• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oh! Finally!

since9

Campaign Veteran
He's now showing the proper respect for the flag by holding his hand over his heart! Too bad he didn't do that for his first two years in office at the helm of his own country, even (and unfortunately often) while our own national anthem was playing.

Link.

Claytron

Yeah because we all know the magical forces of patriotism that are released simply by covering the area where your heart is with the palm of your hand...

jbone

I think he was just making sure he that trusty taxpayer check book in his pocket.

Beretta92FSLady

Go to this really cool site: google.com , and you will find numerous photos of Bush I, II, and other former presidents who were President at the time of the photo not holding their hand over their heart during the anthem.

rotorhead

Go to this really cool site: google.com , and you will find numerous photos of Bush I, II, and other former presidents who were President at the time of the photo not holding their hand over their heart during the anthem.

Then he had a chance to learn from their mistakes.

No excuses! :)

Beretta92FSLady

I am far more concerned about this image:

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2009/04/10/did-obama-bow-to-saudi-king-abdullah

What the news sources either did not know or ignored is that one of the titles of King Abdullah is "Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques". As such, he is basically the spiritual leader of Islam, much as the Pope is the leader of Catholics.

Cute. I think they might be in love *blushes*.

Bushhandholder.jpg

Last edited:

SFCRetired

Cute. I think they might be in love *blushes*.

Bushhandholder.jpg

There is a world of difference between two men holding hands, as is the custom in many of the Middle Eastern and North African countries and the President of the United States bowing to any other head of state.

Do you not remember the gasps when Madeline Albright (sp?) curtsied to the Queen of England?

We Americans earned the right, with our blood, not to bow to any foreign potentate.

You, as a woman, should be aghast at Obama bowing to the Saudi king if for no other reason than the way women are treated in that benighted country. It was in the news just a couple of days ago that a woman was arrested and sentenced to jail for the heinous crime of (gasp!) driving a car!!

Beretta92FSLady

You, as a woman, should be aghast at Obama bowing to the Saudi king if for no other reason than the way women are treated in that benighted country. It was in the news just a couple of days ago that a woman was arrested and sentenced to jail for the heinous crime of (gasp!) driving a car!!

Don't get me wrong, I think that our President, or former president should be bowing to, holding hands with the saudi king. Personally, that saudi king deserves nothing less than a swift kick in his ba**s.

I have stated it before, and I will state it again, someone shows up to my door looking to oppress females, it will be the last door they knock on, guaranteed!

You are right, America has given more than enough blood not to have our Leaders bowing, holding hands, or any of that other crapolah with, to, and at other State leaders.

Beretta92FSLady

There is a world of difference between two men holding hands, as is the custom in many of the Middle Eastern and North African countries and the President of the United States bowing to any other head of state.

Sorry, I should have also responded to this. It is also a custom in some Asian States to bow. Hardly a difference in that they are both cultural norms, expectations, and acts.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Don't get me wrong, I think that our President, or former president should be bowing to, holding hands with the saudi king. Personally, that saudi king deserves nothing less than a swift kick in his ba**s.

I have stated it before, and I will state it again, someone shows up to my door looking to oppress females, it will be the last door they knock on, guaranteed!

You are right, America has given more than enough blood not to have our Leaders bowing, holding hands, or any of that other crapolah with, to, and at other State leaders.

You and I couldn't agree more on this. A picture that was even more repulsive:

GeorgeBushKingAbdullahKissing.jpg

Sorry, I should have also responded to this. It is also a custom in some Asian States to bow. Hardly a difference in that they are both cultural norms, expectations, and acts.

I noticed the Japanese Emperor and Abdullah didn't bow back, nor was there any such formality with the Queen of England. Lets take EVERYTHING into perspective shall we?

Beretta92FSLady

You and I couldn't agree more on this. A picture that was even more repulsive:

View attachment 5927

I noticed the Japanese Emperor and Abdullah didn't bow back, nor was there any such formality with the Queen of England. Lets take EVERYTHING into perspective shall we?

I didn't post this photo because I thought it was a fake. Is the above photo genuine?

So, if the Japanese Emperor didn't bow in return, how can we be sure that the Saudi King was returning the kiss?

From what I have read(e) is the Japanese Emperor, by custom, is supposed to bow back, but did not. Obama can't make the Emperor return the bow, the Emperor, by what I have read(e) is obligated to return the bow to another State leader.

Last edited:

jbone

If the PIC is real, holding hands or kissing is over the top. These two actions are in no way global norms that should be expected to follow. A firm handshake is far more Global for two men, and world leaders.

The scene with Bush and the King should have pictured a firm handshake, and an exchange of words along the lines of “How are you jackass, very good puke boy I here BHO had to finish what you couldn’t, whatever just keep those flea bitten lips away from me" You know how Clint greets his barber in Grand Torino, far more appropriate then kissing lips that have most likely kissed a **** load before they got to you!

Last edited: