Thread: Friendly Hello

Friendly Hello

While I joined up a few days ago,I'm just now getting around to saying Hello.
    Been carrying now for close to 5 years.Both OC and CC.Just depending on weather or not I feel like tucking my shirt tail in.
    I will say that my part of the state or at least county ( Catoosa ) is pretty carry friendly.I've not had any of the problems that I've read about from the local LE.Had a few ask if I had my permit,but none have asked to see it.
    Any way.I look forward to reading through the forums and learning all I can from you fine folks.

Welcome

Yote:

Catoosa County is Carry Freindly, however; Whitfield County may NOT be quite as Freindly towards Open Carry.

In Walker County or Dade County, You would be Fine.

Remember, Tennessee has different Laws, so be Careful if You should Cross that State-line, but..., I would Consider it for Church-going Purposes.

Tennessee has NO Law against Church Carry, and Public Building Carry is Freindlier, unless; such Public Buidling is Posted.

aadvark

Quote Originally Posted by aadvark View Post
    Public Building Carry is Freindlier, unless; such Public Buidling is Posted.
    You might want to double check this. True the lay says it must be posted but it also says they don't have to post it if they don't want to but the ban still stands.
    Last edited by Kingfish; 05-26-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aadvark View Post
    Yote:

Catoosa County is Carry Freindly, however; Whitfield County may NOT be quite as Freindly towards Open Carry.

In Walker County or Dade County, You would be Fine.

Remember, Tennessee has different Laws, so be Careful if You should Cross that State-line, but..., I would Consider it for Church-going Purposes.

Tennessee has NO Law against Church Carry, and Public Building Carry is Freindlier, unless; such Public Buidling is Posted.

aadvark
    Thanks for the welcome.
    And yes sir,I am aware of Tennessee's laws as well.I work in Chatt. and carry in my regular manner while at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Yote View Post
    Thanks for the welcome.
    And yes sir,I am aware of Tennessee's laws as well.I work in Chatt. and carry in my regular manner while at work.
    Have you gotten your TN permit (you can get a TN permit if you have worked in TN for 6 months.) The TN permit is a good one to have (although expensive.) Lots of reciprocity.

Go here and put in GA and see what you get, then add TN.
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php