• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

His name should be Obozo.

Beretta92FSLady

IMO McCain lost his a$$, because people like you who were too worried about their own elite status REFUSED to point out and ridicule this contemptable incompetent putz happened to be his top campaign advisors.

McCain lost by 10 million votes because he nominated Palin for V.P. as a last ditch effort, after running a campaign that was amateur at best. Not enough 'swift boater' commercials comparing President Obama to Hitler, or Alinsky.

sharkey

I occasionally forget how old I am, my wife is, and my children are. I have wrote the wrong date well past January, Maybe not 3 years mind you, but I would be hypocritical to call Obama out on this one.

Tawnos

I occasionally forget how old I am, my wife is, and my children are. I have wrote the wrong date well past January, Maybe not 3 years mind you, but I would be hypocritical to call Obama out on this one.

I am quite sad to admit, but I wrote 2006 on something recently, before going "wtf, I'm working in a different state at a different company, how did I screw that up." I was also on just a few hours of sleep.

Take that as you will, but it seems quite a crappy thing to take someone to town for.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Pst, Eye has me on their 'ignore' list. Apparently Eye does have a breaking point, and you, well, you apparently enjoy engaging so-called 'mindless malcontents'.

When called out for his incessant sophistry, his only line of defense is to "move on", which he's convinced allows him to maintain the higher ground. He might be right were the criticism frivolous. In his case, however, it generally isn't.

Ignoring is, in his mind, the ultimate form of "moving on".

It works for me, though. I can point out his sophistry for the benefit of third parties, without having to counter a resulting endless barrage of more, meaning I can have my cake and eat it to.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We all contribute to the problem of internal bickering when we respond to those situations as noted above. Each one of us is equally responsible.

The problem that many perceive is when one side/person does not cease and continues to press their point, giving more implied substance by being the loudest and longest - that takes advantage of the position of "I'm only stating my opinion" and leaves a bad taste and sense of frustration with those that have attempted to back off.

I'm understand that frustration. Self-moderation is great when it works. No one person or segment should IMO be allowed to control an idea, thought, event by sheer weight of words applied over and over. IMO such unfairly takes advantage of the patience and fairness desired by the moderators and the Administrator - note I am not speaking for John.

Maybe we need an "overstating your case" or "over-redundant" rule, whether written as such or just applied with that in mind. It is far better to simply state your case (once or twice) and allow others to voice theirs with equal restraint - that does seem to always be the choice however and then intervention is the only recourse left.

Perhaps OCDO needs to step in sooner in a more active manner - I admit to hoping that is not so. One of the hallmarks of OCDO has been to allow each to express their mind freely, but there is a limit gentleman, there is a limit.

Note also that I am not directing this at any one individual, but rather describing a tactic that unnecessarily taxes OCDO.

Jack House

When you use trivialities like this to criticize the man, you marginalize genuine criticism.

He made a mistake. Making a big deal out of it is a stupid and juvenile move.

Odd He would make a mistake like that. People slip-up, crap happens. Leave it to some people to turn a slight bump into Mt. Everest.
Though it pains me to say this, I do agree with her^. Also, I agree with Eye95, though this surprises me not. We agree on just as much as we disagree.

Either way. It is silly to insult someone for signing the wrong date.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I concur to a point.

Not on any official document though: birth or death certificate, marriage license or CHP.

Somebody should have caught this error though before it went public.

Beretta92FSLady

[snip]
Maybe we need an "overstating your case" or "over-redundant" rule, whether written as such or just applied with that in mind. It is far better to simply state your case (once or twice) and allow others to voice theirs with equal restraint - that does seem to always be the choice however and then intervention is the only recourse left.
[snip]

What drives much of the perception of "overstating your case," and "over redundant" statements is that responses are complex, and while an individual might agree with one aspect of a response, there is another aspect of the same response that is not agree with. Hence, the breaking up of responses into multiple quotes. I am not sure how any of us can get away from it.

Beretta92FSLady

I concur to a point.

