• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Range protection passes senate

senojkj

Grass Roots North Carolina, P.O. Box 10665, Raleigh, NC 27605, 919-664-8565, www.GRNC.org

GRNC Alert 5-24-11:
RANGE PROTECTION PASSES SENATE

This afternoon, SB 560: "Sport Shooting Range Protection" passed out of the North Carolina Senate by a vote of 36-13. Speaking on behalf of the bill was Sen. Andrew Brock (R-Davie/Rowan, GRNC ****). Speaking against the bill were Sens. Josh Stein (D-Wake, GRNC 0-star) and Floyd McKissick (D-Durham, GRNC 0-star). Because the rules were suspended to permit both Second Reading and Third Reading on a single day, SB 560 passed the Senate and now heads for the House. The bill is now immune from the legislature's June 9 "crossover deadline" and remains alive for next year even if not acted upon by the House before probable adjournment in July.

CONTINUE PRESSURE ON HB 650

HB 650, "Amend Various Gun Laws," still resides in the House Judiciary Sub Committee C. Your voices are still needed to press this forward. Continue to contact the members listed below.

IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

* Contact all members of the House Judiciary Sub-Committee C and deliver this message:

Dear Representative:
I write to express my support for HB 650, "Amend Various Gun Bills." I urge you to support this bill, currently in your Judiciary Subcommittee C.
Please use all your influence to further this bill to the floor for a successful vote. I will be monitoring the progress of HB 650 through Grass Roots North Carolina legislative alerts.
Sincerely,
A North Carolina Voter
* Email these legislators:
Convenience copy and paste lists

* Comma delimited:
Tim.Moore@ncleg.net, Johnathan.Rhyne@ncleg.net, Rayne.Brown@ncleg.net, George.Cleveland@ncleg.net, Jimmy.Dixon@ncleg.net, Joe.Hackney@ncleg.net, Pricey.Harrison@ncleg.net, Verla.Insko@ncleg.net, Bert.Jones@ncleg.net, Jonathan.Jordan@ncleg.net, Annie.Mobley@ncleg.net, Jennifer.Weiss@ncleg.net

* Semi-colon delimited:
Tim.Moore@ncleg.net; Johnathan.Rhyne@ncleg.net; Rayne.Brown@ncleg.net; George.Cleveland@ncleg.net; Jimmy.Dixon@ncleg.net; Joe.Hackney@ncleg.net; Pricey.Harrison@ncleg.net; Verla.Insko@ncleg.net; Bert.Jones@ncleg.net; Jonathan.Jordan@ncleg.net; Annie.Mobley@ncleg.net; Jennifer.Weiss@ncleg.net

* Space delimited:
Tim.Moore@ncleg.net Johnathan.Rhyne@ncleg.net Rayne.Brown@ncleg.net George.Cleveland@ncleg.net Jimmy.Dixon@ncleg.net Joe.Hackney@ncleg.net Pricey.Harrison@ncleg.net Verla.Insko@ncleg.net Bert.Jones@ncleg.net Jonathan.Jordan@ncleg.net Annie.Mobley@ncleg.net Jennifer.Weiss@ncleg.net

----------------------
Contribute to the cause! Give generously to protect your rights.

http://grnc.org/join_grnc/contribute.htm

----------------------
You may find your NC STATE representative by going here:
http://www.grnc.org/contact_reps.htm

You may write your FEDERAL congressman by going here:
http://www.house.gov/writerep/

You may write your FEDERAL senators by going here:
http://www.senate.gov/
-------------------
Support these PRO RKBA merchants who, as GRNC sponsors, are supporting your Second Amendment rights:

Hyatt Gun Shop, 3332 Wilkinson Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28208, 704-394-0387, www.hyattguns.com
C & E Gun Shows, 4225 Fortress Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24060; Phone 540-953-0016 or 888-715-0606; http://www.cegunshows.com/
Dixie Gun and Knife Shows, PO Box 21049, Raleigh, NC 27619, ph: 919-781-1287, www.dixiegunandknifeshow.com/
Ryan & Nina Leonard, Down South Ammo, Home of "SOUTHERN THUNDER" Exploding Targets, http://downsouthammo.com/
Duncan Gun & Pawn, 414 Second St., North Wilkesboro, NC 28659, 336-667-6303, www.duncangun.com
Shooter's Express, 2 Caldwell Dr., Belmont, NC 28012, 800-358-GUNS, www.shootersexpress.com
The Aisle Pawn Shop, 216 N. Main St., Mooresville, NC 28115, 704-663-5656
Gunner's Alley, LLC, 203 N. Harrison Ave., Ste. 130, Cary, NC 27513, www.gunnersalley.com, 919-388-1991, contact: Ed Guerriero, ed@gunnersalley.com
Patrick J. Phelan, Lake Norman Firearms, Inc., 20823 N. Main Street, Cornelius, NC 28031, www.lknfirearms.com, 704-892-7839
Vanguard Security Consulting, LLC, 19135 W. Catawba Ave, Cornelius, NC 28031
DoubleD Media, 8300 Raintree Lane, Charlotte, NC 28277, ph: 704-650-5555, fx: 704-544-0326, donna@doubledme.com

Smith45acp

Re: HB 650

Dear Representative,

I'd like to express my support for HB 650, "Amend Various Gun Bills." I urge you to support this bill as well, currently in your Judiciary Subcommittee C.
Please use all your influence to further this bill to the floor for a successful vote. I will be monitoring the progress of HB 650 through Grass Roots North Carolina legislative alerts.

Forget about the statistically unsupported fear-mongering that critics of the 2nd Amendment spew forth. These folks usually have the dismal outlook that the only thing keeping "us" from killing each other on the streets is access to a convenient means, such as a firearm. I know that people are better than that, and should be trusted accordingly. I've carried a .45 for the last 10 years, and I've never shot anyone.

Think of Liberty and Freedom first, always first. I'm a normal, friendly guy who carries a gun; for protection and also out of respect for the better men than I that died to protect my rights.

Sincerely,

Smith45acp

Thank you for your email.

As a conceal carry holder, I intend to support this bill and all other legislation protecting and defending our 2nd Amendment rights.

Best Regards,

Rep. Jonathan C. Jordan
93rd District – Deputy Majority Whip
Office 418C
Phone: (919) 733-7727
Email: jonathan.jordan@ncleg.net

M

mattwestm

Any idea when HB111 will be heard? There has been no activity in a while.