Thread: Thoughts on Ruger mini-30?

Thoughts on Ruger mini-30?

Who's had one, what do you think of it, what's a good price for one, any problems?
    Thanks for info, just looking around and liked them more than any other common assault rifle.
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

Plainfield, CT, ,
    I have a nephew, who is SF, weapons expert, range master etc... and I always run questions like this by him. I actually asked about the very piece and he said they aren't really known for there accuracy. Still a nice piece...and I am very partical to Ruger Hawkeyes/MarkII's for their hunting rifles.

7.62x39mm- about as hard to go wrong with it as a .45 acp in pistols.
    In some, older AK's no, you wont be shooting olympic match-grade accuracy, Ruger and newer AK-types, somewhat better. But for what it is ,and what it's designed to do- put the BG down with authority, it should do just fine.
    Considering one myself-but havent seen any locally for under $600-700.

SW Florida
    Or an AK. I bought two saigas for the price of 1 mini30

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    i have two. actually a 14 and a 30. 30 is wood stock, brushed steel guard. alright gun, recoil is great, accurate, fast shooter and the 7.62 round is powerful enough to crack cement in half.

good price is $395-$750 and if you get over $750 bad deal

if you wanna spend $1,000+ get the SOCOM ;-) same gun, better quality.

one good thing about the mini 30.......never fails, heat , dirt, water, snow, ice........goes strong no issues .
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    I bought one back in 1994 about 10 days after having purchased a Mini-14. Both were wood furniture with stainless steel parts... iron sights and no scopes. I sold the Mini-14 after I bought an Armalite AR15 carbine.

My Mini-30 is one of only three rifles I have ever owned that did not need any sight adjustments right out of the box, new. I have shot clay pigeons on a dirt berm at 105 yards from a rest with this rifle. I will not sell my Mini-30.

Oh, I paid $379 for the Mini-14 and $399 for the Mini-30, both brand new.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.