• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Camping near dallas

Pol Mordreth

Hey all, going to be camping (motorhome) for a week with the extended family near Dallas. I have a handgun carry permit from TN, and I know we have formal reciprocity. Can anyone give me the skinny on the concealment rules there? from reading the info at www.state.tx.us it looks like any printing is a problem. How bad is it around Grapevine and Lewisville?

Thanks,
Pol

pooley

Hey all, going to be camping (motorhome) for a week with the extended family near Dallas. I have a handgun carry permit from TN, and I know we have formal reciprocity. Can anyone give me the skinny on the concealment rules there? from reading the info at www.state.tx.us it looks like any printing is a problem. How bad is it around Grapevine and Lewisville?

Thanks,
Pol

You can squeak by in most small towns, but the probability of LE trouble increases proportionately with population. Printing (as you rightly noted) is the major issue we face, especially as the temperatures are starting to rise. Unless you have a good holster that rides high & close I wouldn't trust a single shirt to conceal it at all.

Sounds like you've already got a place picked out, but if not I'd highly recommend the 2 major lakes close by. Lake Fork is some of the best fishing you'll ever have & Lake Tawakoni is just wonderful for sailing/skiing (good fishing too). It's big enough I've personally been out there skipping across 3' rollers on my catamaran.

KBCraig

There's only a violation for intentional failure to conceal, but printing greatly increases your chance of an unwanted police encounter.

pooley

There's only a violation for intentional failure to conceal, but printing greatly increases your chance of an unwanted police encounter.

Accidentally printing suggests negligence. Negligence suggest intentionally not caring. Intentionally not caring suggests meaning to do it and just make it look like an accident. It's a sorry situation, but that's where we are...

Geez, I'm really sick of having to hide my inalienable right like a heroin addiction...

Last edited: