Thread: Oh! Finally!

Oh! Finally!

He's now showing the proper respect for the flag by holding his hand over his heart! Too bad he didn't do that for his first two years in office at the helm of his own country, even (and unfortunately often) while our own national anthem was playing.

Link.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

When I saw that I wondered which anthem was playing or if some other event was happening.

He's wrong no matter what he does.

I think he was just making sure he that trusty taxpayer check book in his pocket.

Go to this really cool site: google.com , and you will find numerous photos of Bush I, II, and other former presidents who were President at the time of the photo not holding their hand over their heart during the anthem.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Go to this really cool site: google.com , and you will find numerous photos of Bush I, II, and other former presidents who were President at the time of the photo not holding their hand over their heart during the anthem.
    Then he had a chance to learn from their mistakes.

No excuses!

I am far more concerned about this image:

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articl...-king-abdullah

What the news sources either did not know or ignored is that one of the titles of King Abdullah is "Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques". As such, he is basically the spiritual leader of Islam, much as the Pope is the leader of Catholics.

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
    Then he had a chance to learn from their mistakes.

No excuses!

LOL, touche *wink*!
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    I am far more concerned about this image:

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articl...-king-abdullah

What the news sources either did not know or ignored is that one of the titles of King Abdullah is "Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques". As such, he is basically the spiritual leader of Islam, much as the Pope is the leader of Catholics.
    Cute. I think they might be in love *blushes*.

Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 05-24-2011 at 08:44 PM.

There is a world of difference between two men holding hands, as is the custom in many of the Middle Eastern and North African countries and the President of the United States bowing to any other head of state.

Do you not remember the gasps when Madeline Albright (sp?) curtsied to the Queen of England?

We Americans earned the right, with our blood, not to bow to any foreign potentate.

You, as a woman, should be aghast at Obama bowing to the Saudi king if for no other reason than the way women are treated in that benighted country. It was in the news just a couple of days ago that a woman was arrested and sentenced to jail for the heinous crime of (gasp!) driving a car!!

You, as a woman, should be aghast at Obama bowing to the Saudi king if for no other reason than the way women are treated in that benighted country. It was in the news just a couple of days ago that a woman was arrested and sentenced to jail for the heinous crime of (gasp!) driving a car!!
    Don't get me wrong, I think that our President, or former president should be bowing to, holding hands with the saudi king. Personally, that saudi king deserves nothing less than a swift kick in his ba**s.

I have stated it before, and I will state it again, someone shows up to my door looking to oppress females, it will be the last door they knock on, guaranteed!

You are right, America has given more than enough blood not to have our Leaders bowing, holding hands, or any of that other crapolah with, to, and at other State leaders.

There is a world of difference between two men holding hands, as is the custom in many of the Middle Eastern and North African countries and the President of the United States bowing to any other head of state.
    Sorry, I should have also responded to this. It is also a custom in some Asian States to bow. Hardly a difference in that they are both cultural norms, expectations, and acts.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Don't get me wrong, I think that our President, or former president should be bowing to, holding hands with the saudi king. Personally, that saudi king deserves nothing less than a swift kick in his ba**s.

I have stated it before, and I will state it again, someone shows up to my door looking to oppress females, it will be the last door they knock on, guaranteed!

You are right, America has given more than enough blood not to have our Leaders bowing, holding hands, or any of that other crapolah with, to, and at other State leaders.
    You and I couldn't agree more on this. A picture that was even more repulsive:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GeorgeBushKingAbdullahKissing.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	5927

Sorry, I should have also responded to this. It is also a custom in some Asian States to bow. Hardly a difference in that they are both cultural norms, expectations, and acts.
    I noticed the Japanese Emperor and Abdullah didn't bow back, nor was there any such formality with the Queen of England. Lets take EVERYTHING into perspective shall we?
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForWar View Post
    You and I couldn't agree more on this. A picture that was even more repulsive:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GeorgeBushKingAbdullahKissing.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	5927

I noticed the Japanese Emperor and Abdullah didn't bow back, nor was there any such formality with the Queen of England. Lets take EVERYTHING into perspective shall we?
    I didn't post this photo because I thought it was a fake. Is the above photo genuine?

So, if the Japanese Emperor didn't bow in return, how can we be sure that the Saudi King was returning the kiss?

From what I have read(e) is the Japanese Emperor, by custom, is supposed to bow back, but did not. Obama can't make the Emperor return the bow, the Emperor, by what I have read(e) is obligated to return the bow to another State leader.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 05-25-2011 at 11:40 AM.

If the PIC is real, holding hands or kissing is over the top. These two actions are in no way global norms that should be expected to follow. A firm handshake is far more Global for two men, and world leaders.

The scene with Bush and the King should have pictured a firm handshake, and an exchange of words along the lines of “How are you *******, very good puke boy I here BHO had to finish what you couldn’t, whatever just keep those flea bitten lips away from me" You know how Clint greets his barber in Grand Torino, far more appropriate then kissing lips that have most likely kissed a **** load before they got to you!
    Last edited by jbone; 05-25-2011 at 03:07 PM.

I think Bush was passing a C-Note because he lost a bet on last nights game. That or he was passing him some weed or the number of a nice call girl.
    Last edited by Nevada carrier; 05-26-2011 at 08:09 AM.