Thread: Michigan CPL sale/ purchase form ?

Michigan CPL sale/ purchase form ?

I am a Michigan CPL holder, I need to know the form that is required for the lawful purchase or sale of a firearm to another Michigan CPL holder. I think I had seen something posted about it a while back but could not find it in my search. Also is it through Michigan State Police or my local police department?

Thank You

Campaign Veteran
    http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ri-060_6454_7.pdf

my google-fu is stronger then your google-fu

should be what you are looking for, it is under "firearm forms" on the Michigan State Police website.

-northofnowhere

I just did a private purchase with no CPL and the form used was the same 10 Day Purchase Permit that I've had to get for new purchase from my local Police Dept. I think that the form is the same with a CPL as there were blanks in the form for the CPL.

Ri-60
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by eastmeyers View Post
    Ri-60
    Yeah that look like it; except it was a yellow purchase permit.... So in the future once my CPL is in hand (meeting with GB in june) to which if and when I make a new gun purchase with LGS I only need present them with CPL to which we would fill this form together and I turn it in to LPD within ten days right? If I do a private sale then I'm supposed to fill out the same form and again turn in to the LPD? I'm guessing that the CPL allows me to avoid going to the local PD to ask for the "purchase permit" beforehand but I'm still legally bound to fill out this form and turn it it within the ten day period. Did I get this right?

Quote Originally Posted by teecro View Post
    Yeah that look like it; except it was a yellow purchase permit.... So in the future once my CPL is in hand (meeting with GB in june) to which if and when I make a new gun purchase with LGS I only need present them with CPL to which we would fill this form together and I turn it in to LPD within ten days right? If I do a private sale then I'm supposed to fill out the same form and again turn in to the LPD? I'm guessing that the CPL allows me to avoid going to the local PD to ask for the "purchase permit" beforehand but I'm still legally bound to fill out this form and turn it it within the ten day period. Did I get this right?
    Correct, you can print them off from the MSP website, or most local PD have stacks of them, you can ask for a few next time you stop in.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Banned
    I thought the form for CPL holders was different, a 3x5 with a couple carbons? Whats it called? I haven't bought a pistol since my CPL.

Correct, you can print them off from the MSP website, or most local PD have stacks of them, you can ask for a few next time you stop in.
    Well they do know me by name there...... The gal that does all the desk work (Ruth) she likes my tattoos and is always asking the significance of each one.

most local PD have stacks of them, you can ask for a few next time you stop in.
    I keep a couple RI-60 forms in my glove box just in case I run across a good deal.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    I thought the form for CPL holders was different, a 3x5 with a couple carbons? Whats it called? I haven't bought a pistol since my CPL.
    RI-60 is the form number. It's called a "Pistol Sales Record."
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Banned
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I keep a couple RI-60 forms in my glove box just in case I run across a good deal.

Bronson
    That be a right good idea; for a gun fan....

If I do a Google search for "RI-60", the first hit is a .pdf of the form; very easy to print out and take with you to the potential sale... this is what I do.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by teecro View Post
    When you do a sale you do not turn in any form. You keep for your records 1 copy marker sellers copy and you are done.,

Quote Originally Posted by maustin195 View Post
    When you do a sale you do not turn in any form. You keep for your records 1 copy marker sellers copy and you are done.,
    Yep... I should have said "private purchase" not private sale; I'm more of a hoarder than a seller....
    T Cro ® at www.zggtr.org The Kawasaki Concours Forum

Form RI-060

Its called, Pistol Sales Record, form RI-060. I downloaded it to my computer and typed in all the info on just one of the four sections and it automatically fills in the other three. So cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger95 View Post
    Its called, Pistol Sales Record, form RI-060. I downloaded it to my computer and typed in all the info on just one of the four sections and it automatically fills in the other three. So cool.
    I was surprised by the "autofill" feature, too. I was manually printing in the data , when I noticed that my computer cursor was in the first field. You need Acrobat 7.0 or above, I believe , for the autofill to work.

Michigan CPL sale/ purchase form ?

Quote Originally Posted by brentb636 View Post
    I was surprised by the "autofill" feature, too. I was manually printing in the data , when I noticed that my computer cursor was in the first field. You need Acrobat 7.0 or above, I believe , for the autofill to work.
    Welcome to OCDO.

Thank you for the Necro post…
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.