Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Constitutional Carry On The Move! Vote is tomorrow...with an amendment for a permit.

Thumbs up Constitutional Carry On The Move! Vote is tomorrow...with an amendment for a permit.

I received this email a few minutes ago from "Campaign For Liberty":

May 24, 2011

Dear Wisconsin Patriots,

Our continued pressure has paid off!!

A vote on Constitutional Carry is scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday) at 1:30pm in the Senate Judiciary Committee.

This is a key vote that must pass to move our bill closer to having a full Senate vote.

I do want to inform you that an amendment has been attached to the bill and will be included in the vote tomorrow. This amendment will add an optional permit that will only be needed for reciprocity with other states.

What this means is that everyone in Wisconsin will be free to conceal carry with no permit but you will have the option to get a permit that can be accepted in other states that require permits to carry.

I have read the amendment and it does not stop anyone from exercising their Constitutional Carry rights in Wisconsin without a permit and does not allow public or police officers’ access to the optional permit records. Police may only access permit records to validate a permit holder.

Tomorrow is a key day and we must get this vote passed!

Will you help us get this bill moving in the Senate?

We need you to contact the members of the Judiciary Committee and tell them to vote yes on SB-93. Tell them Constitutional Carry is your right and you demand that it be restored. Click here to get their contact information then call and email them right now.

As I have said before, permit carry is simply a step in the wrong direction--government will have more control over your guns than ever before. If permit carry passes, what kind of restrictions will Democrats pile on when they are in power?

Constitutional Carry is the only clear choice that restores the rights of the people and does not increase invasion of government into our personal lives.

To make Constitutional Carry a reality we must keep up the pressure.

We must get Constitutional Carry passed out of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Click here to get the Senate Judiciary Committee's contact information; call and email them right now.

In Liberty,

Todd Welch
    Interim State Coordinator
    Wisconsin Campaign for Liberty

Link to bill amendment: http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/data/SB93-SSA1.pdf

Link for the Senate Judiciary Committee's contact information: http://wisconsinc4l.com/Contact_Judiciary_Committee.htm

Link for donations to Campaign for Liberty (WI): https://secure.campaignforliberty.co...ate.php?for=WI
    Last edited by rcawdor57; 05-24-2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Added links

Thanks for the post. Sent out 3 letters, just to make sure.

Wink Me too...sent letters to all five on the subcomittee...

I hope more of us do the same!

Called all of them...

Emailed all of the Judiciary Committee members and the Fitz's. Thanks for posting.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Bit more about the thoughts of Milwaukee city reps...

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepo...122532948.html

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Oh, like wow, I sent like 20 emails. I just know they will do what I want.
    Why did you send the emails?

Exclamation He's Baaaaaack.....

I've never used the "Ignore" function before.....until now.

Are you still here? Thanks for the insightful commentary. In case you didn't notice, we are winning. But feel free to remain a loser if you want.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    So.... Let's have a show of hands..... who's citation was cited by a judge while he (the judge) declared 941.23 unconstitutional? Blayze???? Nope, put your hand down. Springfield 1911, Mlutz, Mottofixxer (hope I have enough xxx's), McX and me, put your hands up.

What was the impetus of SB94 including specific language that AG VanHollen put in a memo? Once again, not you.

Yep, keyboard cowboys. Sit on our asses.

Good to see another C4L member! I'm excited, we've really got a shot at having some of the most free gun laws in the country.

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    blayze, Don't flame ,stop drop and roll. couldn't resist
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Geez, I donated a hundred bucks to WCI for the Madison 5, that was really neato. I will send out some more emails to Madison, that will be double neato cause we dont need no stinkin permits. Wow, what a rush.
    Pssst!!! I'll let you in on a secret. The people I named ARE the Madison 5.

I have known that since last summer. I get all the same emails from WCI as you do. That is what is so groovy about this scene. Got my guns just a waitin for them thar bills to be passed.
    Cool! On the ignore list you go. I guess you are like Spartacus!

Unhappy We Don't Need No Stinkin Blayze's!

Quote Originally Posted by springfield 1911 View Post
    blayze, Don't flame ,stop drop and roll. couldn't resist

Spartacus is baaaaaack!

Called them all. Emails get read 2-4 weeks down the road....

gonna be buyin my CC weapon soon.... a Rossi Model 685 38 special Snub nose...
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 05-24-2011 at 09:13 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    Spartacus is baaaaaack!
    It is Spar-tuchus.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Sent individual emails to all Republicans in the senate. Most DUMBocrats won't vote for this common sense legislation no matter how much we badger them. We've come too far to turn back now. The bill IS VERY GOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by smithman View Post
    Most DUMBocrats won't vote for this common sense legislation no matter how much we badger them.
    But, some might, so it is still worth the effort. However don't badger. Be polite and respectful. You really have nothing to lose.

btw, are there any Democrat co-sponsors or co-authors?

Quote Originally Posted by smithman View Post
    Sent individual emails to all Republicans in the senate. Most DUMBocrats won't vote for this common sense legislation no matter how much we badger them. We've come too far to turn back now. The bill IS VERY GOOD.
    I would send to the Democrats as well. There are gun loving Dems out there. It cuts across party lines.

I filled out the paperwork TODAY for the Fed. 3-day waiting period for the purchase of my "Concealed" carry pistol (if I need a permit for school zones, might as well carry concealed (SOMETIMES).... Glock 27 Gen. 4 in .40 Cal. 9 shot mag (double stacked) = 9+1... TINY little firearm.... I kinda love it...

Edited to add: Oh yea, they also had a Mac-10 in .45 Cal. with a 30 round mag. I am trying unsucessfully to talk myself out of that to add to my home defence arsonal....

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 05-24-2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Add info
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

What fed 3 day wait are you talking about? Ive always been able to buy my handgun the same day as i do the paperwork and take it home right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    What fed 3 day wait are you talking about? Ive always been able to buy my handgun the same day as i do the paperwork and take it home right away.
    I've never heard of a 3 day either. :-) we have a 48 hour wait. In Wisconsin.

See, now THATS how you troll. I wish the kids today would cop a clue. Member since '09. 200 posts. And NOW he releases his bowels. Right before the vote.

Well done Sir Toll. Bravo!
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    I've never heard of a 3 day either. :-) we have a 48 hour wait. In Wisconsin.
    And only for handguns. That law needs to go. If I can take a shotgun or rifle home the same day, I should be able to do the same for a handgun.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast