa

Activist Member
I fumbled over my words a bit in this encounter, but I am getting better at asserting my rights. My wife still thinks I sound like an ******* when I talk to cops.

Joshua Costa

Activist Member
My wife is awesome. After I showed her the clip she helped me practice my responses and how to say what I needed to say. I'm so focused on what I'm supposed to say I'm not thinking about how I'm saying it.

It's important to me because for the most part the officers were very polite and I like to show public servants respect when it's due.

There's a good chance they read these forums, so if you guys are reading this sorry I sounded like a dick! (and leave us alone :)