• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan CPL sale/ purchase form ?

TylerJ87

I am a Michigan CPL holder, I need to know the form that is required for the lawful purchase or sale of a firearm to another Michigan CPL holder. I think I had seen something posted about it a while back but could not find it in my search. Also is it through Michigan State Police or my local police department?

Thank You

teecro

I just did a private purchase with no CPL and the form used was the same 10 Day Purchase Permit that I've had to get for new purchase from my local Police Dept. I think that the form is the same with a CPL as there were blanks in the form for the CPL.

teecro

Yeah that look like it; except it was a yellow purchase permit.... So in the future once my CPL is in hand (meeting with GB in june) to which if and when I make a new gun purchase with LGS I only need present them with CPL to which we would fill this form together and I turn it in to LPD within ten days right? If I do a private sale then I'm supposed to fill out the same form and again turn in to the LPD? I'm guessing that the CPL allows me to avoid going to the local PD to ask for the "purchase permit" beforehand but I'm still legally bound to fill out this form and turn it it within the ten day period. Did I get this right?

eastmeyers

Yeah that look like it; except it was a yellow purchase permit.... So in the future once my CPL is in hand (meeting with GB in june) to which if and when I make a new gun purchase with LGS I only need present them with CPL to which we would fill this form together and I turn it in to LPD within ten days right? If I do a private sale then I'm supposed to fill out the same form and again turn in to the LPD? I'm guessing that the CPL allows me to avoid going to the local PD to ask for the "purchase permit" beforehand but I'm still legally bound to fill out this form and turn it it within the ten day period. Did I get this right?

Correct, you can print them off from the MSP website, or most local PD have stacks of them, you can ask for a few next time you stop in.

teecro

Correct, you can print them off from the MSP website, or most local PD have stacks of them, you can ask for a few next time you stop in.

Well they do know me by name there......:lol: The gal that does all the desk work (Ruth) she likes my tattoos and is always asking the significance of each one.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
If I do a Google search for "RI-60", the first hit is a .pdf of the form; very easy to print out and take with you to the potential sale... this is what I do.

maustin195

When you do a sale you do not turn in any form. You keep for your records 1 copy marker sellers copy and you are done.,

Ruger95

Form RI-060

Its called, Pistol Sales Record, form RI-060. I downloaded it to my computer and typed in all the info on just one of the four sections and it automatically fills in the other three. So cool.

brentb636

Its called, Pistol Sales Record, form RI-060. I downloaded it to my computer and typed in all the info on just one of the four sections and it automatically fills in the other three. So cool.

I was surprised by the "autofill" feature, too. I was manually printing in the data , when I noticed that my computer cursor was in the first field. You need Acrobat 7.0 or above, I believe , for the autofill to work. :)

TheQ

I was surprised by the "autofill" feature, too. I was manually printing in the data , when I noticed that my computer cursor was in the first field. You need Acrobat 7.0 or above, I believe , for the autofill to work. :)

Welcome to OCDO.

Thank you for the Necro post…