• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Am i Really Alone?

Joe GlockStar

so since ive obtained my minnesota permit to carry about a year or more ago now, i have always, and i do mean always. Everyday, everywhere, i open carry...
upon finding this forum shortly after getting my permit it just made me want to OC more. it became practical, and i learned alot about the art of OC. but in my VERY active life, after more than one whole year of going to atleast 2 stores or gas stations whatever every single day, i have only seen 1 (one) person other than me open carry. and he was on a motorcycle and i caught him at a redlight to notify him that his sw sigma didnt have a mag in it, much to his surprise :mad: he aparently lost it on the bike. so am i really alone? shouldnt i see more of this? everyone on here talks about themselves open carrying and it makes me wonder if either im the only one from the minneapolis area or if everyone really does OC? is anyone from minneapolis?

Beretta92FSLady

Joe,

You are not alone. I am here with you, well, for you, well, we share a common 'thing', that is, OC'ing.

Sara Mae

Last edited:
C

Calebs

Hi Joe & Beretta,
There are lots of people who want more OC and think they are alone but maybe through this forum we will get united :)
Count me in, I am with you guys. Hope to hear more voices here.

Superlite27

Even though I thought I was alone for awhile, the simple answer came to me when a local guy (sohighlyunlikely here on the board) started posting invites to join him on a Starbucks tour. Now, after hitting almost all the Starbucks here in St. Louis, there's a pretty large number of us who get together regularly and discuss local issues.

It's simple, and you'll be surprised at the cool people you might meet. I highly reccommend simply posting a public invite to OC at a restaraunt you like on a certain date and time.

If nobody shows up, so what? You can still have a good meal. Yet, if they do, you'll probably meet some new friends.

Aknazer

You have to remember that only a small percentage of Americans even carry (OC or CC). Then out of that number most of them CC for various reasons (it's illegal to OC in my state and for my parents it's because they feel like OCing regularly would make them a target for the gun; though they aren't scared of it showing should they take off a jacket or be on their harley. Though I'm going to work on warming them up to OCing). So people who OC are just a relatively small number of the population as a whole. You should try posting in the state forum to see if you can find anyone on here close to you and set up a time to meet up.

PavePusher

nice felling dear and very well thanks for the share it with us and here i would like to tell you that i am with you and if you fell alone ever so plzzz try to remember which memories you make very enjoy then.

thanks
kimhellbert :) :cool:

ROFL!! O.K., it's not always nice to make fun of others spelling and grammer, but that hit my funny-bone today...

Joe GlockStar

ya, i hate to have to have a OC meeting to see it...like i said i carry open everywhere everyday...ide just like to see someone in walmart or at the restaurant one day carrying and not feel like a lone ranger.