• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IWB small of back 'pouch' holster

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I have an IWB leather holster that is not much more than a leather pouch. But it's small. Nothing bigger than my Llama Micro Max will fit it. Anybody know of something like that which would suit a real 1911? Big ol' sweat shield included...

cbpeck

I have a DeSantis Insider that fits all full size 1911's. It is a simple leather IWB with a wide steel belt clip. It is a vertical rake, like most holsters that are "not much more than a leather pouch" and does wrap all the way up to the rear of the slide to form a sweat shield. It slips in and out of your waistband very easy, so it is nice for times when you want to remove/replace a holster.

After using it two or three times I started CCing a smaller gun in a more structured holster, so I wouldn't mind passing it along. It is 99.9% new, but I'd give you a good deal on it. I think I even have the original bag, if I'm not mistaken. If you're interested PM me and I'll snap & send a couple photos your way.

Here is the DeSantis listing, though the 1911 version is somewhat different from the compact Glock model pictured:

http://www.desantisholster.com/stor...al/INSIDE-THE-WAIST-BAND-HOLSTERS/The-Insider

Last edited: