Thread: Does your senator support SB93? List names here so we know who deserves thanks

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Does your senator support SB93? List names here so we know who deserves thanks

If your senator does not support SB93, please list their contact information so we can remind them that they are supposed to be representing us, not their own beliefs.

Senator Jim Holperin (D) Supports SB93, please send him a letter to thank him. Maybe this is a last ditch effort on his part to save his job after fleeing the state earlier this year, but I'll take the win any way that I can.

Holperin actually co-sponsored the bill! Imagine that! A democrat for citizens 2A rights! I am surprised too.

We already have 9 senator authors, and 23 reps singed on as co-sponsors

So does that mean we only need 12 more senators to make this happen? How many representatives will be required to get this to Walkers desk??

ntroduced by Senators Galloway, Grothman, Kedzie, Lazich, Leibham, Moulton, Holperin, Vukmir and Zipperer;

5/16/2011 S. Senator Kapanke added as a coauthor

I count 10

we need 7 more if none of the above do not change their mind

My senator, Leah Vukmir is a co-sponsor and supports constitutional carry all the way

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    My Senator, Democrat Tim Cullen, said this in a Janesville Gazette interview:
    Cullen said he will vote against concealed-carry legislation and what he calls the more aggressive version, constitutional carry.

“I think people who carry guns have rights, but people who do not carry guns have rights, too,” Cullen said. “I don’t see this legislation as intended to balance those two. I also think we need to listen to law enforcement, and I just don’t think that people in our society should be walking down streets or going into buildings and not knowing whether the people they come upon are armed or not.”

“This is one of those classic clashes of rights,” Cullen said. “The general rule in our society, I think, has been that I have a right to do what I want do until it comes to the point that it interferes with your right.”

Society should try to balance those rights, and these bills make little attempt to do that, Cullen said.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

My Senator Robert Wirch (D) supports Concealed Carry.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Michael Ellis wouldnt give me a direct answer. Basically said he is waiting for it to be "formally introduced"

Cullen must be ignorant to criminals who already illegally conceal guns and use them

Cullen said he will vote against concealed-carry legislation and what he calls the more aggressive version, constitutional carry.

“I think people who carry guns have rights, but people who do not carry guns have rights, too,” Cullen said. “I don’t see this legislation as intended to balance those two. I also think we need to listen to law enforcement, and I just don’t think that people in our society should be walking down streets or going into buildings and not knowing whether the people they come upon are armed or not.”

“This is one of those classic clashes of rights,” Cullen said. “The general rule in our society, I think, has been that I have a right to do what I want do until it comes to the point that it interferes with your right.”

Society should try to balance those rights, and these bills make little attempt to do that, Cullen said.
    Maybe Cullen could explain how my being able to defend myself and my family somehow infringes on the rights of the people who choose to not be responsible for their own safety and security.

What 'Clash Of Rights" is this clown referring to? A criminals rights to not meet armed resistance during the commission of their crimes?

We need to figure out a way to get through to this lunkhead. But I have a feeling his mind is already made up, and no amount of logical discussion is going to change that.
    I wonder what his points are for not allowing a law-abiding citizen to be able to defend themselves against an illegally armed criminal.

Could someone please explain to me what rights of others that I could possibly infringe upon because I am discreetly carrying a means of self-defense.
    I think he needs to be reminded that this bill will also allow pepper-spray, & electronic weapons as a means of defense?

Time to make some more calls!

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post

sometimes I think these people need a face to face conversation that goes like this:

ME: Mr. Cullen, you are sound asleep with your family when you hear the hinges on your front door get kicked in.
    HIM: I call the police immediately.
    ME: Response time is seven minutes and 22 seconds. You and your family were just brutally murdered.
    HIM: ...

but then I realize the people I want to have this conversation with wouldn't care if they were brutally murdered because they are imbeciles. At least they didn't touch a gun and make someone else uncomformtable or accidentally kill someone's baby.
    Last edited by SIGdude; 05-24-2011 at 11:10 AM.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Senator Kedzie is a co-author of the original SB93. I haven't had feedback yet on the proposed amendment. I have let him know my issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    Maybe Cullen could explain how my being able to defend myself and my family somehow infringes on the rights of the people who choose to not be responsible for their own safety and security.

What 'Clash Of Rights" is this clown referring to? A criminals rights to not meet armed resistance during the commission of their crimes?

We need to figure out a way to get through to this lunkhead. But I have a feeling his mind is already made up, and no amount of logical discussion is going to change that.
    I wonder what his points are for not allowing a law-abiding citizen to be able to defend themselves against an illegally armed criminal.

Could someone please explain to me what rights of others that I could possibly infringe upon because I am discreetly carrying a means of self-defense.
    I think he needs to be reminded that this bill will also allow pepper-spray, & electronic weapons as a means of defense?

Time to make some more calls!
    No, apparently to the replies from people in Janesville, in the Gazzette, There is no crime in Janesville. Cullen is from that area.
    Oscar

Lightbulb Senator Wirch Never Responded To My Letters.....

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    My Senator Robert Wirch (D) supports Concealed Carry.
    I wrote him and asked him to support "Constitutional Carry". Haven't heard a thing back yet and it has been....oh ten days or more now.

I know he supports concealed carry but I don't think it is "Constitutional Carry". Better than nothing I guess...

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Its particularly important to contact the following legislators:

Senator Scott Fitzgerald

Senator Alberta Darling

Senator Sheila Harsdorf

Assemblymen Jeff Fitzgerald

Passage hinges on those 4 people. Please make polite contact and ask each to support Senate Bill 93)
    Last edited by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman; 05-24-2011 at 04:14 PM.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    I wrote him and asked him to support "Constitutional Carry". Haven't heard a thing back yet and it has been....oh ten days or more now.

I know he supports concealed carry but I don't think it is "Constitutional Carry". Better than nothing I guess...
    I called and talked to Paula twice within the last few weeks. I have never received answers to emails.

According to his staffer he does NOT support Constitutional Carry. But this was before the Frankenbill.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

he does NOT support Constitutional Carry.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    According to his staffer he does NOT support Constitutional Carry. But this was before the Frankenbill.
    This is where the problem lies, I could give a ratzass what "HE" supports or does not support, Because he is supposed to be representing his constituents, not his own beliefs!

How does one politely remind politicians of this?

Senator Wirch voted for the Personal Protection act twice when it was vetoed by then Governor "carry it on your hip" Doyle. According to Wirch, he voted to override Doyle's veto and Doyle was so ticked off at him, the governor never spoke to him again. Having said that, Wirch may not support a bill that requires no training or permits, he is a democrat you know. But, he is facing a recall election and if he votes against the bill we all favor, we just have to work very hard to replace him. Never listen to what a politician says, watch what they do.
    Last edited by Max; 05-25-2011 at 01:30 AM.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Bullseye!

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Senator Wirch voted for the Personal Protection act twice when it was vetoed by then Governor "carry it on your hip" Doyle. According to Wirch, he voted to override Doyle's veto and Doyle was so ticked off at him, the governor never spoke to him again. Having said that, Wirch may not support a bill that requires no training or permits, he is a democrat you know. But, he is facing a recall election and if he votes against the bill we all favor, we just have to work very hard to replace him. Never listen to what a politician says, watch what they do.
    Bullseye!
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.