• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry On The Move! Vote is tomorrow...with an amendment for a permit.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I received this email a few minutes ago from "Campaign For Liberty":

May 24, 2011

Dear Wisconsin Patriots,

Our continued pressure has paid off!!

A vote on Constitutional Carry is scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday) at 1:30pm in the Senate Judiciary Committee.

This is a key vote that must pass to move our bill closer to having a full Senate vote.

I do want to inform you that an amendment has been attached to the bill and will be included in the vote tomorrow. This amendment will add an optional permit that will only be needed for reciprocity with other states.

What this means is that everyone in Wisconsin will be free to conceal carry with no permit but you will have the option to get a permit that can be accepted in other states that require permits to carry.

I have read the amendment and it does not stop anyone from exercising their Constitutional Carry rights in Wisconsin without a permit and does not allow public or police officers’ access to the optional permit records. Police may only access permit records to validate a permit holder.

Tomorrow is a key day and we must get this vote passed!

Will you help us get this bill moving in the Senate?

We need you to contact the members of the Judiciary Committee and tell them to vote yes on SB-93. Tell them Constitutional Carry is your right and you demand that it be restored. Click here to get their contact information then call and email them right now.

As I have said before, permit carry is simply a step in the wrong direction--government will have more control over your guns than ever before. If permit carry passes, what kind of restrictions will Democrats pile on when they are in power?

Constitutional Carry is the only clear choice that restores the rights of the people and does not increase invasion of government into our personal lives.

To make Constitutional Carry a reality we must keep up the pressure.

We must get Constitutional Carry passed out of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Click here to get the Senate Judiciary Committee's contact information; call and email them right now.

In Liberty,

Todd Welch
Interim State Coordinator
Wisconsin Campaign for Liberty

Link to bill amendment: http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/data/SB93-SSA1.pdf

Link for the Senate Judiciary Committee's contact information: http://wisconsinc4l.com/Contact_Judiciary_Committee.htm

Link for donations to Campaign for Liberty (WI): https://secure.campaignforliberty.com/contribute-state.php?for=WI

Last edited:

Zeus

Emailed all of the Judiciary Committee members and the Fitz's. Thanks for posting.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Oh, like wow, I sent like 20 emails. I just know they will do what I want.

So.... Let's have a show of hands..... who's citation was cited by a judge while he (the judge) declared 941.23 unconstitutional? Blayze???? Nope, put your hand down. Springfield 1911, Mlutz, Mottofixxer (hope I have enough xxx's), McX and me, put your hands up.

What was the impetus of SB94 including specific language that AG VanHollen put in a memo? Once again, not you.

Yep, keyboard cowboys. Sit on our asses. :banghead:

blaze

So.... Let's have a show of hands..... who's citation was cited by a judge while he (the judge) declared 941.23 unconstitutional? Blayze???? Nope, put your hand down. Springfield 1911, Mlutz, Mottofixxer (hope I have enough xxx's), McX and me, put your hands up.

What was the impetus of SB94 including specific language that AG VanHollen put in a memo? Once again, not you.

Yep, keyboard cowboys. Sit on our asses. :banghead:

Geez, I donated a hundred bucks to WCI for the Madison 5, that was really neato. I will send out some more emails to Madison, that will be double neato cause we dont need no stinkin permits. Wow, what a rush.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Geez, I donated a hundred bucks to WCI for the Madison 5, that was really neato. I will send out some more emails to Madison, that will be double neato cause we dont need no stinkin permits. Wow, what a rush.

Pssst!!! I'll let you in on a secret. The people I named ARE the Madison 5.