• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When someone asks "why do you feel the need to carry?"

JohnH

I really dont think thier thought process at the moment is they dont want you to be able to defend yourself, (although that is their ultimate goal, when protesting guns). I think it is more they are so out of touch with reality and think they have made a great choice in their immediate location and think there is no danger where they are at any given time. They have no concept that there are not just certian locations that crime will happen. If they have a cell phone, (which most everyone does now days) they feel perfectly safe thinking that all they have to do to stop crime, is call 911.

Too many people with a "Picaso Thought process".

Funny, what i most notice is the number of men with cell phones on their belts. Not even a pocket knife. My cell phone is in my pocket. You wouldn't even know I had one. And in event of being attacked, it is the last thing I would reach for. I often wonder what thought would go through their minds if they were attacked and they suddenly realized the uselessness of a cell phone.

Greeter at Lowes asked me why the gun. I replied that I didn't want to be a victim. Her eyes rolled back in her head and her brain hit TILT. I don't think she'd ever considered what she'd do if she were attacked, I'm not sure she'd ever thought that "victim" implied a choice.

xxx.jakk.xxx

Funny, what i most notice is the number of men with cell phones on their belts. Not even a pocket knife. My cell phone is in my pocket. You wouldn't even know I had one. And in event of being attacked, it is the last thing I would reach for. I often wonder what thought would go through their minds if they were attacked and they suddenly realized the uselessness of a cell phone.

Greeter at Lowes asked me why the gun. I replied that I didn't want to be a victim. Her eyes rolled back in her head and her brain hit TILT. I don't think she'd ever considered what she'd do if she were attacked, I'm not sure she'd ever thought that "victim" implied a choice.

That's funny. My cell phone is also just in my pocket. I have a pocket knife clipped to my pocket, the cell phone in my pocket and the gun and magazine on my belt. Cell phones and pocket knives are good, but don't compare to a gun for self defense.

hrlysef

Banned
I answered, "According to the police, there are thirtyone known gangs in Whatcom county with a total population of about six hundred. In the Army thats about a reinforced battalion.

This is an interesting way to look things, especially since it's only one county, makes me wonder just how many spare magazines I'll need to start carrying..Thanks for the thought provoking perspective.

amlevin

This is an interesting way to look things, especially since it's only one county, makes me wonder just how many spare magazines I'll need to start carrying..Thanks for the thought provoking perspective.

And just think. These Gang Members are all following all the firearms laws too. You know, the ones that keep convicted felons from owning or carrying firearms.

jt59

NATO - Brigade

Pierce county is worse....and provides decent fodder for communicating with an anti, or "gun curious" question for carry.

We have a NATO equivalent of a "Brigade", at 3,000 according to this study and three more years of active recruitment.

"IT BEGAN IN THE ’80s

Gangs sprouted in the city in the mid-1980s when gang members from California drove up Interstate 5 and brought crack cocaine – and the violence associated with rivals warring over street corners – into Tacoma’s neighborhoods.

They’ve been a part of the city ever since.

A 2008 survey by the National Gang Intelligence Center estimated 2,500 to 3,500 people were members or associates of dozens of gangs in Pierce County. The survey was based on information and data from law enforcement agencies.

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/05/31/1686692/tacoma-to-study-gangs.html#ixzz1NwLfxSsL
"

I also found this rather interesting on the history and functionality of a "Regiment" system...

Just substitute "County" for "Country", "Gang (name)" for "Regiments"....

I am beginning to think we gave them the play book.....who says they can't read!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regiment

sirpuma

For me, if someone asks why I carry or OC I tell them why. It doesn't matter who (cop or civilian) is asking, I tell them that my safety and security is my responsibility, it is not just my right but my duty to carry to provide that security. A cop is too heavy and a cell phone too slow or useless.