Not on any official document though: birth or death certificate, marriage license or CHP.

Somebody should have caught this error though before it went public.

Why? I am not aware of any POTUS being perfect. He made a mistake, it's not as if mistakes are above any person. I think that it is not a bad thing for the POSTUS to publicly make mistakes. Bush was famous for verbiage oopsies. Bush I vomited in someones lap, didn't He? What were they to do? Take 2?

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Pst, Eye has me on their 'ignore' list. Apparently Eye does have a breaking point, and you, well, you apparently enjoy engaging so-called 'mindless malcontents'.

You're not exactly a "mindless malcontent", occasionally you make good posts I agree with. Otherwise I would do nothing but taunt you for every asinine post I saw fit too.

McCain lost by 10 million votes because he nominated Palin for V.P. as a last ditch effort, after running a campaign that was amateur at best. Not enough 'swift boater' commercials comparing President Obama to Hitler, or Alinsky.

Like this GEM. John Kerry lost because he was attacked, truthfully, and agressively. McCain lost because he refused too attack, and threw Palin under the bus because she wouldn't be controlled. McCains poll numbers shot way up after picking Palin, and had it not been for the incessant merciless LIES and other attacks she would be our sitting VP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8

Last edited:

Claytron

You're not exactly a "mindless malcontent", occasionally you make good posts I agree with. Otherwise I would do nothing but taunt you for ever asinine post I saw fir too.

Like this GEM. John Kerry lost because he was attacked, truthfully, and agressively. McCain lost because he refused too attack, and threw Palin under the bus because she wouldn't be controlled. McCains poll numbers shot way up after picking Palin, and had it not been for the incessant merciless LIES and other attacks she would be our sitting VP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8

Well i think i see the problem with that video, the people who made it were idiots who could only find fairly uninformed people, probably by screening them and seeing how much they knew before the interviews even started.

VW_Factor

Odd He would make a mistake like that. People slip-up, crap happens. Leave it to some people to turn a slight bump into Mt. Everest.

2008 is a lot different than 2011.

I know of NO ONE personally that is either dingbat enough or stupid enough to forget the year is 2011.. I mean, I can see maybe a 2010 slip in there, but 2008? /facepalm

Tawnos

2008 is a lot different than 2011.

I know of NO ONE personally that is either dingbat enough or stupid enough to forget the year is 2011.. I mean, I can see maybe a 2010 slip in there, but 2008? /facepalm

You assume it's dingbat or stupid, which speaks more about you than it does about who you're criticizing. When I made the 2010/2006 mixup, I was under a ton of stress and sleep deprived. However, I certainly wasn't a dingbat or an idiot.

Would you be that surprised to find this being due to mere jet lag?

VW_Factor

You assume it's dingbat or stupid, which speaks more about you than it does about who you're criticizing. When I made the 2010/2006 mixup, I was under a ton of stress and sleep deprived. However, I certainly wasn't a dingbat or an idiot.

Would you be that surprised to find this being due to mere jet lag?

Seriously? :lol:

Did you ask Obama about his jet lag or what? :lol:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
The thought of Palin as sitting in position for President if McCain kicked the bucket during office, OMFG, that's freaking scary!

WHY? I'm sure she at least knows what year it is, doesn't need a teleprompter to talk to a 3rd grade class, and wouldn't accidentally press a button that would nuke a nation that you actually can see from the extreme ends of her state.

I don't have that much faith in our current president, and even less in the current VP.

Oh wait, I FORGOT!!! Palin is the idiot right?!?! Never mind that the mainstream media nearly invaded Alaska looking for every rumor they could publish within 72 hours of her selection after having done ZERO back ground checks on the moonbat messiah.

What's scary is that some people manage to stay alive and reproduce, I blame excessive safety precautions. Are these morons sustained on welfare or some other gov't entitlement? Someone as clueless cannot possibly be employed in the private sector where something of substance has to be achieved. Perhaps that's why they're so vehemently defending the leftist power structure, because what sense they have tells them that they'd starve to death without the handouts.

Last edited: