• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rep. Nerison not cool with constitutional carry

johnny amish

Just recieved this e-mail from Rep. Nerison. Woodchuck and I walked parades with him last year when he told us he supports constitutional carry. Looks like a change of heart after the vote. We need to hammer him on his change of positition.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about concealed carry legislation. After careful review of the issue and speaking with constituents, I have decided to continue my support for concealed carry as a co-sponsor of the Personal Protection Act (PPA).

I support the Personal Protection Act for a number of reasons. First and foremost, I believe it upholds the important right of law-abiding citizens to protect themselves and their families, homes, and businesses against criminals, many of whom already have weapons.

I’m aware that you would like to see a true constitutional carry bill, which is with no permit process, passed. While I understand your viewpoint and would consider supporting constitutional carry in the future, I feel the Personal Protection Act is the right bill for our state at this time. The PPA is a practical piece of legislation that stands a greater chance of becoming law and of being upheld in future legislative sessions. Also, to my knowledge, no state has gone from having no concealed carry laws whatsoever on its books to having right-to-carry with no restrictions

Finally, the PPA brings Wisconsin statutes in line with the vast majority of other states that already have concealed carry. This bill allows permit holders to carry a concealed weapon while traveling across most state lines, something that would not be possible with constitutional carry in place.

I hope this letter helps explain my position on concealed carry and my decision to co-sponsor the Personal Protection Act. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any additional questions or concerns about this or any other issue.

Sincerely,

Lee Nerison

State Representative

96th Assembly District

anmut

I am writing you in regards to Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin. As an elected official and someone who has been sworn to protect and uphold the Constitution I expect your full support of no-tax, no-permit & no-training Constitutional Concealed Carry Bill (SB93).

Additionally, I would like to remind you of a few items:

1) The U.S. Constitution clearly states that our rights of protection “Shall Not Be Infringed.” PERIOD.

2) The Wisconsin Constitution (Article 1, Section 25) is even more clear about our right to keep and bear arms, and about it being an individual personal right. This was added in 1998 by a landslide 79% popular vote

3) You are elected to represent us by way of the Wisconsin Constitution, not your personal bias or interpretations.

4) Gun owners are very politically active. We can be your greatest asset, or we will use the voting booth to remove you from office if you sell out our Constitutional Rights.

Sincerely,

johnny amish

I am writing you in regards to Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin. As an elected official and someone who has been sworn to protect and uphold the Constitution I expect your full support of no-tax, no-permit & no-training Constitutional Concealed Carry Bill (SB93).

Additionally, I would like to remind you of a few items:

1) The U.S. Constitution clearly states that our rights of protection “Shall Not Be Infringed.” PERIOD.

2) The Wisconsin Constitution (Article 1, Section 25) is even more clear about our right to keep and bear arms, and about it being an individual personal right. This was added in 1998 by a landslide 79% popular vote

3) You are elected to represent us by way of the Wisconsin Constitution, not your personal bias or interpretations.

4) Gun owners are very politically active. We can be your greatest asset, or we will use the voting booth to remove you from office if you sell out our Constitutional Rights.

Sincerely,

Very cool, we need to put a lot of presure on these guys and remind them why they were elected.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
So, he never heard of the state of Vermont?

maybe you could smack that dumbsonofabitch upside his head with a carton of Ben & Jerry's ice cream! Maybe he'll remember that Vermont is a state after that?

is this ***** on the recall list? If not, why not?

Time to look for a job in his very near future?

johnny amish

maybe you could smack that dumbsonofabitch upside his head with a carton of Ben & Jerry's ice cream! Maybe he'll remember that Vermont is a state after that?

is this ***** on the recall list? If not, why not?

Time to look for a job in his very near future?

Nerison is not on the recall list because he voted against Walkers collective bargaining. Things are starting to make sense now.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Nerison is not on the recall list because he voted against Walkers collective bargaining. Things are starting to make sense now.

So, are you saying he is a sheep in sheepdogs clothing?

it is time for him to go, don't ya think?
The BS that feingold spread around finally caught up to him, maybe it is this azzclowns time now too? When is he up for re-election or removal from office? here's your reason to do so.

KBCraig

Dear John,
I know it's your name, but what a stereotypical way to start a "screw off!" letter!

I’m aware that you would like to see a true constitutional carry bill, which is with no permit process, passed.
At least it was an actual personal reply to what you'd written, not a computer-generated form letter based on keywords.

This bill allows permit holders to carry a concealed weapon while traveling across most state lines, something that would not be possible with constitutional carry in place.
Wow. Disingenuous, much? True constitutional carry with an optional license for reciprocity, like Alaska and Arizona, is perfectly acceptable, as long as the license isn't mandatory. While I haven't followed this rat orgy closely, my impression is that Constitutional-with-optional-license was the goal.

*sidebar: I'm in Texas, planning to move to New Hampshire, but my wife's family is mostly from Iowa and Minnesota, with a few in Wisconsin; that's why I follow developments in your state. Plus, I would love to see a state go from zero to hero, just as a way to throw it in the face of our anti-Constitution "pro-gun" lobbyists in Texas who insist on baby steps when there are giant strides available.

johnny amish

So, are you saying he is a sheep in sheepdogs clothing?

it is time for him to go, don't ya think?
The BS that feingold spread around finally caught up to him, maybe it is this azzclowns time now too? When is he up for re-election or removal from office? here's your reason to do so.

Yeh, it smells like rino, big fat stinking rino, lie to your face rino, good for nothing waste of space rino over here and it's time to clean up the mess. Unfortunately he was just re-elected last nov. so we won't get a chance to fire him for some time.